Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 11th January 2011, 07:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Pics: An Afternoon at Arnala Beach Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
I was wondering how this GIGANTIC car has just 4 seats in the car. But then I googled for H1 interior pics and found this pic. Man, what a cockpit!! The passengers are really in an entirely different zone! Can you even shake hands with the driver
pix of the H1 i saw up close..

Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!-dscf1469.jpg

Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!-image_729.jpg
14000rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 10:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibby View Post
wow, but how was the h1 imported ?
Got any interior photos would like to see drivers cockpit. Would love to see this between rickshaw and taxi.
Sorry could not click any interior pics but will do so some other time. The H1 is treat to watch amongst the rickshaws on the road. heck even the local bus was stopping and giving us way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Good 1 ! Now THAT !...would be 1 hell of a comparo !

& as FlyingSpur once named him, Mr. Kartik Kasbekar really beautiful pics ! The sheer mass of this ridiculously huge American beast is quite unbelievable ! Your pics are a piece of art man ! How about finding time to click something a lot smaller and a bit more elegant ? By now you obviously know what am i hinting at right ?
By the way Dippy & Kartik ,you guys have the video of the H1 pulling out the fusion for the second time ?
Nope we did not shoot a video the second time. However we should have shot a fly by on the beach
Dippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 11:02   #48
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!

The only thing which comes to my mind is AWESOME.Its really huge,must have been an experience to drive.

I drive an Isuzu Trooper and people often ask me as to how i manage to drive it every day in city traffic.

You guys are so lucky and obviously i am envy.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 11:12   #49
BHPian

Dippy, you saved the one, who was my colleague's good friend.

Before I see this blog today I had already seen the video .
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 11:31   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Dippy, you saved the one, who was my colleague's good friend.

Before I see this blog today I had already seen the video .

Oh so the Fusion belonged to your colleague's friend? I didnt notice that they shot a video too. Did they shoot when we took them out a second time from the rear as well?
Dippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 12:07   #51
BHPian

Default Re: Pics: An Afternoon at Arnala Beach Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
pix of the H1 i saw up close..

Attachment 481403

Attachment 481404
Man the cabin looks so bus-ish. I mean one could easily take it for a volvo bus cabin if left unexplained. Its just huge. I have seen a few in Dubai and the only other vehicle I can think of with this size is the Nissan Armada. Both these vehicles dwarf our Landcruiser and we are like, "man how do they drive these???"

Cheers
Champion
Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 16:24   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Fabulous pictures there.
The H1 appears to be like a lone survivor

Its really amazing how you guys managed to capture only the H1 without any people in the frame.
manishasrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 17:07   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
Its really amazing how you guys managed to capture only the H1 without any people in the frame.
Probably because H1 is all that could fit in the frame . But seriously that is one huge monster and would love to see it scaring off auto-rickshaws .
Autonorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 20:28   #54
BHPian

>>>

Kartik, Dippy,

This is not a 'normal' vehicle, it is a locomotive.
Nothing comes close in terms of the image it projects of power, size and indestructability.

It must have been a terrific terrific experience to drive in it. The torque of 800 Nm at 1600 rpm is mindboggling; the only car that I can think of with a higher torque is the Bentley Mulsanne and possibly some rarefied Porches.

If this is the H1 Alpha circa 2006, then it will have the following engine :

6.6 L turbo Duramax LLY V8 turbo Diesel/Allison 1000 5-speed (model year 2006)

The LLY has the following specs ( ref. Wikipedia) :
The LLY (internally called the 8GF1) (engine code "2") is a 6,599 cc (402.7 cu in) turbocharged engine which debuted in mid-2004 and continued until the end of 2005. It is a 32-valve design with high-pressure common-rail direct injection and aluminum cylinder heads. The LLY was GM's first attempt to implement emissions requirements on their diesel trucks. To meet this goal they turned to a newly developed Garrett turbocharger with a variable geometry vane system and they installed an Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve or (EGR Valve). Learning from problems with injectors in the previous LB7 GM changed the valve covers to allow access to the injectors without having to remove the valve covers, saving significant labor costs if injector replacement became necessary.
The following trucks used the LLY engine:
2006 Hummer H1 Alpha
Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra HD
Specifications
Engine type: 6,599 cc (402.7 cu in) V8 turbo
Bore x Stroke: 4.06 in (103.1 mm) x 3.90 in (99.1 mm)
Block / Head: Cast gray iron / Cast aluminum
Aspiration: Turbocharged & Intercooled
Valvetrain: OHV 4-V
Compression: 17.5:1
Injection: Bosch High Pressure Common-rail
Power / Torque: 310 bhp (230 kW) @3000rpm / 590 lbft (800 Nm) @1600 rpm
Head casting is 8gf1
Block casting is #22351021213

Wikipedia puts the price of a 2006 H1 Alpha as US$ 150,975/-.

Wishing that I get to see this not only in an OTR but also on Bombay's roads.

Regards, drive safe
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 23:17   #55
Team-BHP Support

What a stunning thing the Hummer H1 is. I'm seriously wondering, does one need a LGV license to drive this thing around? Man I would love to drive this some day. With one arm on the steering wheel and the other on the window sill, I would like to get as close to auto-rickshaws and cyclists as possible!

When I see pesky auto-wallahs and cyclists, I'd be tempted!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 11:55   #56
BHPian

Wohooo! What a monster. It indeed is HUGE. Amazing pictures.. A different breed of vehicle all together.
em17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 13:26   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
What a stunning thing the Hummer H1 is. I'm seriously wondering, does one need a LGV license to drive this thing around? Man I would love to drive this some day. With one arm on the steering wheel and the other on the window sill, I would like to get as close to auto-rickshaws and cyclists as possible!

When I see pesky auto-wallahs and cyclists, I'd be tempted!
For a forum that prides itself on being politically so correct, if find it a little difficult to believe that such a comment has gone without even a small reproach. Especially the cyclists bit. Not everyone can afford Hummers or any form of motorized transport. A little tolerance will be in order, perhaps?
sadsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 14:01   #58
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 13th January 2011 at 18:53.
AltoHoncho is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 13th January 2011, 16:02   #59
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Nothing comes close in terms of the image it projects of power, size and indestructability.
Since you mention image, I just had to bring this up. The Hummer can also be extremely intimidating, and be seen by some as an excess. Tree Huggers hate the brand and all that it stands for. The anti-Hummer move in the States (Related Link) was so strong that some Hummer owners didn't dare take their macho vehicles out of the garage.

Personally, I love the H1

Last edited by GTO : 13th January 2011 at 16:06.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 13:10   #60
BHPian

Hi
Excellent photographs. The dimension of the vehicle is amazing. Will scare the heck out of any driver in the highway to move over and give way. Mighty beast.

Last edited by drrajasaravanan : 14th January 2011 at 13:12.
drrajasaravanan is offline   Reply With Quote