Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 30th June 2010, 00:20   #106
Senior - BHPian

Nice shots raging bull. Justifies my signature perfectly. Not because I'm a Jaguar lover but park an S Class and 7 Series next to this and you will know what character is all about. Beautiful piece of machinery.
Dippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 00:33   #107
Senior - BHPian

Saw one XJ in my university campus yesterday. Boy, that cat is so beautiful. Brilliant design, just oozes the elegance and character!

Great pics Ragingbull.

This will definitely be my pick from Jag's current line up.
Ace F355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 01:44   #108
Senior - BHPian

I've said this before and I'm saying this again.Stylistically speaking,I think the XJ's a bit too big to pull off that coupe profile as effortlessly as the XF.It just falls short of the perfection that the XF is! And that blacked-out C pillar clearly looks like an afterthought,trying in vain to visually cloak that fat rear.Just my opinion!

That said,she'll be quite a sight in the flesh.Especially in black.She' got overwhelming road presence! Lovely snaps there theragingbull.
AyAn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 20:08   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
I've said this before and I'm saying this again.Stylistically speaking,I think the XJ's a bit too big to pull off that coupe profile as effortlessly as the XF.It just falls short of the perfection that the XF is! And that blacked-out C pillar clearly looks like an afterthought,trying in vain to visually cloak that fat rear.Just my opinion!

That said,she'll be quite a sight in the flesh.Especially in black.She' got overwhelming road presence! Lovely snaps there theragingbull.
Wholeheartedly!

As I'd mentioned in my earlier post, I honestly think that the blackened C-pillar and that overly extended swoop in the roof-line doesn't gel with the rest of the elegant yet purposeful design. From the rear three-quarters, something doesn't look right. And for some reason, the rear reminds me of the Indigo Manza's!

The XF is still the better looking car IMO, but just slightly!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 20:22   #110
BHPian

Default .........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Finally saw the Jag up close It's incredibly beautiful!! The C-pillar reminded me of the Citroen C6.
The last pic shows a hint of similarity between the headlamps of the XJ and the tail-lamps of the Q5. I mean the shape of the lights. Anyone else thinks so?

HDIL Tower

This place is more like Exotics Showcase......Every luxury saloon we can see at here...
diecast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 22:23   #111
BHPian

This particular example does not look that good because of its wheels. I think it should have bigger wheels to become the classy car that it is.
artofzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 00:43   #112
BHPian

Saw one Black XJ today at BARC Flyover near Mankhurd and it had Temp Reg plates, was going towards Vashi.

Its one stunning looking car and I have to agree with Dippy's Signature that "it does make the S Class and 7 Series look like wimps"

Last edited by Safin : 21st July 2010 at 00:44.
Safin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 01:01   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin View Post
Saw one Black XJ today at BARC Flyover near Mankhurd and it had Temp Reg plates, was going towards Vashi.

Its one stunning looking car and I have to agree with Dippy's Signature that "it does make the S Class and 7 Series look like wimps"
Must be the same car I saw in the dealership the other day. I cant wait the 'R' version of the XJ to come out. The XJR will be awesome.
Dippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 07:50   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Must be the same car I saw in the dealership the other day. I cant wait the 'R' version of the XJ to come out. The XJR will be awesome.
Dippy,I don't think there is an R version in the XJ. Its just the XJ/XJL supercharged and the supersport version.
The Eaton supercharged XJ/XJL has got the 470 hp and the supersport XJ/XJL has got 510hp(same as the XKR,XKR/c and XFR) .
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 14:22   #115
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Seen this Jaguar XJ-L in Peddar Road and have to say that the car does have more style and presence than the Merc S Class or the BMW 7 series.
Name:  XJ1.jpg
Views: 2060
Size:  78.9 KB Name:  XJ2.jpg
Views: 1997
Size:  49.4 KB
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 14:26   #116
Senior - BHPian

Nice catch V12! I still prefer a black one So is this the second XJ-L in mumbai?
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 14:48   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Nice catch V12! I still prefer a black one So is this the second XJ-L in mumbai?

There are three XJ-L in Bombay. Black, silver and the Botanical green.

Last edited by speedy : 4th August 2010 at 14:51.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 14:50   #118
BHPian

This is a fantastic looking car, Saw one and the only one in Bangalore. It's a Black.
SpinWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 23:44   #119

Awesome car. i would anyday pick it over s class and 7 series.XJ is for sure my next car, Would just love it in my garage...
sabylamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 12:50   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinWizard View Post
This is a fantastic looking car, Saw one and the only one in Bangalore. It's a Black.
Its not the only one. There are 2 Black XJ-L s in Bangalore
Baleno7811 is offline   Reply With Quote