Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2008, 19:37   #1861
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,389
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Just wondering how these guys manage to keep their exotics scratch free. The ferrari's are at a traffic signal. This is where bikers squeeze into every possible space and scrape the body/bumpers. How do these guys manage to keep these rides spotless?

Drive carefully and keep an escort car. Just my 2 cents.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 19:37   #1862
Distinguished - BHPian
 
manishasrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 4,448
Thanked: 5,423 Times
Default

couple of pics of the ga reg supra !!

Attached Images
  
manishasrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 19:59   #1863
Senior - BHPian
 
Nitin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,301
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Those alloys on the Supra look so bland! Something a bit more classy would suit the car better.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 20:02   #1864
Distinguished - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,139
Thanked: 2,604 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Those alloys on the Supra look so bland! Something a bit more classy would suit the car better.
. Deep dish wheels would look super duper hot.

I've seen this supra couple of times in Sheshadripuram, near Cee Gee's chat shop.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 20:05   #1865
Senior - BHPian
 
Nitin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,301
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
. Deep dish wheels would look super duper hot.
True. Nothing too bling-bling. Simple, elegant. Thats all the Supra needs.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 22:38   #1866
BHPian
 
funkydevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Muscat, Oman
Posts: 352
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Hey...tht white hummer is the same one that was in at the autocar performance show. Spotted him during and after the show. Had chased him over the reclemation bridge n man this guy was ripping it good. Still remember the sound of that exaust. Had to put my car into s-mode to get that speed faster. Didnt wanna let anyone get in between . I have a video of it too.

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (n = and, tht = that, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th March 2008 at 09:27. Reason: Please see note in post.
funkydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 23:12   #1867
BHPian
 
spawnofsatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Los angeles/Mumbai
Posts: 707
Thanked: 78 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Just wondering how these guys manage to keep their exotics scratch free. The ferrari's are at a traffic signal. This is where bikers squeeze into every possible space and scrape the body/bumpers. How do these guys manage to keep these rides spotless?
I guess if you see a super expensive car then youwould rather stay away from it, from the fear of scratching/denting it.....
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 01:01   #1868
BHPian
 
alias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು
Posts: 334
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Not sure if its the same Hummer, prior to all the 'pimping'. This was when it first came down to india and came for a wash at a workshop in lingarajapuram, bgl.

The guy brought it down from Dubai

know this guy or atleast the guy how was using it for some time

he stays near my place and the acr was there for some time
alias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 01:50   #1869
BHPian
 
highwayblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago/Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 771
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

HIDEOUS alloys. Sigh nice car though ! Its impossible to find blue book priced supras these days. each and every one is modded and price tag tripled.
highwayblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 02:35   #1870
Senior - BHPian
 
Nitin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,301
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
HIDEOUS alloys. Sigh nice car though ! Its impossible to find blue book priced supras these days. each and every one is modded and price tag tripled.
I remember tying to look for Supras 3 years ago,and I couldn't find a single one in Toledo/Houston. And B'lore has 3 of them!
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 12:31   #1871
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,288
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

There is a white supra in Bombay with similar 3 spoke rims and they look horrible! Three spoke rims only suit bikes. 5 spoke and above look good on cars, though only if chosen with some taste.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 14:24   #1872
Senior - BHPian
 
aniguchisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,021
Thanked: 110 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
There is a white supra in Bombay with similar 3 spoke rims and they look horrible! Three spoke rims only suit bikes. 5 spoke and above look good on cars, though only if chosen with some taste.
Don't forget the infamous Viper 3-spokes. Awesome design.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 14:58   #1873
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,288
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Don't forget the infamous Viper 3-spokes. Awesome design.
I don't like those either. I have seen vipers with much better rims.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 19:31   #1874
Distinguished - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,139
Thanked: 2,604 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
I guess if you see a super expensive car then youwould rather stay away from it, from the fear of scratching/denting it.....
I would keep a safe distance spawn. But what about someone who barely knows the value of the car? Like a cyclist or a pizza delivery guy in a hurry.

Anyway me thinks that it just doesnt take money and snob value (?) to own and drive such machines on public roads, but also requires oneself to tune himself mentally and prepare for those minor scratches and dents.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 22:59   #1875
BHPian
 
spawnofsatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Los angeles/Mumbai
Posts: 707
Thanked: 78 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I would keep a safe distance spawn. But what about someone who barely knows the value of the car? Like a cyclist or a pizza delivery guy in a hurry.

Anyway me thinks that it just doesnt take money and snob value (?) to own and drive such machines on public roads, but also requires oneself to tune himself mentally and prepare for those minor scratches and dents.
true, most people woule be wary but there are some people who dont know much. yeah you have to be prepared for those kind of things to happen in india, ohh well.
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Kerala hanmust Super-Cars & Imports in India 8549 2nd December 2016 08:06
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh manikjeet Super-Cars & Imports in India 1646 26th November 2016 21:27
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2387 19th November 2016 12:38
Supercars & Imports : Kolkata shuvc Super-Cars & Imports in India 3186 17th November 2016 09:58
Supercars & Imports : Goa rohan_fonseca Super-Cars & Imports in India 1709 10th July 2016 05:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks