Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2010, 14:27   #256
Senior - BHPian
 
KSM-Vtec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MH-02-India-Bombay-Bandra
Posts: 1,563
Thanked: 437 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Yes the group is going to watch the aero modelling competition on Saturday 20th. At Aamby Valley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_e46 View Post
Its Mumbai to Aamy Valley not Lavasa on Sunday

So finally is it saturday or sunday?
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 22:29   #257
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,455
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Where in Mumbai is the flag-off?
Could someone please answer this question.
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 03:08   #258
BHPian
 
artofzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: VOCI-LHR
Posts: 735
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
OT:Guess i got it all wrong Thanks Speedy for the info
It is owned by a BHPian from Mumbai who has/had amazing cars. M5,SL55 AMG,Cayenne etc.

He is a good friend of Dippy and hence Dippy - driving the car. I had the good fortune of being in the M5 when they were ripping it at the seaface long back.
artofzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 09:53   #259
Senior - BHPian
 
KSM-Vtec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MH-02-India-Bombay-Bandra
Posts: 1,563
Thanked: 437 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Could someone please answer this question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
So finally is it saturday or sunday?
Dont think anybody knows if it was ever going to happen.

Somebody also told me that it has been cancelled.
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 14:15   #260
SSP
BHPian
 
SSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 79
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Dont think anybody knows if it was ever going to happen.

Somebody also told me that it has been cancelled.
I believe the rally is on. Scheduled to assemble at Haji Ali (opp Cadbury House) at 0930hrs
SSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 15:07   #261
BHPian
 
evil_e46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 123
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

guys, i do not know of the flag off point in mumbai. As far as i know its not a formal event for the SCI members.. its just a plan made amongst a few of them to drive down to amby on sunday. A few lambos are gonna be there. A friend whos part of the SCI told me this and since im not in town i didnt bother to ask him details as to what time and where they all are meeting before heading out to amby. and yes it is related to Wings India's Annual Aeromodellers Meet event.
For whoever can make it to amby, its gonna be a sight for you guys. Lambos and RC planes with real engines all on one airfield. There are a dozen people from around the world flown in to showcase their planes and acrobats.

hey SSP..welcome to TBHP. Are you part of the SCI? did you drive the dark blue z4?

Last edited by evil_e46 : 19th February 2010 at 15:19.
evil_e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 13:25   #262
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,758
Thanked: 89,465 Times
Default

Note from Mod : Please do NOT go off-topic here. Restrict this threads posts to the Supercar Sunday only.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 13:57   #263
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSP View Post
I believe the rally is on. Scheduled to assemble at Haji Ali (opp Cadbury House) at 0930hrs
Right except it was this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_e46 View Post
guys, i do not know of the flag off point in mumbai. As far as i know its not a formal event for the SCI members.. its just a plan made amongst a few of them to drive down to amby on sunday. A few lambos are gonna be there. A friend whos part of the SCI told me this and since im not in town i didnt bother to ask him details as to what time and where they all are meeting before heading out to amby. and yes it is related to Wings India's Annual Aeromodellers Meet event.
For whoever can make it to amby, its gonna be a sight for you guys. Lambos and RC planes with real engines all on one airfield. There are a dozen people from around the world flown in to showcase their planes and acrobats.
You got it all wrong brother.

The drive was today morning with a stay over at Amby and return tommorrow by afternoon. There are 10 cars that have gone and one hell of a mover (the Skoda). I know this as i was supposed to go but had prior commitments to attend too.

Sorry GTO just wanted the right information to be given.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2010, 20:38   #264
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 311
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

Spotted a yellow Gallardo followed by a Bentley on the E-way (P -> M) today afternoon. I reckon they were returning from Aamby.
Akki_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:56   #265
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default

Beautiful pics. City getting a lot richer, and how !
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 21:36   #266
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

Someone said the 599's been sold by Sanju Baba. Don't know about that, but the thing was very much parked at his residence today afternoon. Uncovered, for a change along with the rest of the lot... R8, A8 W12, Q7 and the Busa.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 21:39   #267
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,399
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Didn't he own a red 599 and then sold it?
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:08   #268
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: wynad . kerala
Posts: 445
Thanked: 69 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Didn't he own a red 599 and then sold it?
Well he owned a red F430 which was sold to someone in Bangalore.Not sure about he selling the 599.
Baleno7811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 09:34   #269
SSP
BHPian
 
SSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 79
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_e46 View Post

hey SSP..welcome to TBHP. Are you part of the SCI? did you drive the dark blue z4?
Hey, sorry didnt read this till now. Yes that was me
SSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 22:34   #270
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Someone said the 599's been sold by Sanju Baba. Don't know about that, but the thing was very much parked at his residence today afternoon. Uncovered, for a change along with the rest of the lot... R8, A8 W12, Q7 and the Busa.
No that was just speculation as the car was seen entering G.S.'s house after the event. The car was driven to Sanju baba's residance late in the night. The car is very much still owned by Sanju baba for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Didn't he own a red 599 and then sold it?
He owned the F430 which made way for the 599 Ecks.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VCCCI Vintage & Classic Car Fiesta - 31st Jan 2016 @ Mumbai SILVERWOOD Vintage Cars & Classics in India 11 14th February 2016 20:20
Sunday Offroad Excursion near Mumbai - 31st August 2014 Tejas@perioimpl 4x4 Excursions 25 21st October 2014 16:31
Event :Delhi Super Car Show 21st Feb 2010 mlcarrera Super-Cars & Imports in India 220 16th February 2011 17:29
Pics : The Great Ford Drive. 31st Jan, 2004. v12 The Indian Car Scene 5 27th June 2005 14:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks