Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 8th February 2011, 18:20   #91
BHPian

Default Re: My Mercedes SL500

Well, What can replace this?

Replacement could be a gallardo or maybe a good sports car?

Thanks
muditgrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 19:27   #92
BHPian

Not quite decided, to be honest... but there are delectable options like the SLS AMG... or, moving to the SUV genre, the Mercedes Benz GL which is quite magnificent...
Varaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 20:25   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varaman View Post
Not quite decided, to be honest... but there are delectable options like the SLS AMG... or, moving to the SUV genre, the Mercedes Benz GL which is quite magnificent...
A mercedes benz sls amg would be awesome!

How about going to japanese class? like GTR? True sports car?

There are various options: 911, panamera, Bentley Continental GT, M3, M6 and how Lamborghini Murcielago sounds??

P.S. Why a benz again?!

Thanks
Old 9th February 2011, 20:50   #94
Senior - BHPian

That was a good car Varaman. A very fine example. But as they say good things make way for better things in life. Looking forward to your next purchase as i am sure it will be a good machine. Neither an outrageous monster nor a dud. It will be a sophisticated piece of engineering.

Your cars and bikes have made me realize that i really don't need to hurry up all my purchases and there are some things in life that need to come at a particular time and age.

Cheers

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th February 2011 at 13:13. Reason: Post edited. Please include spaces after full-stops and other punctuation. Thanks!
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 21:38   #95
BHPian

Navpreet, you got it right, mate. Besides, "It's never too late to have a happy childhood ~ Tom Robbins"

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditgrover View Post
Well, What can replace this?

Replacement could be a gallardo or maybe a good sports car?

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by muditgrover View Post
A mercedes benz sls amg would be awesome!

How about going to japanese class? like GTR? True sports car?

There are various options: 911, panamera, Bentley Continental GT, M3, M6 and how Lamborghini Murcielago sounds??

P.S. Why a benz again?!

Thanks
I am actually considering buying a 1997 3.0 inline 6 with sequential twin turbo Lexus GS300 with a Blitz booster kit... nice toy, dyno-tested 350 bhp at the rear wheel. I know you will probably scoff at this choice, but this is not a replacement for the SL500.

Last edited by Dippy : 9th February 2011 at 22:40. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 9th February 2011, 22:17   #96
BHPian

Quote:
I am actually considering buying a 1997 3.0 inline 6 with sequential twin turbo Lexus GS300 with a Blitz booster kit... nice toy, dyno-tested 350 bhp at the rear wheel. I know you will probably scoff at this choice, but this is not a replacement for the SL500.
Yeah! That is a good car. But it is 14 year old car. Would already have been ripped off? I know you are an expert and take the decision after thinking well..

Well, Post the pics of the 350bhp beast!

Thanks and Regards
Old 17th February 2011, 10:11   #97
BHPian

[quote=Varaman;2239219]Besides, "It's never too late to have a happy childhood ~ Tom Robbins"

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older" -Abraham Sutzkever

Varaman, your "toys" speak a lot about the "child" in you.Age is just a figure.The SL500, I am sure, will be replaced by something as exotic.The GL, although a brilliant peice of machinery, cant certainly be a "replacement" for the SL500, if you ask the child inside you

As for the GS300 you're considering, you might as well look around for the twin-turbo 6-speed supra methinks..Couldnt resist deriving the vicarious pleasure of suggesting cars thatd make up my dream garage

Last edited by octane1002 : 17th February 2011 at 10:20.
octane1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 10:18   #98
BHPian

Hi Octane1002. Thanks for the compliments, mate! The GL is not a replacement for the SL500, for sure. Rather than replicate usage experience with similar cars, it is good to experiment with different genres, don't you agree? The GS300 I am looking at is specced exactly as the Supra - and at half the price. It looks like a sedate sedan ... and then surprises the crap out of the guy next to you in a fast car when he tries to show who owns the road
Old 17th February 2011, 10:33   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Octane1002. Thanks for the compliments, mate! The GL is not a replacement for the SL500, for sure. Rather than replicate usage experience with similar cars, it is good to experiment with different genres, don't you agree? The GS300 I am looking at is specced exactly as the Supra - and at half the price. It looks like a sedate sedan ... and then surprises the crap out of the guy next to you in a fast car when he tries to show who owns the road
My pleasure.I see your point.In that case, any specific reason why you're inclined towards the GL?You could also look at the Q7 4.2TDi.With a set of gangsta wheels and that monstrous torque you'd have most of the sports sedans running for cover.WICKED

Know the lexus has the same engine, but does it have a manual option?Asking because the auto tranny can't give you half the fun a manual 6 speed can, literally.Also be careful about the history, as chances of a GS being as well-maintained as a Supra are very slim.Not to say that every Supra you come acrross would be well-maintained but still.If you can lay your hands on 1 with a manual transmission, nothing like a Jap sleeper beating the hell out ze specced up germans

Last edited by octane1002 : 17th February 2011 at 10:47.
octane1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 11:37   #100

Quote:
... and there she goes.... ... have just sold her to a gentleman in Coimbatore. Loved her, but time for something different...
Wow!!
Very pleased to hear this gorgeous merc is coming to my city.
Hope to see her soon in our roads.
avinashimpex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 12:19   #101
BHPian

Quote:
The GS300 I am looking at is specced exactly as the Supra - and at half the price. It looks like a sedate sedan ...
Just wondering if this is the GS300 for sale in Coimbatore, also listed on t-bhp classifieds a while back?
Pl choose to not answer if that's too intrusive.
prabhpreet is offline   Reply With Quote