Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2012, 21:47   #166
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 879
Thanked: 264 Times
Default Re: Cricket Stars and their cars

Speedy, the c36 was sold to someone in Hyderabad, right?


Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The R129 sl 600 and the C36 were sold years ago. Thanks for reminding the Volvo S80 was won but i have not seen it at his residence or it being used by them.
Sivasankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2012, 22:02   #167
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,044
Thanked: 1,665 Times
Default Re: Cricket Stars and their cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
As per his contract with Bmw he had to replace the Q7, he was also asked to give off the GTR which he refused. The cars owned are 3 series, 5gt, Q7 and GTR along with one other car. As per what is said now the 7 series and soon to come X5M and M5.
Fair trade- x5m,7 and m5 for a trade of the q7! So is that fantastic blue v8 Q7 for sale?
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2012, 22:26   #168
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,845
Thanked: 1,635 Times
Default Re: Cricket Stars and their cars

Didn't Sachin own the maroon E60 M5 as well ? Now that he's getting the F10 M5, i wonder if he'll keep both.

Pic posted by Maverick5490 in the M5 thread.

Name:  stm5.jpg
Views: 27044
Size:  146.5 KB
PPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2012, 23:12   #169
BHPian
 
AdiSinghV12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BOM-CCU-DEL-PAT
Posts: 428
Thanked: 248 Times
Default Re: Cricket Stars and their cars

Saw Virat Kohli's white BMW X6 few days back in Select Citywalk, Saket, Delhi. & read somewhere that he has been gifted a Fortuner by Toyota on being their brand ambassador. He also owns a E60 5er, for which I heard he was planning an upgrade. Don't know whether it has been upgraded yet or not.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2012, 11:08   #170
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 917 Times
Default Re: Cricket Stars and their cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Speedy, the c36 was sold to someone in Hyderabad, right?
I dont remember where she went as it was sold in the 90's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Fair trade- x5m,7 and m5 for a trade of the q7! So is that fantastic blue v8 Q7 for sale?
You missed the E60 M5 and 5gt along with the Q7. The Q7 is for sale with Audi Mumbai West.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Didn't Sachin own the maroon E60 M5 as well ? Now that he's getting the F10 M5, i wonder if he'll keep both.
The E60 M5 was sold a few months ago.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2012, 14:55   #171
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,044
Thanked: 1,665 Times
Default Re: Cricket Stars and their cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Didn't Sachin own the maroon E60 M5 as well ? Now that he's getting the F10 M5, i wonder if he'll keep both.
I remember Maverick's post about this car but it wasn't spotted much after nor did Sachin ever mention it numerous press events around the new 3er launch when he was asked which BMW's he owns. He said his wife uses the old gen 3 series and his brother has BMWs too. Perhaps this car was for his brother?
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2012, 15:05   #172
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,845
Thanked: 1,635 Times
Default Re: Cricket Stars and their cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I remember Maverick's post about this car but it wasn't spotted much after nor did Sachin ever mention it numerous press events around the new 3er launch when he was asked which BMW's he owns. He said his wife uses the old gen 3 series and his brother has BMWs too. Perhaps this car was for his brother?
Yes, this maroon M5 wasn't spotted much & there are hardly any on-road pics of it, the only reason i believe could be due to his busy schedule! Sachin did mention that he owned an E60 M5 in one of this interviews (dont remember whether it was Autocar or Car n Bike show). His brother i believe also gets to use his car, his Red GT-R was spotted a few times when he was on tour.
PPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2012, 15:19   #173
Senior - BHPian
 
Anand123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 1,871
Thanked: 2,300 Times
Default Re: Cricket Stars and their cars

I think he didn't want to make the E60 M5 famous, as he wanted to enjoy some privacy which he couldn't have with the Ferrari!
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 11:34   #174
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 917 Times
Default Re: Cricket Stars and their cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I remember Maverick's post about this car but it wasn't spotted much after nor did Sachin ever mention it numerous press events around the new 3er launch when he was asked which BMW's he owns. He said his wife uses the old gen 3 series and his brother has BMWs too. Perhaps this car was for his brother?
Sachin and his brother both have the E90 prefacelift 3 series. This car was Sachins and not his brothers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Yes, this maroon M5 wasn't spotted much & there are hardly any on-road pics of it, the only reason i believe could be due to his busy schedule! Sachin did mention that he owned an E60 M5 in one of this interviews (dont remember whether it was Autocar or Car n Bike show). His brother i believe also gets to use his car, his Red GT-R was spotted a few times when he was on tour.
The reason for that is there were hardly any internet Paparazzi's hounding the roads. His brother is not a car person and does not use Sachins cars. The GTR is used by his close friend when Sachin is on tour. The GTR cannot be kept standing for months without a run.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2012, 14:59   #175
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mumbai/Jamshedp
Posts: 305
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Cricket Stars and their cars

Dhoni buys a GMC sierra after karizma.

Link: http://www.bhaskar.com/article/JHA-R...0579.html?HT1=


According to the article he also owns:hummer h2, corolla,pajero, land rover, sx4 etxc and harley, yamaha, zx 14r 23 total bikes.

personally I feel his taste in cars is horrible, big SUVs in ranchi is the preferred ride of anti social elements, he has the biggest ones
vikramvicky1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2012, 21:06   #176
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,694
Thanked: 4,637 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984
Dhoni buys a GMC sierra after karizma.

Link: http://www.bhaskar.com/article/JHA-R...0579.html?HT1=

According to the article he also owns:hummer h2, corolla,pajero, land rover, sx4 etxc and harley, yamaha, zx 14r 23 total bikes.

personally I feel his taste in cars is horrible, big SUVs in ranchi is the preferred ride of anti social elements, he has the biggest ones
Not really much taste in vehicles except for the LR.
I like him though because he is a good bloke and loves dogs. He has a couple of Weimaraners which e acquired from Mr. Xerxes Desai in Bangalore.
And the best thing, (for me) is that I met him last year and shook his hand.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2012, 14:44   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
Anand123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 1,871
Thanked: 2,300 Times
Default Re: Cricket Stars and their cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Dhoni buys a GMC sierra after karizma.

Link: http://www.bhaskar.com/article/JHA-R...0579.html?HT1=
Here's a pic from his twitter.
Attached Images
 
Anand123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2012, 19:12   #178
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,521
Thanked: 8,019 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan

Not really much taste in vehicles except for the LR.
I like him though because he is a good bloke and loves dogs. He has a couple of Weimaraners which e acquired from Mr. Xerxes Desai in Bangalore.
And the best thing, (for me) is that I met him last year and shook his hand.
The father of the dog.ives next door to me. How they came for the mating, is a story in itself
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2012, 20:30   #179
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,694
Thanked: 4,637 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat

The father of the dog.ives next door to me. How they came for the mating, is a story in itself
Those Weimaraners are lovely. I got one of them from a French friend in Madras. Unfortunately they were badly in bred and did not live long enough.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2012, 21:08   #180
BHPian
 
neerajpv87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dubai/Calicut
Posts: 115
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: Cricket Stars and their cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Dhoni buys a GMC sierra after karizma.

Link: http://www.bhaskar.com/article/JHA-R...0579.html?HT1=


According to the article he also owns:hummer h2, corolla,pajero, land rover, sx4 etxc and harley, yamaha, zx 14r 23 total bikes.

personally I feel his taste in cars is horrible, big SUVs in ranchi is the preferred ride of anti social elements, he has the biggest ones
As you said, his taste in cars is horrible. He just likes it big and bulky.
But he is quite knowledgeable as far as bikes are concerned. Biggest example is his Hellcat. That's one bike a normal joe wouldn't have even heard of. And add to that a Ninja ZX14r, a Harley Davidson and a number of other exotics. I've heard he is a big fan of RD350, and has 3 or 4 of those.
I'd love to get a list of all his 23 bikes, Would be quite a list!
neerajpv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
South Indian Movie stars and their cars khamsinmerak Super-Cars & Imports in India 956 5th January 2017 10:41
Bollywood Stars and their Cars ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 2589 1st January 2017 12:57
Latin NCAP - 4 stars for Ford Ka, 5 stars for VW Vento, Honda City, Fit / Jazz and HR-V JonSnow The Indian Car Scene 13 20th November 2015 08:20
Fav car of Politicians/Businessmen/Sports Stars/Film Stars. Macho Toyota SUV line up PCS The Indian Car Scene 32 27th November 2012 05:35
American Stars & their Cars john a milne Beyond Borders 12 25th March 2012 00:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks