Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 17th December 2007, 11:01   #1306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
spotted a maroon Q7 and a brand new Audi A4 on marathhalli road

and also the biege XC90 i had mentioned earlier is actually a XC70
I work in the same building as the volvo office at C V Raman Nagar, have seen the xc 70..the wheel base is pretty long but the height of XC 70 is as much as that of a Ford Fusion or a lil more.
HellwratH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 11:04   #1307
Senior - BHPian

well actually the XC70 reminded me more of the chevrolet forester
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 14:22   #1308
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw an Orange Gallardo Spyder next to Koshys on St.Marks road yesterday.

While I was staring at that car, the owner came out (an elderly half bald man) and started the car and revved it and then took his own sweet time to reverse out of that parking space and lowered the top and then opened the passenger side door to let his friend sit inside.

Oh man ! what a spectacle. All traffic on the road stopped and everyone were staring at this show....

It was a DL registered by the way
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 15:32   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
BTW, been seeing this Ranjit's guys name pop up a dozen times.

Who is he ?
Well I don't know much about him but all I know is that he is Ranjit Sundaram one of the owners of TVS Sundaram motors.I see him quiet often at the bangalore club with either his f430 or his sl55 amg.He is one lucky guy.
TARUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 15:41   #1310
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARUL View Post
Well I don't know much about him but all I know is that he is Ranjit Sundaram one of the owners of TVS Sundaram motors.I see him quiet often at the bangalore club with either his f430 or his sl55 amg.He is one lucky guy.

Only thing correct in the above is the name Ranjit and the Ferrari. SL55 is history or not been seen for a long time

Last edited by ajmat : 17th December 2007 at 15:43.
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 19:00   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Only thing correct in the above is the name Ranjit and the Ferrari. SL55 is history or not been seen for a long time
I doubt the sl55 is history because I saw him driving that 5 days ago along with his brother.It was parked outside mocha(the cafe on lavell road)
TARUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 19:20   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
I doubt the sl55 is history because I saw him driving that 5 days ago along with his brother.It was parked outside mocha(the cafe on lavell road)
the silver sl55 isn't owned by ranjit (even if you saw him driving it). the pics have been posted earlier.
in 10 years, i have never seen his brother ride with him (owns a tn reg 5series, cayenne s & new accord).

the sl55 is owned by another member of the club (restaurateur, mustachioed gentleman who works out) and is a very close friend of ranjit. you might have seen them together.

caveat: things do change really quickly with ranjit and i haven't seen him in 10 days...so you have a small chance of being right.
raftaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 07:32   #1313

Note from the Team-BHP Support : For the benefit of other users, please take the effort to type your post in full and proper english, alongwith the appropriate punctuation. Thanks

Quote:

ahem..if i'm allowed to type in this, tht is ranjit sundermurthy..and he is part of a realtors family.....his list of famed cars are sl55, soupedup supra,ferrai f430..etc.....his supra was showcased in autocar too..!!!

Last edited by GTO : 19th December 2007 at 10:49.
reds is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 18th December 2007, 15:03   #1314
BHPian

man! there is just so much specualtion and therefore misinformation on these exotic owners.there is valid and correct information on them in earlier posts.
i request newbies to first do a search of the forum before they post questions. every time there is a question about the owner...people with no clue, just hearsay, jump in with their half-baked information.
knowing most of these owners, i can certify that all we're be getting most of the time, is the wrong information.
in the interest of this forum, i also request all to refrain from making comments which are just sheer speculation and hearsay.it is best to post information that is garnered firsthand.
raftaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 17:01   #1315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raftaar View Post
man! there is just so much specualtion and therefore misinformation on these exotic owners.there is valid and correct information on them in earlier posts.
i request newbies to first do a search of the forum before they post questions. every time there is a question about the owner...people with no clue, just hearsay, jump in with their half-baked information.
knowing most of these owners, i can certify that all we're be getting most of the time, is the wrong information.
in the interest of this forum, i also request all to refrain from making comments which are just sheer speculation and hearsay.it is best to post information that is garnered firsthand.
arrey bhai,

This thread is 88 pages long. How do you expect me to go through the whole thing to find out who Ranjit is ?

If you know, why dont you just tell me ?
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 18:53   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raftaar View Post

Instead of explaining all this and taking up 11 lines, you could have just told who Ranjit is in 1 line. If he was a celebrity no1 would ask who he is, i dont think there's any1 who comes and asks, who Ambani or Tata is..
cncity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 07:59   #1317
Senior - BHPian

just spotted a MP registered lexus van named APLHARD.This must be a US spec version of a Toyota hiace.This was not as long as the previa though.seemed luxurious inside.

as long as this is the topic i speak, has anybody seen the Toyota Previa near Cauvery theater junction? its a blue van.super comfortable i guess it is . there are many of those vans.anybody taken a ride in any of them?

Last edited by ajmat : 20th December 2007 at 11:07.
14000rpm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 10:53   #1318
Senior - BHPian

i know there are alot of these here
there is one in yellow colour with grey bumpers
looks odd
Old 20th December 2007, 21:19   #1319
Senior - BHPian

If I remember right,the owners of KidsKemp had 2 Toyota Previas that they'd use all the time. Not sure if these are still in B'lore.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 23:21   #1320
Senior - BHPian

yes i remember those teo previas
long time back i had seen both of them parked side by side in the basement of the Kemp fort on the airport road
both are grey