Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 25th August 2008, 01:08   #2911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
here is a pic from today's meet !! cheers !
sorry i'm not allowed to post more pics !
Hey where was this meet? I saw the Gallardo and F430 driving back towards B'lore on Mysore Road in front of Kamat restaurant at around 9-30 this morning. Both were being driven at insane speeds. The sound of the Gallardo was...well...I dont know what to say really, lost for words!

P.S. Oh and I also saw eight superbikes coming in the opposite direction. They were all going pretty quick so could'nt make out any except a blue Busa and a big black cruiser.

Last edited by PhrozenFire : 25th August 2008 at 01:11.
PhrozenFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 01:22   #2912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
Thanks speedy. Here are more pics. Including the spare tire on the RR. It's a 272 bhp monster, in a tuxedo.
JayR RR's dont come with rear spare tyres. the spare tyre will not have brake discs or the caliper with it. no car does, this is one of the four tyre pictures on the car itself.. the alloys design powder coated looks good. suits the combination. i was going to get myself one so i have driven and seen the 3.6 litre v8 td in action. i changed my mind and am getting another stunner with awsome interiors.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 01:25   #2913
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
JayR RR's dont come with rear spare tyres. the spare tyre will not have brake discs or the caliper with it. no car does, this is one of the four tyre pictures on the car itself.. the alloys design powder coated looks good. suits the combination. i was going to get myself one so i have driven and seen the 3.6 litre v8 td in action. i changed my mind and am getting another stunner with awsome interiors.
i think he means the spare wheel was on the car instead of a normal wheel.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 01:33   #2914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i think he means the spare wheel was on the car instead of a normal wheel.
i think so too. the measurements are on the rim as well.
Old 25th August 2008, 10:48   #2915
BHPian

last friday night was driving down to the tech park at inner ring road near indiranagar flyover around 9:30 PM, and bang ahead of me was a spanking new white Rolls Royce phantom. Boy was that thing huge. This was the first time i was seeing the mighty one and I must admit the photos dont do justice to what it looks in person. Sheer beauty. It had a temp MH registration. Looks like there was some major event happening inside the IT park coz i also spotted a Merc S350, and audi A4 going into the same block so i guess this thing also was headed there. Also spotted a brand new grey cayenne yesterday at koramangla near china pearl and a black Range Rover near jayanagar.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 11:07   #2916
BHPian

Default a truly amazing experience

Hey Guys,
Wanted to share this really ethreal experience with you.
This last weekend, four of us were having a booze party late into the night at my friends place in Banashankari. I wasnt drinking though, since I intended to drive back home late night. We ultimately ended up chatting till the wee hours. Its around 3.30 that we decided to hit the road and go for a coffee to the CCD at Maddur.SO there we were, four guys and my friends German Shepherd, bundled into an 800 at 4 in the morning driving along to CCD.I was driving, being the only one with nothing but sprite and coke inside of me.
Anyways, having had our fill of coffee and cake, we started back at about 6. It was then that we started observing a slew of superbikes on the other side of the road, going towards Mysore. I gather it is quite a normal sight. Im not much of a biker person, but I could make out several R1s amongst others. Nice music they made too.
Ah, but here comes the best part. It was when we had crossed Ramanagaram that I heard a distinct roar, and this was no motorbike, it was the unmistakable exhaust note of something much bigger and meaner. And, whoopeee!!! there was a silver 911 Carrera zooming towards Mysore on the other side of the road. SO far so good, 911s are pretty much viewable in Bangalore. But-hey hey hey, what in God's name was this growl?This was no Porsche, and would you believe it along came a gleaming Ferrari 430, gun metal grey. It was going slow, trailing a Maruti Omni. You could make out that the beast was irritated at not being able to stretch its legs fully, with all the crawling traffic in front of it.
By this time I was super excited, an overdose of superbikes and then a 911 and to top it a 430, all gleaming nasty metal monsters.
But hey, denewala jab bhi deta deta chappar faad ke. And blitering barnacles, thundering typhoons, it was sensory nirvana once again, since I could hear something bigger, meaner, nastier coming along. And what had we there folks? Nothing less than a canary yellow Lamborghini Gallardo snorting and growling along behind the Porsche and the Ferrari, as is edging them both to make a move on, since Big Daddy wants to run now. Enough of sauntering!!
Man o man, I was jumping as much as my seat belt and responsibility as the driver would allow me.Holy smokes guys, a 911, 430 and a Gallardo all one after the other, WOW. I mean what a sight it was, especially the brilliant yellow monster Gallardo, a work of art, a scythe in automobile form, the very embodiment of suave and refined aggression, which when let loose, becomes an razor-edged, uncouth, savage and devil-may-care saber tooth. WOW WOW WOW! Beautiful and awe-inspiring indeed
ANy Team BHPians in any of those machines? If yes, you guys have all the luck, and I wish you keep setting alight Bangalore roads over ad over again like this
No offence to bikers, but hey, like someone said, two wheels move the body, but for me (and I guess most BHPians), 4 wheels move the soul. Especially yellow metal astride those four wheels.Sigh.
arindambasu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 12:36   #2917
Senior - BHPian

Mate, I love your passion. I remember the first time I saw a McLaren F1 and subsequently a Zonda. They sprouted a very similar reaction, though I remember the former brought tears to my eyes - and it wasn't even in motion! There's nothing better than actually confronting and witnessing your dream right before you. It's like being reborn. God, I love cars.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 12:53   #2918
BHPian

aniguchisan,
thanks, you're right, and this was only the second time i was seeing a Gallardo in flesh and blood, that too a blazing yellow one, and to add to that it was in the company of a 430 spyder and a 911. Man, what a soundtrack-growl hiss wail and roar, Roar, ROAR!!
Beautiful.
arindambasu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 13:14   #2919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
aniguchisan,
thanks, you're right, and this was only the second time i was seeing a Gallardo in flesh and blood, that too a blazing yellow one, and to add to that it was in the company of a 430 spyder and a 911. Man, what a soundtrack-growl hiss wail and roar, Roar, ROAR!!
Beautiful.
A V10, a V8 and a flat six boxer. Beats anything in my music system for sure.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 13:43   #2920
Distinguished - BHPian

@ arindambasu13 you missed the limited edition cayman i guess !!
there were 4 cars in total ! http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...alore-194.html (Supercars & Imports : Bangalore)
manishasrani is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 14:27   #2921
Distinguished - BHPian

@phrozenfire,
the bikes
Attached Images

manishasrani is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 14:38   #2922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
@phrozenfire,
the bikes
Manish you are irrepressible mate! How do you do it?! Yep these are what I saw. Thanks!
I saw the Lambo and Ferrari too, but missed the Porches.
The sound of the Lambo was very well described by Arindam
BTW any idea how many black Intruders there are in B'lore? Cause if there's only 1, this bike comes to my neighbouring building sometimes.

Last edited by PhrozenFire : 25th August 2008 at 14:42.
PhrozenFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 16:23   #2923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Hey Guys,
Wanted to share this really ethreal experience with you.
This last weekend, four of us were having a booze party late into the night at my friends place in Banashankari. I wasnt drinking though, since I intended to drive back home late night. We ultimately ended up chatting till the wee hours. Its around 3.30 that we decided to hit the road and go for a coffee to the CCD at Maddur.SO there we were, four guys and my .
I can understand the excitement since i went thru the same when i saw probably the same bunch only that along with the ferrari, lambo and the porshe, i had seen two more porsche's . I think i have posted this sighting in the same thread somewhere. I spotted this at mysore road flyover and they were pbbly returning from maddur CCD. This was a couple of months ago i guess
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 20:59   #2924
BHPian

@speedy,

It's the spare wheel. The car probably had a serious flat somewhere. The other rims were the RR 9 spoke design. The whole reason this car caught my attention was the different rim.
JayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 22:37   #2925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
@speedy,

It's the spare wheel. The car probably had a serious flat somewhere. The other rims were the RR 9 spoke design. The whole reason this car caught my attention was the different rim.
i saw a Black RR driving on the spare wheel. the owner was sleeping in the front seat. i wonder how the guy could do it, i would want to repair the tyre first.