Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 27th April 2011, 10:50   #91
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: ASTON MARTIN: Officially launched in India on 15th April, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
No sir, i have not. You have repeated yourself from the above post of yours. "The veyron can do and Aston can't." The point giving India as reference is we are not talking off London or America or any other Country. We live in India and the discussion is about here. So my point still stands. Where do you hit a 300 plus for long distances. At 250 you would break.
I would say, it doesn't really matter where or when they can hit top-speeds. It's just that they can. I'm sure half the Veyron owners haven't bothered trying 400 km/h. Heck, Jenson Button had a Veyron for quite some time and he didn't go beyond 150 km/h! He bought the car because it can do 400 km/h. He doesn't have to prove it, does he? So when he goes to the pub with his mates, he can say he has the fastest car in the World. And that's what i meant the whole time!

Quote:
Trust me there are many who want the limited edition cars and collector peices. The one 77 is not for the masses, its strictly for the classes. The owner of the one 77 would allready be owning the likes of the veyron and the agera's in his garage. The one 77 with it 7.3 ltr V12 does not dissapoint in being an allrounder. She can put alot of cars to shame. If you go to count numbers it is eveident even Cycles would be sold in larger Numbers. A standard production car against a limited number...come on Suhaas.
Speedy Speedy Speedy!

When I was talking about 'sheer-numbers', I wasn't talking of the number of cars in production or how many can be sold. Sheer-numbers, in this context, refers to the 400km/h, 1000 horsepower, 4-turbochargers, 4-wheel-drive, 16 Cylinders that the Veyron boasts of; as opposed to the (comparatively) pedestrian numbers the Aston boasts of, such as 350 km/h, 750 horses, 12 Cylinders, etc. the Veyron trumps the One-77 in terms of sheer numbers! And that could be one of the reasons why one would prefer to buy a Veyron.

I'm sure you know, such people who have the money to buy such supercars would not settle for anything lesser. They will want the best, and that's why the Veyron might be a favourite amongst millionaires, if they had to choose, that is.

Quote:
See your point is right as a newbie in the world of supercars. I would have had a similar thought process too. The point here is the likes of the Veyron, Agera and the one 77 are for the people who allready have the Porsches, Ferrari, Lamborghini and the Zonda's in the garages along with a few classics too.
I agree, wholeheartedly.

Quote:
The looks part is very personal. I like the Veyron in looks and the fit and finish, the one 77 only for it exclusive value. I prefer the looks of the vantage and dbs to the one 77.
Looks are subjective. If all of us like one sort of car, the world of cars would be a boring one indeed!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th April 2011 at 10:56.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 12:14   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I would say, it doesn't really matter where or when they can hit top-speeds. It's just that they can. I'm sure half the Veyron owners haven't bothered trying 400 km/h. Heck, Jenson Button had a Veyron for quite some time and he didn't go beyond 150 km/h! He bought the car because it can do 400 km/h. He doesn't have to prove it, does he? So when he goes to the pub with his mates, he can say he has the fastest car in the World. And that's what i meant the whole time!
How many SL owners hit or know the top speed of their cars in India. The Veyron i believe was the fastest car in the world. In India it is the price of the car that matters and not the engine size..

Quote:
When I was talking about 'sheer-numbers', I wasn't talking of the number of cars in production or how many can be sold. Sheer-numbers, in this context, refers to the 400km/h, 1000 horsepower, 4-turbochargers, 4-wheel-drive, 16 Cylinders that the Veyron boasts of; as opposed to the (comparatively) pedestrian numbers the Aston boasts of, such as 350 km/h, 750 horses, 12 Cylinders, etc. the Veyron trumps the One-77 in terms of sheer numbers! And that could be one of the reasons why one would prefer to buy a Veyron.
You know if you asked some onf the supercar owners what lies below the hood, the only answer you would get it probably a V6,V8,V12 and nothing beyond this. The 1000bhp, 4-turbochargers etc would be latin and greek to them. The point here being in India with many owners it is who has the expensive and bigger toy. I did ask a Lamborghini owner as to what is in the hood and i recieved a shocking answer of engine. I asked about specs and he had no clue..he opened it for me to figure out. A M3 owner calls his car a limited edition company 400 bhp company car that has the metal roof close like a convertible. Welcome to Some owners of India.

Quote:
I'm sure you know, such people who have the money to buy such supercars would not settle for anything lesser. They will want the best, and that's why the Veyron might be a favourite amongst millionaires, if they had to choose, that is.
See India it is a different ball game, which not everyone understands. It is not always for the love of the car that a supercar is bought. XYZ is seen driving a Bentley and you say that guy has taste as he has a Lambo, Ferrari and R8 in his garage, but it is not nessisory that he knows his cars or is concerned with it. He is looking at it that i have a 10 cr garage. I did mention in my previous post, a person who owns these hyper and supercars would probably get a one 77 in his garage. I know of one person abroad, who fancies only limited edition pieces, may it be watches, cars, yatchs etc.

Quote:
Looks are subjective. If all of us like one sort of car, the world of cars would be a boring one indeed!
Completly agree..I like both the cars but given the choice and from an investment point of view the one 77 rings the bell.

Now i think we are going off topic, so before we are told, lets keep the discussion to the topic.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 12:32   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How many SL owners hit or know the top speed of their cars in India. The Veyron i believe was the fastest car in the world. In India it is the price of the car that matters and not the engine size.....

...Now i think we are going off topic, so before we are told, lets keep the discussion to the topic.
Oh I see what you mean now Speedy. It's a lot more clear to me now! I was looking at it from an enthusiasts point-of-view.

You're absolutely right. Didn't look at it in that way. In the Indian context, it's a completely different ball-game. Moolah talks over everything else. That's correct, very few supercar owners actually know what their cars are all about. I know a few. let's get back to the topic.

Do you think Aston will look to widen their dealer-network in India, in the near future? We've seen Porsche do a fantastic job in that respect. But of course, they have cars in the pipeline that can be used on a regular basis on our roads (the Cayenne, for example) so it makes sense for them to widen their dealership-base.

I'd like to see more showrooms, especially one in Bangalore.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th April 2011 at 12:33.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 12:53   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you think Aston will look to widen their dealer-network in India, in the near future? We've seen Porsche do a fantastic job in that respect. But of course, they have cars in the pipeline that can be used on a regular basis on our roads (the Cayenne, for example) so it makes sense for them to widen their dealership-base.

I'd like to see more showrooms, especially one in Bangalore.

Aston Martin i believe would open 6 or 7 showrroms accross India. The kind of welcome it has got till now and the immidiate acceptance is a strong factor for them to expand. The range and the pricing is fabulous, right from 1.3 cr to 4.5 cr appx ex showroom. They also give you the option to either take a pre configured car or configure it yourself. The price does not vary too much only the time frame of delivery does. A person who is like me, can order a pre configured car by the company in my colour choice and have it here in 4 weeks.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 13:02   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Surely the ONE-77 isn't worth the price tag. But look at it this way. The car's value will never depreciate and even a used ONE-77 should cost more since only 77 cars were ever made. This could very well be like the "$20 million 250 GTO" after a couple of decades.
I beg to disagree over here. 250 GTO and the likes were produced for homologation into the racing series ,so they are basically race cars dressed to follow civilian car norms. And that is why they have appreciated in value. I doubt One-77 will be as valuable ,20 years down the line,as a 250 GTO, 288 GTO ,166 or heck even a Enzo. Just my 2 cents...

Last edited by vagu : 27th April 2011 at 13:11.
vagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 02:56   #96
BHPian

Default Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronello View Post
As far as I know there is one Aston Martin One-77 in Mumbai owned by a builder who also built a mall that has his last name. It cost him Rs.17 crores I heard
Is there a link you have for this news? I haven't come across any such news so far of the One-77 arriving on Indian shores, infact all the 77 One-77s are sold much before, would be really interested to spot it in India
AltoHoncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 10:12   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Is there a link you have for this news? I haven't come across any such news so far of the One-77 arriving on Indian shores, infact all the 77 One-77s are sold much before, would be really interested to spot it in India
There was one on display when the showroom in Mumbai was just opened.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 12:22   #98
BHPian

I have a friend at aston martin in town, he is the head of marketing and sales for the showroom. He told me that only 77 will be made out of which 60 have been booked. None have been delivered in the asian countries.
i<3turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 17:35   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
There was one on display when the showroom in Mumbai was just opened.
I don't think that counts in the production number of 77, it was a prototype with all dummy interiors but just a working motor
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 23:11   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Hi, there is a Aston martin One-77 for sale in Indore going for 10cr. I do not know how true it is but the details are on cardekho used cars section.

Cheers !
Warhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 15:06   #101
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Moderator : Please stick to the topic. Some off-topic messages have been moved to another thread.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 23:54   #102
PPS
Senior - BHPian

India's very first Virage Volante at the yet to be opened Delhi showroom.

Pic source:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f..._reply&theater
ASTON MARTIN: Officially launched in India on 15th April, 2011-virage.jpg
PPS is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 12:39   #103
BHPian

Any clue where this new showroom has opened up?
Considering the dealer for Aston Martin is also the dealer for Rolls Royce and has recently closed the showroom at Shangri-La.
Sparkiplug is offline   Reply With Quote