Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2011, 14:11   #76
BHPian
 
Redline Shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kolkata,Blore
Posts: 213
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!

But do they still sell h1 i mean as far i remember they have stoppped manufacturing them.Now its juts the h2 and h3 and its variants.can anyone confirm?

Moreover i think GM should bring hummer to india.I mean lots of people are already buying them.Couple of them on road.
Redline Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 17:37   #77
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 263
Thanked: 126 Times
Default Re: Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!

GM should certainly bring Hummer to India. That way when the Humvee is passing along the narrow streets (galis), then its gonna shave off part of the illegal construction of houses along side those streets.

Dear Redline Shooter,

Couple of Hummers on the road doesn't quite translate to 'lots of people' buying the thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
But do they still sell h1 i mean as far i remember they have stoppped manufacturing them.Now its juts the h2 and h3 and its variants.can anyone confirm?

Moreover i think GM should bring hummer to india.I mean lots of people are already buying them.Couple of them on road.
Animesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 20:32   #78
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,760
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default Re: Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
But do they still sell h1 i mean as far i remember they have stoppped manufacturing them.Now its juts the h2 and h3 and its variants.can anyone confirm?

Moreover i think GM should bring hummer to india.I mean lots of people are already buying them.Couple of them on road.
I dont think Hummers are in production any more. Hummer was sold to some Chinese company.

EDIT - So it was not sold, as is pointed out below. Thanks.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 4th May 2011 at 20:52.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 20:48   #79
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 42
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I dont think Hummers are in production any more. Hummer was sold to some Chinese company.
"By April 2010, any sale of the brand became unlikely as inventory was depleted and Hummer dealerships began shutting down.After filling a rental car fleet order, the last Hummer H3 rolled off line at Shreveport on May 24, 2010.


The company announced it was willing to consider offers for all or part of the assets. American company Raiser along with several others expressed interest in buying the company. However, on April 7, 2010, this attempt failed as well, and General Motors officially said it is shutting down the Hummer SUV brand and offering rich rebates in a bid to move the remaining 2,200 vehicles."
Source : Wikipedia.
eshwar.mohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 20:53   #80
BHPian
 
Redline Shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kolkata,Blore
Posts: 213
Thanked: 36 Times
Talking Re: Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
GM should certainly bring Hummer to India. That way when the Humvee is passing along the narrow streets (galis), then its gonna shave off part of the illegal construction of houses along side those streets.

Dear Redline Shooter,

Couple of Hummers on the road doesn't quite translate to 'lots of people' buying the thing.
But animesh according to me these cars are not meant to be sold on a scale of accords n skodas.They are exclusive and meant to be so.Looking at the present automotive scenario almost all the big shot automotive brands are making there entry in india just because they see a healthy market here.I mean goin by the calculations i think numbers of hummers in india outcross no of astons in india by a large scale but jst because the compnay saw a good maket here they launched aston.Same sholud be the case 4 gm.Dont really know about there marketing strategies and plannings though.
And common animesh i mean surely you brought out the right point of our streets been narrow but arent they too rough and uneven for supercars?But people are still buying them and using them on proper roads meant for them only.All in all i will like to see hummers been launched in india(which will certainly cut down the payoff price.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshwar.mohan View Post
"By April 2010, any sale of the brand became unlikely as inventory was depleted and Hummer dealerships began shutting down.After filling a rental car fleet order, the last Hummer H3 rolled off line at Shreveport on May 24, 2010.


The company announced it was willing to consider offers for all or part of the assets. American company Raiser along with several others expressed interest in buying the company. However, on April 7, 2010, this attempt failed as well, and General Motors officially said it is shutting down the Hummer SUV brand and offering rich rebates in a bid to move the remaining 2,200 vehicles."
Source : Wikipedia.
Now thats surely a sad news for all the SUV lovers.
NOw i see why gm isnt gettin hummer to india...because there isnt any.haha.
By thw way does anybody know how many humvees or h1 are there in india.The real deal is hummer h1.H2 and h3 though more commercially popular doesnt do justice to the name.


Note from Support: Please use proper punctuation in your posts. Will make for easy reading for other members. Thanks!!
Redline Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Driving directions for Tarkarli beach, Maharashtra, Mumbai kadwad Route / Travel Queries 7 30th September 2015 17:31
Trips to our favourite beach in Maharashtra - Kashid. Dec 11, Mar 12 pjbiju Travelogues 22 16th June 2012 14:21
Vizag: any beach resorts or beach guesthouse? romyeo4u Route / Travel Queries 4 19th March 2009 03:41
Esteem steering getting very hard in the afternoon atulrastogi Technical Stuff 10 26th August 2006 20:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks