Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 02:04   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 38
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Are you sure about the figures. Autocar says the Z4 does 0-100 in 6.18 seconds.
Moreover, I don't think that the 414 bhp M3 and 301 bhp Z4 are comparable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Bangalore's worse.



The difference is that close? Wow...then in the real world it almost makes no difference. I'm surprised, because the M is supposed to be distinctly ahead. I guess when the Z4 M is made, it'll be a cracker.

Please refer to technical datasheet for BMW M3 convertible (not coupe) on the bmw.in website.
BMW M3 convertible
Top speed (km/h) 250
Acceleration 0 - 100 km/h (in s) 5.3

For Z4 convertible
Top speed (km/h) 250
Acceleration 0 - 100 km/h (in s) 5,1

The M3 coupe must be few split seconds faster due to weight factor since there is no folding hard top (vs M3 convertible). And maybe for test figures BMW uses carbon fiber roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
Dear Suvm- Think you had all the fun ? But driving in this heat (Mumbai- Goa) would have been quite a handful i guess. Was the 3 series a support vehicle or something ?
Saw a Z4 last weekend in Cuffe Parade, silver Gurgaon registered car. It really did take my attention. Well dint know whether to look at the car or the driveress, topdown, cool shades and all.
Mumbai to goa - night driving, left mumbai 6 pm, crossed mcdonalds 8:30 pm and top down from thereon till goa

Goa to Mumbai - day driving but the heat was not bad. The AC helps even with the top down but windows rolled up.

3 series was for the other 2 people on the trip (and also luggage)
suvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 03:09   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 38
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSP View Post
Congrats on the Z4! Its a great ride. Do post some pictures of the interiors and a close up of the adaptive lights if you can. Thanks.

How many miles you have on it by now? Has the 1st service indicator come on?

The registration in Mumbai is at 19% incl Octroi. Highest in India, I believe.

SSP.
Exact one month today since delivery - 4000 something kms!

for the first service 7000 kms more to go. First one will be oil change, and general checkup

Will take some more pictures one of the weekends.
suvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 08:54   #33
SSP
BHPian
 
SSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 79
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
hey suvm, I guess I must have spotted you driving the Z4 around bandra east/sion on a sunday evening a couple of weekends ago! It must be you cos I cannot imagine 2 Z4's of the same colour zipping around town.

Nice Ride
There is another White/Red Z4 that I have seen is SoBo 2-3 times. I did exchange pleasantries with the person driving it on Worli seaface, since I pulled up next to him in mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvm View Post
Exact one month today since delivery - 4000 something kms!

for the first service 7000 kms more to go. First one will be oil change, and general checkup

Will take some more pictures one of the weekends.
Damn! I'm surprised about that. Since mine has been indicating that Service is due, and I havent even cross 2k yet!

Last edited by SSP : 5th May 2010 at 08:58.
SSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 10:27   #34
BHPian
 
liv2drv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delh
Posts: 490
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvm View Post
Please refer to technical datasheet for BMW M3 convertible (not coupe) on the bmw.in website.
BMW M3 convertible
Top speed (km/h) 250
Acceleration 0 - 100 km/h (in s) 5.3

For Z4 convertible
Top speed (km/h) 250
Acceleration 0 - 100 km/h (in s) 5,1

The M3 coupe must be few split seconds faster due to weight factor since there is no folding hard top (vs M3 convertible). And maybe for test figures BMW uses carbon fiber roof.



Mumbai to goa - night driving, left mumbai 6 pm, crossed mcdonalds 8:30 pm and top down from thereon till goa

Goa to Mumbai - day driving but the heat was not bad. The AC helps even with the top down but windows rolled up.

3 series was for the other 2 people on the trip (and also luggage)

Awesome Drive?
I did the same drive about a month ago. I left Goa around 7pm in my Porsche 911. was in Bombay by about 2.30. It was an awesome drive, especially throught the Ghats! i was ripping my car around the bends! got to say.. the roads were better than i thought they would have been. On the way back, we left at 10 am. Since i was with my gf on the way back i didn't drive the 911 and switched cars. Overall it was a great drive and highly suggest anyone not to hesitate to go for it! have a few pics, will post soon.
liv2drv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 13:55   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 38
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSP View Post
There is another White/Red Z4 that I have seen is SoBo 2-3 times. I did exchange pleasantries with the person driving it on Worli seaface, since I pulled up next to him in mine



Damn! I'm surprised about that. Since mine has been indicating that Service is due, and I havent even cross 2k yet!
Dont worry too much about the BMW indicators, maybe the oil needs top up or something. Is it showing the engine oil service or which one required? It should tell you from the idrive.
suvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 14:38   #36
SSP
BHPian
 
SSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 79
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvm View Post
Dont worry too much about the BMW indicators, maybe the oil needs top up or something. Is it showing the engine oil service or which one required? It should tell you from the idrive.
i'm traveling right now. Will check once I'm back. But i think it was the oil.
SSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 14:45   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 38
Thanked: Once
Default

More pictures on the way back goa to mumbai
Attached Thumbnails
Great Indian Road Trip – BMW Z4 35i Convertible from Bombay to Goa-dsc01082.jpg  

Great Indian Road Trip – BMW Z4 35i Convertible from Bombay to Goa-dsc01088.jpg  

suvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 15:30   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,079
Thanked: 649 Times
Default

If not for the absolutely smoking Z4, i would have seriously objected to the thread heading!
Nilesh5417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 23:15   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 196
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Hey, great pictures of a cool car there suvm.. I was just curious, is the Z4 as practical enough to be able to use it as an everyday car in mumbai like to office and stuff? (Dante who has a cayman s does not vouch for everyday use) Does your back pain or feel cramped in the seat if your driving for long like in a cayman?
Also which other cars did you test drive or consider before zeroing on this one?

Also guys, I think there are many more than the 2-3 z4s mentioned above.. Infact theres one for sale already! At 900kms its still a virgin and guess what the asking price is less than Ex Showroom
YSooSeriouss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 01:29   #40
BHPian
 
tushar_lalsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: B'lore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Few pics of Z4 taken last month. indubitably, one of the best straight6 exhaust note.
Attached Thumbnails
Great Indian Road Trip – BMW Z4 35i Convertible from Bombay to Goa-dsc_0429.jpg  

Great Indian Road Trip – BMW Z4 35i Convertible from Bombay to Goa-dsc_0422.jpg  

tushar_lalsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 01:34   #41
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,202
Thanked: 2,096 Times
Default

SSP- You probably require an oil top up. BMW's drink excess oil in the initial run-in period. I had that message pop up too when my car was new. But don't ignore it, best to take her for a checkup.

Suvm- the data of M3 convertible vs Z4 convertible is quite an eye opener. However, all these figures are with high octane fuel. So if you want to get your car working to those figure at it optimum level, you need to tank up with 97octane. It is lethaly exp, no doubt, but well worth the adrenaline rush every alternate tank atleast!
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 01:37   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,733
Thanked: 4,802 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSooSeriouss View Post
Hey, great pictures of a cool car there suvm.. I was just curious, is the Z4 as practical enough to be able to use it as an everyday car in mumbai like to office and stuff? (Dante who has a cayman s does not vouch for everyday use) Does your back pain or feel cramped in the seat if your driving for long like in a cayman?
Also which other cars did you test drive or consider before zeroing on this one?

Also guys, I think there are many more than the 2-3 z4s mentioned above.. Infact theres one for sale already! At 900kms its still a virgin and guess what the asking price is less than Ex Showroom
Just saying what I feel about the point. I think you cant actually compare a Cayman and Z4 by any standards, The Cayman is a very low-slung sports car which prefers to do insane numbers and go around corners with a huge smile on its face and the Z4 is a more plush and road-friendly car. It is a proper roadster, It is built for long drives and those 'wind-in-hair' moments. And, just a casual look at the interiors can reveal the MEGA differences. Z4 is more of a GT/Roadster than a 'Sportscar', atleast until it gets a '//M'akeover. (which again is doubtful to happen).

Last edited by Scorcher : 6th May 2010 at 01:38.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 01:58   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 38
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSooSeriouss View Post
Hey, great pictures of a cool car there suvm.. I was just curious, is the Z4 as practical enough to be able to use it as an everyday car in mumbai like to office and stuff? (Dante who has a cayman s does not vouch for everyday use) Does your back pain or feel cramped in the seat if your driving for long like in a cayman?
Also which other cars did you test drive or consider before zeroing on this one?

Also guys, I think there are many more than the 2-3 z4s mentioned above.. Infact theres one for sale already! At 900kms its still a virgin and guess what the asking price is less than Ex Showroom
Everyday car - Absolutely yes (for the night drive ofcource)
Everyday office car - NO - Boss using a 2 seater sports car, maybe good only if you are liked to bollywood, which i am not.

Car is very comfortable even on long drives. Feels very spacious inside. Shoulder room, leg room are comparable with the 3 series.

What my BMW dealer told me, that BMW has sold only about 7-8 of Z4's in india until now. Not sure how far that is true.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
SSP- You probably require an oil top up. BMW's drink excess oil in the initial run-in period. I had that message pop up too when my car was new. But don't ignore it, best to take her for a checkup.

Suvm- the data of M3 convertible vs Z4 convertible is quite an eye opener. However, all these figures are with high octane fuel. So if you want to get your car working to those figure at it optimum level, you need to tank up with 97octane. It is lethaly exp, no doubt, but well worth the adrenaline rush every alternate tank atleast!
I will definately try the 97octane fuel on one of the trips out of town. With the amount of digging etc on mumbai roads, probably not worth wasting the octanes in the city. Amazingly the car is too fast anyways for mumbai roads on regular fuel.
For the expressway definately 97 is the way to go.
suvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 22:34   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
AyAn!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Durgapur/Calcutta/Pune
Posts: 2,167
Thanked: 850 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_lalsan View Post
Few pics of Z4 taken last month. indubitably, one of the best straight6 exhaust note.
Sorry, but the 911 takes that crown.Period.
AyAn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 23:16   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
shamik.bose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

@Ayan: He said one of the best! And the 911 has a flat 6 engine. Not a straight 6. Just being pedantic.
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How awesome can a road trip be? The Great Ocean Road Trip : Melbourne! champ27 Travelogues 31 17th July 2014 14:56
Our great indian roads with great indian truck drivers... low_bass_makker Shifting gears 3 11th July 2006 01:15
great forum, great people and great cars... tadukuttan Introduce yourself 8 19th June 2006 10:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks