Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 28th April 2008, 15:59   #2041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Wasn't aimed at you at all mate. Trust me on that.
As for Bhpians having a look at it, I don't believe it till I see it. Easy as that. I have no doubt that people in India can afford such a car, no doubt at all . India is a rich country (contrary to the Western belief) , but really, as per forum rules, lets have some substantiate proof so that we can all proceed with our time. That is a fair enough prospective , yes?
Fair enough. Pichchar is worth hazaar words, yes? Now if someone nice like Mugen Power could snoop around with his fancy DSLR, maybe we could get some proof.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 16:13   #2042
BHPian

why cant the veyron be imported to india?
gt_mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 16:15   #2043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_mustang View Post
why cant the veyron be imported to india?

Made in LHD only and the Govt does not allow that.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 16:35   #2044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
hey guys,
saivalli and i spotted 4 supercars today !!
first spotted the usual orange gallardo and then we spotted the other 3 !!
here are a couple of pics !!
the orange gallardo left and then the other 3 came in a while!
enjoy !!
manishasrani: good scoop as usual. I was mailed pictures of the Lamborghini this morning. It was shot outside Koshy's in daylight, and looked sensational (Delhi registration). However, I'm not uploading them as I don't have sanction to do so.

Pity. That orange suits the car.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 17:19   #2045
BHPian

Whats with Asians in India, why dont they like naming the people if they know ho the motors belong too, is it some kindda secret hush hush stuff, i mean you are bound to see the driver when on the roads. I havnt understood this whole concept of i need to ask if i can upload pics or i know the driver of a car but cant name him/her on the forum.
BAD 130Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 17:37   #2046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD 130Y View Post
Whats with Asians in India, why dont they like naming the people if they know ho the motors belong too, is it some kindda secret hush hush stuff, i mean you are bound to see the driver when on the roads. I havnt understood this whole concept of i need to ask if i can upload pics or i know the driver of a car but cant name him/her on the forum.

You mean, "Indians" , smarty ?

I didn't get the concept either, but these are the rules on this forum. You make it sound as a "generalized" concept , that Indians every where hush up and don't disclose stuff. I guess you meant what is the issue on this particular forum.

On the other hand, I think it is a good system here. Take the owners permission before posting about him or his cars. Much more organized and systematic that ways. Unbeknownst to you , some owners may not want information about them being posted publically. If you want to know more about people who are not disclosed on this forum, please contact the person who has stated the same.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 28th April 2008 at 17:40.
Old 28th April 2008, 17:52   #2047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the other hand, I think it is a good system here. Take the owners permission before posting about him or his cars. Much more organized and systematic that ways. Unbeknownst to you , some owners may not want information about them being posted publically. If you want to know more about people who are not disclosed on this forum, please contact the person who has stated the same.
Bad Boy/Eck - There are a lot of owners out there who would not like their identity revealed inpublic for a myriad number of reasons. Fear of the underworld, police, DRI, IT department etc. etc. Hence the rule not allowing the owner's identity or plates to be revealed.

There are exceptions to the rule when the owner himself consents to having his name/car number on the website, he chooses to reveal that he owns the car in the media (The owner of T-Series for example) or if the car participates in a public event like a rally or something.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 17:53   #2048
Senior - BHPian

Not all owners are publicity-friendly.

And we're just Indians.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 20:48   #2049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD 130Y View Post
@BAD130Y: Looks like you are completely acclimatised to the Paparazzi culture...it has almost entered India.

@ecksreturns: India is a country where the rich are becoming richer and the poor poorer.

@V1p3r: What is DSLR?

Last edited by Jayabusa : 28th April 2008 at 20:50.
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 21:10   #2050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
@BAD130Y: Looks like you are completely acclimatised to the Paparazzi culture...it has almost entered India.

@ecksreturns: India is a country where the rich are becoming richer and the poor poorer.

@V1p3r: What is DSLR?
Let's not drag that debate in to this thread.

It is a camera type. Stands for Digital SLR. SLR = Single Lens Reflex ( Complex camera tech mate)
Old 29th April 2008, 09:35   #2051
Distinguished - BHPian

The MH f430 is now UP reg.
Attached Images

manishasrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 09:47   #2052
BHPian

saw a red Honda CRX in Shivajinagar yesterday! also saw a Continental Flying Spur near Commissioner's Office.
PiranhaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 10:03   #2053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
this is a stock VII.
Seen it so many times at Airlines, then he stopped coming there all of a sudden!! :(
PiranhaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 10:50   #2054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let's not drag that debate in to this thread.

It is a camera type. Stands for Digital SLR. SLR = Single Lens Reflex ( Complex camera tech mate)
Oops, I know what an SLR cam is. The post made me wonder if V1p3r is talking about some car owned by Mugen_power...too engrossed into this long supercar thread and looks like reading between the lines took it's toll on me! lol

BTW isn't the MH-UP regd. F430 the one imported by Hyperformance?
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 11:19   #2055
Senior - BHPian

Why the hell would he change the plate to UP of all the states? I guess no one reminded him of Bihar .

Last edited by straight6 : 29th April 2008 at 11:24.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote