Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 9th January 2012, 15:57   #16
BHPian

Default Re: A W201 Mercedes Benz 190 RHD of 1990 four speed manual

Try Citimotors 66232900 or 66232901 or Anil 9820648084 (he used to work with Citimotors and is a bit more receptive!) You may give both my reference.
By the way I sold my car since I got a very good offer and was running short of parking space. All the best, and let me know if you need any other information.

Adil
adilkhan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 19:58   #17
BHPian

Talking Re: A W201 Mercedes Benz 190 RHD of 1990 four speed manual

Extremely glad to see the 190E! I myself have a Navy Blue 1.8l petrol 190E, family owned since 1992. Looking at the pictures I proudly state that ours is infinitely better maintained; both on the exterior and the interior. Two things missing from mine are air-conditioning and the hood+boot tri-star emblems which have been stolen

Regarding parts and service, it's a big pain to deal with these matters living in a relatively un-modern town like Agra. Touchwood nothing major has ever gone wrong with ours. Once or twice have had parts brought in from UK and fitted them after following the step by step instructions from the HAYNES manual for the 190E (www.haynes.com)
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 21:04   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Extremely glad to see the 190E! I myself have a Navy Blue 1.8l petrol 190E, family owned since 1992. Looking at the pictures I proudly state that ours is infinitely better maintained; both on the exterior and the interior. Two things missing from mine are air-conditioning and the hood+boot tri-star emblems which have been stolen

Regarding parts and service, it's a big pain to deal with these matters living in a relatively un-modern town like Agra. Touchwood nothing major has ever gone wrong with ours. Once or twice have had parts brought in from UK and fitted them after following the step by step instructions from the HAYNES manual for the 190E (www.haynes.com)
Thanks for the information. Your 190E is an one owner car throughout and that makes a difference. And you're a teambhpian- so things can only get better. Believe you can get the tristar logos to make it look more gorgeous. The AC is an individual's choice !

This car was in fact a very good offering by Mercedes Benz. They don't make it like that anymore.

The one I had posted about here on this thread, is now in fact in a very sorry state and is not being cared for. I had mooted upon the idea of buying it then, but it did not make sense as the spares problems would have cropped up, it being a multi-owner car.

Lets only hope that this car too sees better days.
anjan_c2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 21:50   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
I had mooted upon the idea of buying it then, but it did not make sense as the spares problems would have cropped up, it being a multi-owner car
I say go for it Anjan. There are many experts in Mercs and Classic cars in general that can help you with parts and resto.

You can enjoy the car for 10 years and sell it for a profit because it would likely be a classic by then.

Although the W124 is easier to maintain, this one is rarer and hence more exclusive

Anyway you have another cars for everyday use, so waiting for a part will not bother you so much.

I for one love this shape, superbly proportioned and handsome !!

Last edited by Mpower : 8th October 2013 at 22:17.
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 21:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post

Thanks for the information. Your 190E is an one owner car throughout and that makes a difference. And you're a teambhpian- so things can only get better. Believe you can get the tristar logos to make it look more gorgeous. The AC is an individual's choice !

This car was in fact a very good offering by Mercedes Benz. They don't make it like that anymore.

The one I had posted about here on this thread, is now in fact in a very sorry state and is not being cared for. I had mooted upon the idea of buying it then, but it did not make sense as the spares problems would have cropped up, it being a multi-owner car.

Lets only hope that this car too sees better days.
I should direct your appreciation of my car towards my father to be honest! He is the one who took care of it (I was just 3 yrs of age when it was bought!) and now that I've grown up, I can handle the tender loving care. Thanks!
lemedico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 22:17   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Something to whet you appetite
Attached Thumbnails
A W201 Mercedes Benz 190 RHD of 1990 four speed manual-merc-190e.jpg  

A W201 Mercedes Benz 190 RHD of 1990 four speed manual-wald_mercedes_benz_190.jpg  

Last edited by Mpower : 8th October 2013 at 22:18.
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote