Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2011, 12:55   #121
BHPian
 
nandishpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..

finally i am back on the writing note,i bought my best built S class ever a year back but did not update the thread,may be i was enjoying it too much & it keeps me busy with its never ending features,lots to write & ownership experience,but all that will come a little later,
nandishpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2011, 14:20   #122
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune, Bahrain
Posts: 438
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
finally i am back on the writing note,i bought my best built S class ever a year back but did not update the thread,may be i was enjoying it too much & it keeps me busy with its never ending features,lots to write & ownership experience,but all that will come a little later,
Is this the same one your talking about or did you buy another one?

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-.../S-Class.html/
kevinephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2011, 14:38   #123
BHPian
 
nandishpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..

its the same 1,apparently i have decided to not part with it & the ad will be out,
its rare to get these cars & getting it in pristine condition is impossible
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
Is this the same one your talking about or did you buy another one?

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-.../S-Class.html/
nandishpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 12:19   #124
BHPian
 
nandishpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..

this is the day i got the delivery,after that i did a lot of detailing to the car,
Attached Thumbnails
My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..-img00404201009050934.jpg  

My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..-img00405201009050934.jpg  

My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..-img00430201009121401.jpg  

nandishpal is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 22:28   #125
BHPian
 
rosh_aveo1.4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cochin, Kerala
Posts: 531
Thanked: 286 Times
Default Re: My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..

Hey Nandishpal. That is an absolutely beautiful W140, always my all time fav Merc besides the W124. Never seen anything maintained so immaculately. You are right..no one dare bargain for such a beauty! If I had some cash, this would be the first thing to buy. How is the maintenance cost on an average? And I think the 320 is not bothersome as it's 500 and 600 cousins right?
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 14:00   #126
BHPian
 
nandishpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..

thanks rosh,you should see it to beleive it.this car has amazed me with its capabilities,after buying this car & driving it for a year now every other car feels like a chinese make,the attention to detail & the quality is so very very upmarket,
maintenance has been on a very low side for too many reasons,
1) previous owner had changed the complete wiring harness,not a single error on the dash,
2) always maintained according to MB service intervals
3) always used original MB parts
all i have spent is petrol,9kmpl is a very good average for a 2 ton car,
every gadget in my car works & you would be amazed at what MB had made in the early 90's
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Hey Nandishpal. That is an absolutely beautiful W140, always my all time fav Merc besides the W124. Never seen anything maintained so immaculately. You are right..no one dare bargain for such a beauty! If I had some cash, this would be the first thing to buy. How is the maintenance cost on an average? And I think the 320 is not bothersome as it's 500 and 600 cousins right?
nandishpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 14:33   #127
BHPian
 
karizma_devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 421
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..

Please post some detailed pics or exterior and interior.
Would love to hear the driving experience !
karizma_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 15:17   #128
BHPian
 
nandishpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..

you can see all the pictures at this link,i dont have the smaller resolution pictures,
i will give a detailed report on the driving experience soon
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...79443836116961
Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
Please post some detailed pics or exterior and interior.
Would love to hear the driving experience !
nandishpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 15:32   #129
BHPian
 
karizma_devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 421
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
you can see all the pictures at this link,i dont have the smaller resolution pictures,
i will give a detailed report on the driving experience soon
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...79443836116961
403. Thatís an error.
We're sorry, but you do not have access to this document. Thatís all we know.

Am getting the above error when i clicked on the link.
Will wait for your write up & pics.

Wish you many happy & safe miles with the Monster !
karizma_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 15:35   #130
BHPian
 
nandishpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..

strange,the same link is accessible from my laptop,i will try to compress the pictures & post them on the forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
403. Thatís an error.
We're sorry, but you do not have access to this document. Thatís all we know.

Am getting the above error when i clicked on the link.
Will wait for your write up & pics.

Wish you many happy & safe miles with the Monster !
nandishpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 21:40   #131
BHPian
 
BANDHAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 880
Thanked: 263 Times
Default Re: My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..

Yup, 403, I am facing the same problem.
BANDHAV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 12:00   #132
BHPian
 
nandishpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..

check this link now,
https://picasaweb.google.com/1092854...N-0uvbq5KL72AE
enjoy the pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Yup, 403, I am facing the same problem.
nandishpal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 16:37   #133
Newbie
 
redohabitat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: delhi
Posts: 18
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
this is the day i got the delivery,after that i did a lot of detailing to the car,
This must be the best looking car ever made. Looks like a car, not like a robot on wheels. Have you kept the w126 too? what do you think would be the maintainence cost of these two beauties, per year? That could include all except fuel, of course. Like filters, servicing, and your ownership telling us the cost of break downs/failures... Why i am asking is i really want to own one, but wonder if its anywhere comparable to the cost of owning a 1992 FJ80 landcruiser, been 2 years, and haven't spent a penny.
redohabitat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2011, 17:24   #134
Distinguished - BHPian
 
smartcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,969
Thanked: 11,901 Times
Default Re: My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..

Nandish, that's a superb looking S-class you have there. I don't think we'll ever have such beautiful designs coming out of Mercedes ever again - thanks to the trend of designing cars with lots of curves.

If maintained at authorized Mercedes service centers, how much does the S-class cost to maintain each year approximately?
smartcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 08:33   #135
BHPian
 
nandishpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..

thanks smartcat,if you are a smart end user & you know what has to be changed when according to the owners manual,you will invest 20k per year only to keep her in top notch condition
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Nandish, that's a superb looking S-class you have there. I don't think we'll ever have such beautiful designs coming out of Mercedes ever again - thanks to the trend of designing cars with lots of curves.

If maintained at authorized Mercedes service centers, how much does the S-class cost to maintain each year approximately?
nandishpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
West Bengal to Rajasthan Road Trip to celebrate New Yearís Eve lovecars21 Travelogues 42 6th November 2015 19:52
Mercedes W126 300SD 1983 eyedoc Super-Cars & Imports in India 43 20th June 2010 22:24
GQ Drive: Christmas - New Year's Eve hrag Route / Travel Queries 130 4th January 2009 11:01
Shameful Incidents in Mumbai on New Year's eve - Gateway of India NOW JW Marriott Nikhilb2008 Shifting gears 186 18th January 2008 22:08
Road Accidents on New Year's eve indianrunner Shifting gears 20 7th January 2008 16:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:18.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks