Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2010, 10:33   #46
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,448
Thanked: 6,429 Times
Default

Congrats! thats a beauty ! its immaculately maintained too! Definitely mouth watering!
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 13:35   #47
BHPian
 
samyakmodi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Indore
Posts: 792
Thanked: 261 Times
Default

nice ride

i don't know about others, but i absolutely loved the rim design. must look killer while on the move.
and i m not sure whether i wrote to you about your bike or not. but definitely a nice tourer. must be amazingly comfortable going on long tours on it.

ride/drive safe.

cheers mate!!

Last edited by samyakmodi : 3rd July 2010 at 13:38.
samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 18:16   #48
BHPian
 
Varaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 87
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
nice ride

i don't know about others, but i absolutely loved the rim design. must look killer while on the move.
and i m not sure whether i wrote to you about your bike or not. but definitely a nice tourer. must be amazingly comfortable going on long tours on it.

ride/drive safe.

cheers mate!!
Yes, the Varadero is arguably the best-suited tourer bike for our country - tough as nails, reliable, powerful and immensely comfortable... to illustrate, I rode it to Mahabaleshwar and back for 11 hours; and did not even have a sore butt or aching back (and I am 53 years old
Varaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 13:11   #49
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kochi, Bangalore
Posts: 14
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

she's absolutely gorgeous to say the least. Congrats..!!
mivec_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 13:50   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,833
Thanked: 941 Times
Default

This is the most immaculate SL i have seen.Are the alloys stock?
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 14:47   #51
BHPian
 
Varaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 87
Thanked: 25 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
This is the most immaculate SL i have seen.Are the alloys stock?
The alloys are part of the original sports package available on the SL500... rear tyres are 285/35-18 and front 255/40-18. I liked these so much that I have just ordered a brand new set of the very same rims from alloywheelsdirect.com in UK
Varaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 16:37   #52
BHPian
 
rosh_aveo1.4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cochin, Kerala
Posts: 531
Thanked: 286 Times
Default

Gorgeous Gorgeous car. Didn't like the wheels though. But hey, you do have a point of it being unique.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 17:56   #53
BHPian
 
Varaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 87
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Gorgeous Gorgeous car. Didn't like the wheels though. But hey, you do have a point of it being unique.
A score of 1 out of 2 ain't bad...
Varaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 19:32   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varaman View Post
Yes, the Varadero is arguably the best-suited tourer bike for our country - tough as nails, reliable, powerful and immensely comfortable... to illustrate, I rode it to Mahabaleshwar and back for 11 hours; and did not even have a sore butt or aching back (and I am 53 years old
BTW what bike is that ? specs please
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 19:41   #55
BHPian
 
Varaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 87
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
BTW what bike is that ? specs please
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-xl1000va.html
Varaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 19:43   #56
BHPian
 
GordonGekko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: gurgaon
Posts: 258
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

great car man.

i really love the red leather interior, not to mention the smile it puts on your face when you step on it.

ps. despite what people say, i dont like the rims. amg style would look perfect...
GordonGekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 19:46   #57
BHPian
 
Varaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 87
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
BTW what bike is that ? specs please
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varaman View Post
Specs: Honda XL 1000 V Varadero 2008: technical specifications
Varaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 23:20   #58
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 62
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

After reading all the posts about the wheel design, I need to point out that at least in the US, these were stock on the SL600s AFAIK. In person they look quite good, although do not picture very well, and specially where I live, the # of SLs you see on the road, they definitely stand out on the 600s. Although I LOVED the design of the 2 piece wheels on the SL65 that I used to see very close to where I live at.
e92335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 08:30   #59
BHPian
 
Varaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 87
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335 View Post
After reading all the posts about the wheel design, I need to point out that at least in the US, these were stock on the SL600s AFAIK. In person they look quite good, although do not picture very well, and specially where I live, the # of SLs you see on the road, they definitely stand out on the 600s. Although I LOVED the design of the 2 piece wheels on the SL65 that I used to see very close to where I live at.
Hey, this is good stuff to know... thanks! I love these rims because they are stunningly beautiful to see; and I don't think they photograph as well as they look in reality. Besides, the design is so "hatke" as compared to the run-of-the-mill multispoke designs one sees these days.
Varaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 15:40   #60
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 62
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Great car! Really lovely!

However, I am distracted by the little insect in your pic. I have removed it several times from my screen, but it doesn't go
raghavv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics : Silver Mercedes SL500 with optional Sports Package (///AMG). v12 Super-Cars & Imports in India 72 24th January 2011 13:27
Pics: Mercedes Benz SL500 in pune! (w/ SLK nose) Edmund Super-Cars & Imports in India 27 17th June 2009 15:25
MERCEDES SL500 with pictures....what do u say?? sexy beast !! karizma_devil The Indian Car Scene 17 12th May 2007 02:21
Silver SL500's in Mumbai v12 Super-Cars & Imports in India 62 30th June 2005 18:14
Pics : Red Mercedes SL500 v12 Super-Cars & Imports in India 34 24th April 2004 00:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks