Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2010, 21:04   #91
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 899
Thanked: 266 Times
Default

friends, any video of the speedo from the speed run?
Sivasankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 21:45   #92
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,602 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
@jagxf Awesome ride and write up man!.Only the wheels take some of its charm away! Bring on the XF/XK-R or the Selena 20"s!



No,the XK/XF-R come with different,but equally beautiful six spoke wheels 20 inchers.

OT- I see you're urging everybody to jump the Buckethead bandwagon!
Oops! I really need to know my Jags a lot more than this!

OT: Oh yeah! I'm spreading the word!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 23:02   #93
Senior - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,733
Thanked: 4,801 Times
Default

Agreed, those wheels does look awesome.

Check the Cal Chrome site for some details on OE rims they offer Chrome plated. I believe there is no other car that carries off chrome more gorgeously than the XF.

California Chrome Wheel - OEM Chrome wheels and rims for the Jaguar XF and XFR luxury sedan.

Do, check some Project Kahn's too. Nothing beats the visual drama Kahn's give. GC might be an issue though.

And, if you really wish to go MAFIA !
Attached Thumbnails
My European Stable!-jagxfvvs083bm.jpg  


Last edited by Scorcher : 24th May 2010 at 23:12.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 08:25   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Wow those rims looks nice and totally put the gangster idea forward but the profile is a definite no no for the Indian Road conditions.
And the way this Jag is enjoying , hell no !
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 08:59   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
shamik.bose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Those wheels are fit only for a Hummer. They fill up the wheel well way too much! I think some RS4 style wheels would really go nicely with the XF
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 09:45   #96
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,602 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Agreed, those wheels does look awesome.

Check the Cal Chrome site for some details on OE rims they offer Chrome plated. I believe there is no other car that carries off chrome more gorgeously than the XF.

California Chrome Wheel - OEM Chrome wheels and rims for the Jaguar XF and XFR luxury sedan.

Do, check some Project Kahn's too. Nothing beats the visual drama Kahn's give. GC might be an issue though.

And, if you really wish to go MAFIA !
Kahns do look great but these particular ones look rather over-sized IMO. But Scorchy, how would GC be an issue? It's the wheel that's more prone to damage because of the 'rubber-band' tyres!

I'd stick with the XF-R's wheels or the Selenas!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 11:23   #97
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 375
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

@scorchy: those rims are HUGE! i will have a broken rim or a broken back if i put them on my car!
@suhaas: i am not getting any rim as of now maybe later this year, i dont want to put 20's on, 19's yes! was thinking of the bbs lm-r diamond black edition!
jagxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 11:51   #98
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 633
Thanked: 624 Times
Default

While I was excited to watch the second video, I also felt that it is not wise to do such high speeds in those roads. It could turn fatal for both the occupants of the car and to the pedestrians. There is always a surprise awaiting in any Indian roads. Just want to put a word of caution as I see a lot of luxury car crashes in India.
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 12:56   #99
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,602 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagxf View Post
@suhaas: i am not getting any rim as of now maybe later this year, i dont want to put 20's on, 19's yes! was thinking of the bbs lm-r diamond black edition!
Now that's what I'm talking about! BBS LM-Rs!

Do consider HRE P40s as well!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 13:27   #100
BHPian
 
bivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MAA/DXB/CDG
Posts: 932
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagxf View Post
@scorchy: those rims are HUGE! i will have a broken rim or a broken back if i put them on my car!
@suhaas: i am not getting any rim as of now maybe later this year, i dont want to put 20's on, 19's yes! was thinking of the bbs lm-r diamond black edition!
does jaguar accept this, or will the warranty be void?
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 06:29   #101
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

I'm not too sure about the BBS rims but changing them to Selena's wont affect warranty as they are a option on the Jaguars.
LM-R's look great worth a try.

And Varun this is your 100th post on this thread!
And here is something special :
Attached Images
 

Last edited by arjunrudra : 27th May 2010 at 06:34.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 18:06   #102
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 375
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

here's a video of the xf revving!


jagxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 18:53   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
Unknownsatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 1,445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
I'm not too sure about the BBS rims but changing them to Selena's wont affect warranty as they are a option on the Jaguars.
LM-R's look great worth a try.

And Varun this is your 100th post on this thread!
And here is something special :
Thats a good one Arjun. And Varun drives as if cops are behind him
Unknownsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 14:38   #104
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 196
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

very silent exhaust. please get something for that instead of the wheels! (thats if your open to such mods)
YSooSeriouss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 10:31   #105
Senior - BHPian
 
Unknownsatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 1,445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSooSeriouss View Post
very silent exhaust. please get something for that instead of the wheels! (thats if your open to such mods)
Yes its not loud,but its not silent too. The growl is lovely and classy. Ya gotta hear it in person to believe it.
Unknownsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How stable are hatchbacks compared to saloon cars.. ?? karthik247 Technical Stuff 29 23rd February 2007 03:22
Another Baleno added to team-bhp stable speedemon Long-Term Ownership Reviews 12 12th July 2006 18:07
Another baleno added to the TBHP stable .. mclaren1885 Shifting gears 34 21st March 2006 20:32
Vivek's stable is up 250HP!!!! Vivek The International Automotive Scene 4 20th November 2005 22:35
Rare beasts of the prancing horse stable ajmat The International Automotive Scene 0 22nd May 2004 11:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:41.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks