Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2015, 10:12   #13606
Distinguished - BHPian
 
manishasrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 4,450
Thanked: 5,430 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Bangalore

Sesto Elemento Replica seen in Bangalore this morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-img20150308wa0031.jpg  

manishasrani is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2015, 11:44   #13607
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,484
Thanked: 7,794 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I finally got to listen to the red Turbo S in person today. The Capristo exhausts make it sound ummm.. interesting, to put it nicely?

Personally, I think it's better without it! It makes quite a racket and it isn't what I'd call 'pleasant'.

Or maybe I've been spoiled by the occasional Aston V8 soundtrack next door.
IT sounded like a VW beetle with a blown exhuast frankly. It might be a different story at high revvs!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2015, 18:07   #13608
A.K
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: India.
Posts: 1,447
Thanked: 2,216 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I finally got to listen to the red Turbo S in person today. The Capristo exhausts make it sound ummm.. interesting, to put it nicely?

Personally, I think it's better without it! It makes quite a racket and it isn't what I'd call 'pleasant'.

Or maybe I've been spoiled by the occasional Aston V8 soundtrack next door.
The stock car with TechArt engine kit sounded farty and weird to me. And with Capristo and BMC add ons, from the video, it sounds much better. The turbo whistle adds to all of it. Maybe I must reserve my judgement till I hear it in person.

@Suhaas :: Nothing beats a glorious NA engine mate!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
IT sounded like a VW beetle with a blown exhuast frankly. It might be a different story at high revvs!

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th March 2015 at 16:57. Reason: Please avoid the big blank spaces... thanks.
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2015, 08:42   #13609
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,484
Thanked: 7,794 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
The stock car with TechArt engine kit sounded farty and weird to me. And with Capristo and BMC add ons, from the video, it sounds much better. The turbo whistle adds to all of it. Maybe I must reserve my judgement till I hear it in person.

@Suhaas :: Nothing beats a glorious NA engine mate!
Well, we were hanging out in the club when it was being driven in slowly. From the owners traditional "Tarzan call" (i.e noisy downshift) at the back gate till the slow drive in to park, it sounded like an old beetle
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2015, 09:38   #13610
BHPian
 
guyfrmblr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 929
Thanked: 1,870 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Bangalore

Spotted this Mini Cooper Countryman at BEL circle last noon.

Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-imag1849.jpg
guyfrmblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 09:23   #13611
BHPian
 
E = mc˛'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 86
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Bangalore got a blue Veyron on carnet?

I was told this by a very reliable source.

Someone please confirm if this news is true !
I wonder if the real owner of that Veyron is aware of this or not.! As per what I hear, they've got no such plans and the car still dwells at their garage in Emirates .
E = mc˛ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 09:26   #13612
//M
Distinguished - BHPian
 
//M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,847
Thanked: 6,381 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = mc˛ View Post
I wonder if the real owner of that Veyron is aware of this or not.! As per what I hear, they've got no such plans and the car still dwells at their garage in Emirates .
Yes I heard later that the car isn't coming anymore. But there was a certain grapevine that the Veyron might come down soon, hence wanted to confirm.
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2015, 21:54   #13613
Senior - BHPian
 
ashwin.terminat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,348
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Bangalore

I really had hopes that the Capristo on the Turbo would get me to give Turbos a little more credit.



After hearing that, nope.

NA all the way.
ashwin.terminat is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2015, 12:19   #13614
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 303
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Bangalore

While it is the owners personal choice about how it sounds/feels, IMHO Porsche Turbo/S don't need any aftermarket fiddling at all.

They are subtle, lethal, reliable, all weather "point, shoot and decimate" tools of cold precise german engineering and should be enjoyed as such. No amount of filters/exhausts can make them have the soulful wail of a dramatic italian.

This just sounds like a muffler leak, but as long as the owner is happy, we are just arm chair critiques.
Ash_vtec is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2015, 13:35   #13615
A.K
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: India.
Posts: 1,447
Thanked: 2,216 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
While it is the owners personal choice about how it sounds/feels, IMHO Porsche Turbo/S don't need any aftermarket fiddling at all.

They are subtle, lethal, reliable, all weather "point, shoot and decimate" tools of cold precise german engineering and should be enjoyed as such. No amount of filters/exhausts can make them have the soulful wail of a dramatic italian.

This just sounds like a muffler leak, but as long as the owner is happy, we are just arm chair critiques.
The owner himself said "Not the best sounding car... But goes like stink" and he even added "No matter what I do to it, it wont sound like an Italian"
Clearly, power has been the motive here. This particular 911 can do 0-100 in a little less than 2.5secs I m told.
A.K is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2015, 17:22   #13616
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 303
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
The owner himself said "Not the best sounding car... But goes like stink" and he even added "No matter what I do to it, it wont sound like an Italian"
Clearly, power has been the motive here. This particular 911 can do 0-100 in a little less than 2.5secs I m told.

Fair enough. Like i said, as long as the owner is happy It does indeed go like stink
Ash_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2015, 18:17   #13617
BHPian
 
Octane_Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 619
Thanked: 392 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
The owner himself said "Not the best sounding car... But goes like stink" and he even added "No matter what I do to it, it wont sound like an Italian"
Clearly, power has been the motive here. This particular 911 can do 0-100 in a little less than 2.5secs I m told.

What! 0-100 in 2.5? That's faster than any Lambo/Ferrari. I guess, only other car as fast would be an AMS GT-R right?

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2015, 22:52   #13618
Distinguished - BHPian
 
manishasrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 4,450
Thanked: 5,430 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Bangalore

Some fun on a Saturday afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-10507043_736535586445341_3232707921407731144_o.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-dsc_0037..jpg  

manishasrani is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2015, 00:04   #13619
A.K
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: India.
Posts: 1,447
Thanked: 2,216 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
What! 0-100 in 2.5? That's faster than any Lambo/Ferrari. I guess, only other car as fast would be an AMS GT-R right?

-Bhargav
Yep 2.5 seconds. And yep, other than that GT-R and GHS' TT Gallardo, this would be the fastest. When compared, this one barely has any mods. Only, she runs only on 100octane
A.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2015, 22:40   #13620
Distinguished - BHPian
 
manishasrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 4,450
Thanked: 5,430 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Bangalore

Clicked this group of Supercars today.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-10856773_736763726422527_785304363489022438_o.jpg  

manishasrani is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2389 8th December 2016 16:22
Supercars & Imports : Kerala hanmust Super-Cars & Imports in India 8551 7th December 2016 12:21
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh manikjeet Super-Cars & Imports in India 1646 26th November 2016 21:27
Supercars & Imports : Kolkata shuvc Super-Cars & Imports in India 3186 17th November 2016 09:58
Supercars & Imports : Goa rohan_fonseca Super-Cars & Imports in India 1709 10th July 2016 05:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:24.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks