Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2010, 03:06   #121
Senior - BHPian
 
anekho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .
Posts: 1,997
Thanked: 656 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Eeeks ! Red is a thumbs down from me ! I thought he would stick with the black like in the X5. Vermilion Red is the worst shade BMW makes IMO.
Tell me about it... That dull shade of red on a bimmer makes it look like it's old and used instead of showroom fresh.

anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 20:09   #122
Senior - BHPian
 
Anand123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 1,870
Thanked: 2,296 Times
Default

Mohanlal's Merc S350 Cdi. .
Attached Images
 
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 20:17   #123
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Mohanlal's Merc S350 Cdi. .
Wow ! I thought hani will be the first one to post it. Great find ! Thanks for sharing buddy !
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 23:12   #124
Senior - BHPian
 
anekho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .
Posts: 1,997
Thanked: 656 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Mohanlal's Merc S350 Cdi. .
Looks stately! Luxury on wheels, this

This colour has got to be one of the best for the S-Class!
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 23:27   #125
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,479
Thanked: 93 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Mohanlal's Merc S350 Cdi. .
Nice find dude. Amazing, its the first white FL S-class in the state. When did he took the delivery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Wow ! I thought hani will be the first one to post it. Great find ! Thanks for sharing buddy !
It's true that I used to post the first photos of most of Mercs. But its also true that I used to wish that some one else too post, like Anand did, so that I can enjoy the photos!
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 23:32   #126
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Nice find dude. Amazing, its the first white FL S-class in the state. When did he took the delivery?



It's true that I used to post the first photos of most of Mercs. But its also true that I used to wish that some one else too post, like Anand did, so that I can enjoy the photos!
Infact, this is the first White FL-S I've seen

OT - Ah, the infamous laid back feel, i know i know
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 08:21   #127
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 62
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Infact, this is the first White FL-S I've seen

OT - Ah, the infamous laid back feel, i know i know
Do the FLs have Xenons as a standard package, or are they still an optional extra? I never understood how a car this expensive would be sold w/o xenons! We have an S320CDI in the family and the damn car is w/o xenons
e92335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 12:20   #128
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335 View Post
Do the FLs have Xenons as a standard package, or are they still an optional extra? I never understood how a car this expensive would be sold w/o xenons! We have an S320CDI in the family and the damn car is w/o xenons
The car you mentioning must be a base version in W220 series. They didn't come with xenons but were available as an option. But since the W221 was on sale the xenons are standard option and in last year, the pre FL ones got a head light upgrade and bi-xenons became standard. The FL W221 also gets bi-xenons as standard.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 19:56   #129
Senior - BHPian
 
Anand123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 1,870
Thanked: 2,296 Times
Default

More pics of Mohanlal's S-class
Attached Images
   
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 23:28   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,479
Thanked: 93 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335 View Post
Do the FLs have Xenons as a standard package, or are they still an optional extra? I never understood how a car this expensive would be sold w/o xenons! We have an S320CDI in the family and the damn car is w/o xenons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
The car you mentioning must be a base version in W220 series. They didn't come with xenons but were available as an option. But since the W221 was on sale the xenons are standard option and in last year, the pre FL ones got a head light upgrade and bi-xenons became standard. The FL W221 also gets bi-xenons as standard.
W221 first came with out xenon, just had single progector helogen bulbs. It was during the early or mid of 2008 MB introduce bi-xenon bulbs. Now its standars with active lighting system which bend on turns!
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 23:56   #131
BHPian
 
Rotorhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 926
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
More pics of Mohanlal's S-class
like the way the dash is kept uncluttered, unlike a few others where the dash ends up looking like an aircraft cockpit.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 00:06   #132
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
W221 first came with out xenon, just had single progector helogen bulbs. It was during the early or mid of 2008 MB introduce bi-xenon bulbs. Now its standars with active lighting system which bend on turns!
Thanks for the info bro. I thought the initial W221's too were xenons. My Bad !

Anyways, I'm glad I was almost right in the merc department where I'm a complete beginner
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 08:04   #133
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 62
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Thanks for the info bro. I thought the initial W221's too were xenons. My Bad !

Anyways, I'm glad I was almost right in the merc department where I'm a complete beginner
I absolutely love the active bi-xenons on my car, especially when I have the high beams on.... the amount of tarmac and surroundings they light up is just fantastic
e92335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 09:44   #134
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Evan the previous model S-Class i think came with xenon on the completely built s500 model .
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 15:07   #135
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 62
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Evan the previous model S-Class i think came with xenon on the completely built s500 model .
The W221 S500/550 always had Xenons. I beleive the bi-xenons were an option at least here. Will have to check on that.
e92335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bollywood Stars and their Cars ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 2580 7th December 2016 13:16
Cricket Stars and their cars Mpower Super-Cars & Imports in India 514 1st December 2016 01:11
Latin NCAP - 4 stars for Ford Ka, 5 stars for VW Vento, Honda City, Fit / Jazz and HR-V JonSnow The Indian Car Scene 13 20th November 2015 08:20
Fav car of Politicians/Businessmen/Sports Stars/Film Stars. Macho Toyota SUV line up PCS The Indian Car Scene 32 27th November 2012 05:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks