Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 31st July 2010, 19:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Spotted R8 in Bandra!!

Spotted this incredibly sexy black Audi R8 near KFC in Bandra!! The car was left unattended at a no-parking space just outside KFC. After a couple of minutes the chauffeur [ ] comes to park it somewhere else. He starts the engine and what a roar it was from the V8! I was standing just behind the car and I could feel the heat coming from the exhausts.
The driver then decided to take a U-turn which stopped all the traffic. After 3 attempts, he was successful in taking a u-turn. Mumbai traffic usually does not have patience and people start honking without any reason. But here, inspite of several cars and rickshaws stuck on both sides, everyone was busy staring at the R8 and cameras were clicking. At that moment it seemed no one wanted the traffic to clear so as to have a good glimpse of the R8. The driver finally found a parking space outside Chroma and again left it unattended and went. There was no security also. People were leaning on the car and taking pics!
While I was just standing there and waiting for someone for a good 15mins, I took several snaps as you can see. I never like friends coming late and thus having to waiting for them, but this wait was totally worth it

The R8 had an auto transmission. The side panels were the optional carbon fibre ones.
Notice the number plate. So is it Mr.X who has a similar trend on all his cars?
Also check out the pic where I also caught a Q7 4.2Tdi in the same frame as the R8. There was also a 750Li and A8 W12 in the same lane.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Audi R8 V8 Coupe' [4.2 FSI Quatrro, Manual Transmission]-front.jpg  

Mumbai - Audi R8 V8 Coupe' [4.2 FSI Quatrro, Manual Transmission]-lights.jpg  

Mumbai - Audi R8 V8 Coupe' [4.2 FSI Quatrro, Manual Transmission]-side.jpg  

Mumbai - Audi R8 V8 Coupe' [4.2 FSI Quatrro, Manual Transmission]-side1.jpg  

Mumbai - Audi R8 V8 Coupe' [4.2 FSI Quatrro, Manual Transmission]-rear.jpg  

Mumbai - Audi R8 V8 Coupe' [4.2 FSI Quatrro, Manual Transmission]-rear-exhausts.jpg  

Mumbai - Audi R8 V8 Coupe' [4.2 FSI Quatrro, Manual Transmission]-wheels.jpg  

Mumbai - Audi R8 V8 Coupe' [4.2 FSI Quatrro, Manual Transmission]-turning.jpg  

Mumbai - Audi R8 V8 Coupe' [4.2 FSI Quatrro, Manual Transmission]-interior.jpg  

theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 20:42   #62
Senior - BHPian

Nice catch, seeing this car out on the streets after long. The A8 W12 and the 750li belong to the same onwner along with a few others you have captured in the past.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 22:18   #63
BHPian

Default R8 looks gorgeous

R8 looks gorgeous in rain ..R8 number plate is fabulousness what a pick for number..

Off topic: R8 V10 launched in India.
diecast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 22:23   #64
Senior - BHPian

Gorgeous car, and fantastic pictures. Btw what's with the regn plate? Is it ok to have R8 written like that?
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 22:47   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Gorgeous car, and fantastic pictures. Btw what's with the regn plate? Is it ok to have R8 written like that?
Anything is OK for the person who owns this beauty His cars like F430, S8, 911, etc. all have such type of reg plates with the model name/number in the same font.

@Speedy, what's the count on R8s in Mumbai now? And when's the SLS coming?

Last edited by theragingbull : 31st July 2010 at 22:57.
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2010, 00:13   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Anything is OK for the person who owns this beauty His cars like F430, S8, 911, etc. all have such type of reg plates with the model name/number in the same font.

@Speedy, what's the count on R8s in Mumbai now? And when's the SLS coming?
The 911's were sold ages ago as far as i know. both were 996's one normal the blue and the green was a turbo.

what i know off and please feel free to correct me. 3 blacks, 1 white, 1 grey, 1 bronze/ copper.

Last edited by speedy : 1st August 2010 at 00:15.
Old 1st August 2010, 10:02   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diecast View Post
Off topic: R8 V10 launched in India.
Who told you this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
what i know off and please feel free to correct me. 3 blacks, 1 white, 1 grey, 1 bronze/ copper.
Of the three blacks, 1 just had an accident.

2 more Red's and 1 White will be joining this count in future. In fact expect one of the red's to be here very soon.
funkydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2010, 10:21   #68
gvr
BHPian

The R8 looks gorgeous. Especially in the snaps with the Q7 and the Autorickshaw!
gvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2010, 10:29   #69
BHPian

Default Question....

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
Who told you this?

2 more Red's and 1 White will be joining this count in future. In fact expect one of the red's to be here very soon.

Thats is my question....Is it launched?
diecast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2010, 13:24   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diecast View Post
Thats is my question....Is it launched?
Unfortunately no........
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:31   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which one was it single digit or four numbers on the plate.

Quote:
I presume you work with or have something to do with Audi West.

Please do tell me that the 2 reds are not comming with the same body colour panels like the Hyderabad car. It kills the cars look completly. I know it is standard if you ask for a red car but carbon fibre panels or even black or dark grey panels would look nice. The white looks good and another one even better.
I was wondering if someone wants a V10 can it be ordered or the dealership refuses?
Is the Copper R8 for sale? The reason i asked is i saw it parked outside my cousins office at night and he deals in cars.
Old 3rd August 2010, 15:43   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Which one was it single digit or four numbers on the plate.

I presume you work with or have something to do with Audi West.

Please do tell me that the 2 reds are not comming with the same body colour panels like the Hyderabad car. It kills the cars look completly. I know it is standard if you ask for a red car but carbon fibre panels or even black or dark grey panels would look nice. The white looks good and another one even better.
I was wondering if someone wants a V10 can it be ordered or the dealership refuses?
Is the Copper R8 for sale? The reason i asked is i saw it parked outside my cousins office at night and he deals in cars.

1. The one that crashed had a single digit on the plate. (mind you, there are 2 black R8's with single digits, both having almost identical reg. no's)

2. No it isn't as same as the Hyd one. One of the Red R8's coming in will have CF Side Blades. Dunno about the other.

3. No, a V10 cannot be ordered from the dealership as it is not officially on sale for the Indian Market yet.

4. No buddy, Copper R8 is the dealership's display car and not for sale. (Btw this R8 is the only R8 4.2 FSI in the world with that colour)

Cheers

Last edited by funkydevil : 3rd August 2010 at 15:47.
Old 4th August 2010, 01:46   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. The one that crashed had a single digit on the plate. (mind you, there are 2 black R8's with single digits, both having almost identical reg. no's)

2. No it isn't as same as the Hyd one. One of the Red R8's coming in will have CF Side Blades. Dunno about the other.

3. No, a V10 cannot be ordered from the dealership as it is not officially on sale for the Indian Market yet.

4. No buddy, Copper R8 is the dealership's display car and not for sale. (Btw this R8 is the only R8 4.2 FSI in the world with that colour)

Cheers
1. I am aware of the two cars with almost identical plates and since we are not allowed to give owner names i am using the no digits. That was the one which was for sale and pictures of which are on the previous page. The car is a low milage one 1700 kms if i remember right.

2. Thank God for that, Red looks nice on the car but it screams for a contrast.

3. Just for general knowledge. If someone brings it down on his own. Would Audi service it. I know no warrenties would be applicable for the car. Some companies do refuse.

4. I saw it parked in my cousins off blding in Worli and it was in the parking spot opp his office and normaly his cars are parked there hence i asked. So i presume the Owner or someone who has access to the car stays in the same building. I am aware that this is a one off colour that was painted for the Auto Expo and is today the Demo/Display car for the dealership. I hope and presume the company would have one done if a client wishes, offcourse for a an extra charge offcourse.

Cheers

Last edited by speedy : 4th August 2010 at 01:48.
Old 4th August 2010, 14:16   #74
BHPian

Quote:
1. I am aware of the two cars with almost identical plates and since we are not allowed to give owner names i am using the no digits. That was the one which was for sale and pictures of which are on the previous page. The car is a low milage one 1700 kms if i remember right.

2. Thank God for that, Red looks nice on the car but it screams for a contrast.

3. Just for general knowledge. If someone brings it down on his own. Would Audi service it. I know no warrenties would be applicable for the car. Some companies do refuse.

4. I saw it parked in my cousins off blding in Worli and it was in the parking spot opp his office and normaly his cars are parked there hence i asked. So i presume the Owner or someone who has access to the car stays in the same building. I am aware that this is a one off colour that was painted for the Auto Expo and is today the Demo/Display car for the dealership. I hope and presume the company would have one done if a client wishes, offcourse for a an extra charge offcourse.

Cheers
1. Yup, you're right about the milage. Btw I was told its been sold to a buyer already. Dunno how far that is true tough.

2. Agree with you completely on that

3. Servicing would definitely NOT be an issue. Audi will take care of it. However I will find out about the warranty part and let you know.

4. Yup, the owner does live in Worli itself, hence I guess the proximity of the car to your cousins buildg.

Btw, I did happen to see a gorgeous looking R8 that had come in for servicing today. It was a black one with Red side blades, and I think we all know who that one belongs to.

Cheers
Old 4th August 2010, 15:01   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Yup, you're right about the milage. Btw I was told its been sold to a buyer already. Dunno how far that is true tough.

2. Agree with you completely on that

3. Servicing would definitely NOT be an issue. Audi will take care of it. However I will find out about the warranty part and let you know.

4. Yup, the owner does live in Worli itself, hence I guess the proximity of the car to your cousins buildg.

Btw, I did happen to see a gorgeous looking R8 that had come in for servicing today. It was a black one with Red side blades, and I think we all know who that one belongs to.

Cheers
1. The person (dealer) selling the car is my cousin, so now you should know what i was talking about. I shall check with him.

3. I was just asking for my general knowledge. Incase someone does get a car down then what happens. I am sure this information would help people who want to or are thinking to get a car down on their own.

4. a few step is more like it. They are both in the same building .

So finally Bhaiya is using his car. I have actually never seen it driven on the roads and allways wonder why he even bought it. Glad to hear its atleast getting around even if it means coming for a service .

Last edited by speedy : 4th August 2010 at 15:03.