Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 1st July 2010, 12:02   #31
BHPian

Loved your sense-of-humour in the post, Prateek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Congrats Varaman! Nice car, I own one of these examples also. Very trouble free as long as you use her every week, otherwise the electronics throw tantrums. A pleasure to drive on the expressway, actually wants you to push her. Did a Worli-Khandala[90kms] in 1.05 hours at 7am in the morning one day.
I have 18" amgs too with Yoko'sand no problems with the ride.
Check if the fuel tank has been replaced, else you will need to replace them very soon. These early models had a problem of the baffles coming loose in the tank, and MB does not acknowledge them as a manufacturing defect, so the owner pays, I paid for mine, and after a lot of fight got them to chip in 25% of the tank cost. I had to pay for the labour fully!! Do check and replace the oils, you will find a change in feel.
Hey, thanks for the tips. Changed the oils, gear-box mount too. Where did you get the Yokos? Are they Advan Sports? Am unable to get these locally from the dealers. Give me some advice since I need to change the tyres (especially the rear ones, though I may decide to change all four if I cannot get the same tread for the rear)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Sweet. I loved the rims on it.
Thanks, Iceman.

Shamik, Scorcher - looks like the "like the rims" have overwhelmed the "not sure if I like the rims"

If there are any super-bike lovers among you, especially adventure-tourer lovers, do see my thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-xl1000va.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st July 2010 at 15:10. Reason: Multiquote once again.
Varaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 12:19   #32
Team-BHP Support

sweet car youve got there. the rims are nice, though if i had a choice i wouldnt have chosen something so retro(?).

i got 17" advan sports for my accord from
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ad-mumbai.html (Tyre & Alloys Shop - Pal Tyres (Lamington Road, Mumbai))
and they were readily available. why not try asking these dealers.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 12:31   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Varaman. THis is one of my favs. You bought one of the most elegant and dignified roadsters there IMO. It can be a poseur ride with the drama roof, and yet it's very classy and not loud / extrovert like the Italians. Of course, the R129 is my ultimate fav, but this would do, too

The second pic posted by prateek99 was clicked by me and posted in another thread (either SL spotting / bollywood stars and their cars) which is why I'm quite certain this belonged to the aforementioned actor, as he was driving it when I clicked that pic. Anyway, all that matters is that it's with you now, as rightly stated by you !!

And yes, I love the rims. They're very different, and first seen on the Vision SLR Concept if I'm not mistaken.

Name:  merc_slr.jpg
Views: 3269
Size:  22.2 KB
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 13:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varaman View Post
If there are any super-bike lovers among you, especially adventure-tourer lovers, do see my thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-xl1000va.html
I would say your bike is more unique than your Car
Sweet rides
Congrats.
And my opinion regarding the wheels
they are unique,and i am sure,they would look cool,when car is on the move.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 13:41   #35
BHPian

Congrats Varaman !!
Great Car.
Drive her a lot and enjoy her in good health
ir458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 13:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Congrats Varaman. THis is one of my favs. You bought one of the most elegant and dignified roadsters there IMO. It can be a poseur ride with the drama roof, and yet it's very classy and not loud / extrovert like the Italians. Of course, the R129 is my ultimate fav, but this would do, too

The second pic posted by prateek99 was clicked by me and posted in another thread (either SL spotting / bollywood stars and their cars) which is why I'm quite certain this belonged to the aforementioned actor, as he was driving it when I clicked that pic. Anyway, all that matters is that it's with you now, as rightly stated by you !!

And yes, I love the rims. They're very different, and first seen on the Vision SLR Concept if I'm not mistaken.

Attachment 378455
Flyingspur - here is a detail that no one has yet noticed about these rims... the whorls face forward on one side of the car and backward on the other side... for example, in the picture you have uploaded here, the whorls face backward. They face forward when seen on the other side of the car... thus, they are unique, alright
Old 1st July 2010, 15:16   #37
Team-BHP Support

Nice car man!

She looks like she could use a good polish though.

Do check out the Team-BHP Directory for a few excellent recommendations in Mumbai.

Quote:
....a detail that no one has yet noticed about these rims... the whorls face forward on one side of the car and backward on the other side...
Pehaps not mentioned, but don't underestimate Team-BHPians -- when it comes to cars they notice everything!

Heres a thread discussing a similar style of alloys on an E-Class and CLS, it also goes into the details of which way the whorls should be facing!

SLR Style Alloys on an E-Class (SLR style alloys for E-class)

cheers,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st July 2010 at 15:20.
Rehaan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 15:34   #38
BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Nice car man!

She looks like she could use a good polish though.

Do check out the Team-BHP Directory for a few excellent recommendations in Mumbai.

Pehaps not mentioned, but don't underestimate Team-BHPians -- when it comes to cars they notice everything!

Heres a thread discussing a similar style of alloys on an E-Class and CLS, it also goes into the details of which way the whorls should be facing!

SLR Style Alloys on an E-Class (SLR style alloys for E-class)

cheers,
R
Am impressed. But, Confucius say "everyone notice after it is shown once"
Old 2nd July 2010, 14:35   #39
BHPian

Varaman, love your car and your bike. The car looks sexy cool - rims and all. Especially love the colour and the rich interior. Have fun with the babe and take good care of it.
SafeDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 15:57   #40
BHPian

Varaman - very nice buy, like rehaan said a good detailing job would do her good.

As far as the wheels go, not a big fan but then its your car so what you like is whats important.

Do you live in town? I think I have seen this car in town before (malabar hill/walkeshwar)
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 19:35   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive View Post
Varaman, love your car and your bike. The car looks sexy cool - rims and all. Especially love the colour and the rich interior. Have fun with the babe and take good care of it.
Thanks, mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
Varaman - very nice buy, like rehaan said a good detailing job would do her good.

As far as the wheels go, not a big fan but then its your car so what you like is whats important.

Do you live in town? I think I have seen this car in town before (malabar hill/walkeshwar)
The snaps were taken on a gloomy overcast day. The car has been detailed subsequently and looks great now. I live next to the Golf course in Chembur.
Old 2nd July 2010, 20:23   #42
BHPian

congrats
happy driving
the alloys are cool
san2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 22:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Varaman you have a cool car and for a difference i LOVE that ALLOYS.

Who owned it doesnt matter now,All that matter is how you maintain it and am sure that you are gonna rock !

All the BEST
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 22:57   #44
BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by san2 View Post
congrats
happy driving
the alloys are cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Varaman you have a cool car and for a difference i LOVE that ALLOYS.

Who owned it doesnt matter now,All that matter is how you maintain it and am sure that you are gonna rock !

All the BEST
Thanks, guys! I have just placed an online order for a brand new set of rims (same design) and tyres from Mercedes alloys | Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd ... want to have a spare set in case one or more rims get damaged on our delectably pot-holed roads
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:23   #45
BHPian

Default Congrattss

Quote:
Acquired her two weeks back. 5000cc engine; 302 BHP; Hard-top convertible; Red nappa leather interiors; Rear wheels 285/35 R18; Front 255/40 R18. Max speed done on Mumbai-Pune Expressway: 210kph, before needing to take the foot off the gas due to traffic ahead. Sweet car.

Great car varaman

Color combination is top class & well maintained.
diecast is offline   Reply With Quote