Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 18th December 2009, 19:39   #6751
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Hani , the pics of the BMW etc. have been taken at some place near Queens road rite ?
Nice finds.

And the Pajero is from the same area as mine . Couple of other beasts rest alongside that Pajero.
manishasrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 21:57   #6752

Post deleted. Cover that number plate and post again.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th December 2009 at 23:12.
ajslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 22:39   #6753
Senior - BHPian

Is that a Shelby? I doubt it! Nice car though!
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 22:44   #6754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Is that a Shelby? I doubt it! Nice car though!
Definitely not a Shelby!
Its a 1964(most probably) Mustang notchback,ruined by un-origibal black plasticky wipers. I think it has been posted before.
AyAn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 23:02   #6755
EP.
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Definitely not a Shelby!
Its a 1964(most probably) Mustang notchback,ruined by un-origibal black plasticky wipers. I think it has been posted before.
As ayan said it is a 1964 Mustang coupe and the windshield wipers have been changed , the originals are chrome. see the pic.
source: google
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-1964fordmustangwhitecoupe.jpg  

EP. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 11:06   #6756
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
I was in B'lore for 2 days! Saw these imports for sale. Among this one seems to be a cool pick, 1996 BMW 323i coupe, which is imported in `98 & only done 46,000km. Imported & used by a VIP.

But the hottest of them all was a 1970 Land Rover, more photos of it'll be posting seperately in Land Rover thread.
Hi Hanmust!

I've seen that BMW 323i and I think I've seen it with the top down! That's actually a convertible and the owner has put the hard top on (weather has been very erratic in Bangalore off late )

Very nice catch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atul-C View Post
@ecksreturns, Thank you for the info. I have never been into supercars and imports until I became member of tbhp. I am sure that I am not the only one here who does not know about this. You will find plenty here who dont know about supercars being specially designed as RHD for india.

My original question was, why Ford Shelby GT500 is missing from the scene and LHD being the only reason was not satisfactory . If Lambo, porsche can be designed RHD for india, why not Shelby. Is Ford not willing to make modifications? Maybe you can think of some other logical reason apart from being LHD as you already have a great collection of these metallic beauties. I have seen Magus Cars website and they have listed Ford Shelby so that means it is available for india.

Ford In India, Ford India, Ford Mustang GT Coupe India, Ford Mustang GT Convertible India, Ford Shelby India, Ford Mustang Bullitt India - Magus Cars
The older Mustangs were never made in RHD as they were very popular in the US. Lamborghini and Porsche cater to a wide audience across the globe and hence make RHD cars as well.

Before the '01 rule, plenty of Mustangs were imported into India and there are a few 'Stangs around. If you go through this thread, you're bound to find a couple of them.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 11:55   #6757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
Hi Hani , the pics of the BMW etc. have been taken at some place near Queens road rite ?
Nice finds.

And the Pajero is from the same area as mine . Couple of other beasts rest alongside that Pajero.
You said right, its parked in a compound in a cross road at Queen's road. Do you ment the biege newer Pajero?

Others are normal Toyotas like Vista, Starlet, etc. & thought not worth snapping as its not consider to be an head turner even among the common man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Hi Hanmust!

I've seen that BMW 323i and I think I've seen it with the top down! That's actually a convertible and the owner has put the hard top on (weather has been very erratic in Bangalore off late )

Very nice catch!

I was told that it's having a removable top. Thanks!
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 11:27   #6758

Default white 997 turbo

Here are the pics of the car i spotted last week. stunning car in a very apt colour. And the guy was driving it the way its meant to be, slow in traffic and ripping it on empty stretches. though honestly it dint sound as good as a lambo or ferrari infact nowhere close. good enough i suppose.
Attached Images

tommani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 13:04   #6759
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommani View Post
Here are the pics of the car i spotted last week. stunning car in a very apt colour. And the guy was driving it the way its meant to be, slow in traffic and ripping it on empty stretches. though honestly it dint sound as good as a lambo or ferrari infact nowhere close. good enough i suppose.
The sound of a Poker should never be compared to that of a Ferrari or a Lamborghini. It's different. The sound of that flat six is amazing in its own way!

Nice pictures though!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th December 2009 at 13:05.
Old 20th December 2009, 13:12   #6760
BHPian

this one screams when the turbo kicks in...4 times louder and crisper than a regular carrera. best way to put it shuhaas
mlcarrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 14:33   #6761

Agreed it sounds good. But don't think I could hear the sound after the turbo kicked in cause in no time he would reach the next signal and I would still be shifting to 1st and watch my speedo cross 30kmhr.
tommani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 18:57   #6762
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarrera View Post
this one screams when the turbo kicks in...4 times louder and crisper than a regular carrera. best way to put it shuhaas
Well said Ml! The Turbo is a glorious sounding car. I love the sound of the normally aspirated flat six from the Carrera too! Sounds raw with the perfect blend a growl in the lower revs and a slightly rorty scream as you go higher!
Old 20th December 2009, 19:01   #6763

sorry guys, here's the pic again.
^BTW awesome pic of the white turbo, had seen it once on lavelle road. one of the best sounding cars EVER, IMO
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-stang.jpg  

ajslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 21:19   #6764
BHPian

every Porsche needs an aftermarket sports exhaust system, the reason being nearly all cars built in Germany have to adhere to the exhaust sound caps put down by the authorities, which is turn hides the cars true sound

The true sound of a 911 and expecially a turbo is with a nice exhaust system on it
Kinetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 21:48   #6765
Team-BHP Support

OT: Listen to this stock 911 Carrera exhaust. Who needs after market bits when it sounds like this?