Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 14th February 2011, 16:43   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Pics : Red Ferrari 360 Modena in Mumbai (Sachin Tendulkar's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Same owner and he also has the Gallardo Superleggera.
That's a pretty impressive lineup.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:37   #62
BHPian

News News guys.

Sachin has sold his beloved Ferrari to a builder in Surat by the name of Jayesh Desai. Apparently, Jayesh Desai counts Sachin as one of his friends and also interacts with him 'at length' frequently.

Check out the link for more information.

Sachin’s Ferrari now buzz of Surat - Indian Express

(Mods - Name of the new buyer revealed as it is already in the papers. Please delete if found inappropriate)

Last edited by SankalpDesai : 23rd June 2011 at 09:40.
SankalpDesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 13:18   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
News News guys.

Sachin has sold his beloved Ferrari to a builder in Surat by the name of Jayesh Desai. Apparently, Jayesh Desai counts Sachin as one of his friends and also interacts with him 'at length' frequently.

Check out the link for more information.

Sachinís Ferrari now buzz of Surat - Indian Express

(Mods - Name of the new buyer revealed as it is already in the papers. Please delete if found inappropriate)
Not to be a prick, but I find that a bit inappropriate on Sachin's part. It was a gift from Fiat and was gifted to him personally by then F1 champ Michael Schumacher. It was gifted to him with a lot of respect and adoration for the little master. Moreover, Fiat even paid the 120% customs duty for it! And now Sachin sells it for a around 2 crore. I don't know, that's my view, I wouldn't have sold a gift. Especially considering the trouble Fiat had to go through to give it to him.
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 13:44   #64
Senior - BHPian

^^ 2crores??
Are you sure , coz in the papers the amount was not disclosed. Atleast not in TOI when I read it.
But I concur with your pov, selling a gift is like pocketing the profit earned from someone's else money. Not a good practice, atleast not for Sachin. He is such a big character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
It was probably part of the deal for Sachin endrosing fiat in India. You never know.

Moreover he has got an awesome replacement for the Modena and that shows that hes a true petrol head.
You are correct HF, but what did he replace the Modena with ?

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 24th June 2011 at 14:05.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 13:48   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Not to be a prick, but I find that a bit inappropriate on Sachin's part. It was a gift from Fiat and was gifted to him personally by then F1 champ Michael Schumacher. It was gifted to him with a lot of respect and adoration for the little master. Moreover, Fiat even paid the 120% customs duty for it! And now Sachin sells it for a around 2 crore. I don't know, that's my view, I wouldn't have sold a gift. Especially considering the trouble Fiat had to go through to give it to him.
It was probably part of the deal for Sachin endrosing fiat in India. You never know. Who are we to decide if its appropriate or not without knowing the full facts? His car, he decides weather he sells it or keeps it. Moreover he has got an awesome replacement for the Modena and that shows that hes a true petrol head.
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 13:53   #66
BHPian

Post Re: Pics : Red Ferrari 360 Modena in Mumbai (Sachin Tendulkar's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
2 Crores for a 7-8yrs old 360 Modena when you are getting a 3yr old F430 for 1.8crs ?! Either you'v got the sum wrong, or the person buying it has lost his mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
^^ 2crores??
Are you sure , coz in the papers the amount was not disclosed. Atleast not in TOI when I read it.
But I concur with your pov, selling a gift is like pocketing the profit earned from someone's else money. Not a good practice, atleast not for Sachin. He is such a big character.
Totally agree with you on that fordmanchu !

Last edited by ShortShifter : 24th June 2011 at 13:55.
ShortShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 14:47   #67
Senior - BHPian

a brand new italia internationally shoud be 75 laks. 2 cr for a old old old car, india surely has money but no brains or sense. its all matter of names and fortune
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 14:49   #68
BHPian

+1 to what HeavyFoot said, he knows where he needs to put his monies. He is replacing/about to repalce the aging Modena with a Monsterous Zilla.

Kailash (ShortShifter), I think the 2 crores paid for the Modena is acceptable to many people in India 'cos is a Car Owned/Driven by God of Cricket, Sachin and that itself is more than the extra bucks he puts in. Do you really think, so called Jayesh Desai would hold on to this for very long, I really doubt. It would change hands soon and that too with a decent profit going to Jayesh.

Quote:
Obviously smitten by his new toy, Jayesh Desai said “the firing of the car is so sweet that I can listen to it for hours”.
Just read it on Indian Express Sachin Modena Article, Firing of the Car What the Heck is it, I think Sachin owned a Modena ala James Bond 007's special cars. Atleast he should have said the Exhaust Note of the Car is something to die for.
Firing

Last edited by traveloholic : 24th June 2011 at 14:54.
traveloholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 15:21   #69
Senior - BHPian

In pg.9 of Bangalore's TOI, a source reveals the price to be above 2 cr! The front page reveals nothing about the price. I am surprised that Sachin has done this. But obviously, it must mean that there is a good reason behind this. Because selling the car without an appropriate reason will be a direct insult at Fiat and Schumi.
Old 24th June 2011, 15:27   #70
Senior - BHPian

2 crore for this car is justified because of the two names attached to the same SRT and MS.
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 15:28   #71
Senior - BHPian

Yeah to a large extent, had he auctioned it, I'm sure he would be a lot lot richer!
Old 24th June 2011, 18:07   #72
Senior - BHPian

If you've got the wonga, to pay circa 2cr (give or take) is an adequate price. You not only get a nine odd year old 360, but you get a little piece of sporting (both automotive via Schumi and cricket with Sachin) history... and that little bit, monetarily, is a very subjective sum!
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 18:31   #73
BHPian

I hope Sachin has not entered into a endorsement contract with a Ferrari competitor.

That is one good reason to sell it off.
Skyline GT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 19:53   #74
SSP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot

It was probably part of the deal for Sachin endrosing fiat in India. You never know. Who are we to decide if its appropriate or not without knowing the full facts? His car, he decides weather he sells it or keeps it. Moreover he has got an awesome replacement for the Modena and that shows that hes a true petrol head.
+1

Even MS handing over the keys, wasn't that a part of his Ferrari duties? I mean I understand both are Gods in their own rights, but I don't see anything in this beyond brand building for Fiat.
SSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 21:29   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
a brand new italia internationally shoud be 75 laks. 2 cr for a old old old car, india surely has money but no brains or sense. its all matter of names and fortune
Oopsie! If I remember clearly the 458 is priced at £ 170,000 and that translates it to in excess of 1 crore INR.
Shivank is offline   Reply With Quote