Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 18th December 2009, 13:36   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe, probably, in fact, and I have to say I had doubts, but thought that that winged logo was the Bentley mark? As EssYouWe points out, (), I am not in that same class at all!

Anyway, I did think that the interior looked a bit tacky for a Bentley, which is very much a stately home on wheels!
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 14:21   #47
BHPian

suhaas: more the faults you can find with the thing, easier is it to resist the temptation.
and about the boat even if i like it where would i take it. i live in delhi.
akshaymahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 18:11   #48
Senior - BHPian

Any idea why the hand made bike should cost so much?

@Akshay

Adventure Island.

EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 11:31   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I do dislike those metallic central fascia finishes.

But hey, just about everything is customisable on a Bentley, so I won't have to have one on mine!
Thad,

Slightly out of context here, but I hope you haven't mistaken the Chrysler for a Bentley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
suhaas: more the faults you can find with the thing, easier is it to resist the temptation.
and about the boat even if i like it where would i take it. i live in delhi.
Well said Akshay, well said!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 13:20   #50
dcs
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schugun View Post
@dcs, well if you are not a sardar guy, then I don't think I saw you anywhere near that chrysler in that show. The sardar spoke to my dad and myself, gave me the brochure, CD and exchanged business cards. When I asked the price of the chrysler, he told its Rs.85 lacs. If you are working with Magus, may i know your name?
Well, you will get to know my name sooner than never, but as of now I would prefer being addressed as "dcs" only. and on account of the heavy rush, it is quite possible that you could have mistaken me to be an onlooker. anywhichways, I dont have a personality like that of Khali!! LOL

Good that you have the cd and the brochure, guess it would give you some more information that you are looking out for.

I guess too much has been said about the Chrysler by a lot. I think I should post some pics rather then playing on the keyboard, but I wonder if that would be ethical enough.
dcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 20:54   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Thad,

Slightly out of context here, but I hope you haven't mistaken the Chrysler for a Bentley?
Already admitted to it.

--- Which means I won't be allowed to buy a Bentley now; they are fussy who they sell to

Hey ho...
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 22:05   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Already admitted to it.

--- Which means I won't be allowed to buy a Bentley now; they are fussy who they sell to

Hey ho...
'Tis the season to be jolly! So you could try again!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 23:33   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs View Post
Well, you will get to know my name sooner than never, but as of now I would prefer being addressed as "dcs" only. and on account of the heavy rush, it is quite possible that you could have mistaken me to be an onlooker. anywhichways, I dont have a personality like that of Khali!! LOL

Good that you have the cd and the brochure, guess it would give you some more information that you are looking out for.

I guess too much has been said about the Chrysler by a lot. I think I should post some pics rather then playing on the keyboard, but I wonder if that would be ethical enough.
well btw when I was at the magus stall, we were the only onlookers at that point of time, so there was no chance that I would have mistaken you to be an onlooker. The reason why I asked your name was because I know the name of the magus person (Sardar) whom I spoke to.

There is nothing wrong in posting pictures after all they are just cars.
schugun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 15:31   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Any idea why the hand made bike should cost so much?

This will help you a wee bit

Cannondale Bicycle Corp. - History

They are the leading manufacturer for bike in USA with excellent hand made bike out of aluminum. The model show in the pic is a Cannondale RUSH which cost around $1500 in USA. Now that would be around 70k rupees in India. So for 85k its not such a bad deal considering you get absolutely perfect hand made bike that can be used for marathon.

for more info on rush have a look here.

2009 Cannondale Bikes - Rush

hope this helps.
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 13:29   #55
BHPian

Whether the 300c is 70L or 85L, its STILL massively overpriced in my opinion! They are taxis here in Singapore, and I still prefer riding the E-class or Sonata taxis as they are more comfortable! The 300c feels like a barge (not yacht or boat), and is not as spacious from the inside as it seems.

Also, scissor doors? For a CEO?
nirav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 13:50   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs View Post
I work with Magus Cars
@DCS, at the end of the day you work for a company who wants to sell cars and you should show more etiquette in replying to customers/potential customers/onlookers and others, however wrong they are. You could have answered in a more polite manner. It is my opinion and may be different from your point of view.
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote