Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 20th May 2011, 19:49   #31
BHPian

Sheel -
Yeah the Arai RX7 RR3 with Doohan graphics is my favorite helmet. I had a suomy gambler but did not like it and ended up selling it with 2 hours of usage. I had Doohan autograph my hat at Laguna but sadly I lost it in Mysore a few months back.

I see you are Spies fan. I have watched Spies come up through AMA fighting with Mat Mladin. It is amazing to watch him close up with his elbows howering over the kerbs..

Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Wow, amazing share I really like the 916.

That Doohan rep Arai looks sick
Suren -
Yeah the stock clipons were replaced with Lockhart Philips stuff since my friend backed in his Miata into my bike and knocked it over. However, the stock clipons are much better.

Either motorcylist or cycleworld had said - why buy an F40 when you can buy an equally attractive italian beauty for 430,000 dollars less and the 851 accelerates harder.. I did test against a Testarossa and was successful..

The 851 strada evolved quite a bit from late 80s to 1992. Mine was a 91 model and was good for a top speed of 151MPH [I never got there] and 85 HP. It is a great bike to ride on the street and on the track. It is not the fastest, but in capable hands, can do well in tight circuits. Now is it better than the 848? absolutely not. Even the sp series will have trouble with the 848. But I would any day prefer a 888 instead of an 848 or even a 1198.

I have not ridden the sp series but have seen a 926 corsa [888 built for endurance racing] ridden by a fast rider. There is so rare, most owners will not push them to their limits.

Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren View Post
The 851 and 888 are a few of my dream bikes and the 888 WSBK poster still on my bedroom wall. This is the first time I ve read about one of us ( read Indian ) own one. Those clip ons looks real low on the 851. Could you please elaborate on how the 851 was on the track and how different were the other Dukes you rode around the track ? Have you ever ridden a 888 SP5 ?
Aishwaray -
I will post my experience with the RX-7. I really enjoyed and it was my first car. It was the second generation [87 model] which I prefer the most. The last generations were wierd looking although very fast. Not a fan of the RX-8.
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser_yank View Post
great post. really loved reading it and the hardships and compromises a biker goes through to keep the passion going, its just that feeling you have for those few seconds only on that bike. though it was great reading about bikes especially because here we really never had real bikes and even now they are gonna burn a hole in my pocket and i guess my bank locker too to get a legit new one. i own a 1984 RD 350 US spec and am an avid fan of automobiles.
would love to read more about that RX7 you mentioned. its my all time favorite/dream car.
Cheers
Aishwaray Arora
Aragorn -
I love the PASO series esp. the 92 907. Gorgeous body and a great touring bike. The ST-2 and ST-4 that replaced the 907 unfortunately did not inherit PASO's beauty.
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Among the most passionate posts in the recent past! Most folks would be happy owning one Duke in their lifetime. You have had the passion to own multiple Dukes from different generations!

The Blue 750 PASO was my pick of the entire set of pictures. Gorgeous is an understatement!

Thanks for giving many of us 'normal folks' the hope to aspire for a Ducati. This thread probably best exemplifies the fact that you don't have to be one of em super rich to follow your passion. You just need to follow your heart.

Many thanks for sharing such a detailed post and the fantastic pictures! Rating the thread a well deserved 5 stars.
Yes Rahul..that was me at BOTs. I ended up getting a road bike recently.
Would be happy chill and talk bikes, ducati etc.
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post
Beautiful! Really enjoyed reading it and I'm truly amazed at how just passion for something can take a person so far. From dreaming of motorcycles in Mysore to actually making parts for Ducati, thats an incredible journey. I'd love to sit in on that coffee (and/or beer) and listen to your tales Krishna.

Cheers,

Rahul

p.s. I believe we met at BOTS just after I bought my Trek 7100. As I recall, you'd brought in your Giant MTB and took Rohan's Trek roadbike out for a spin at that time.

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th May 2011 at 20:19.
ksanjee is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 13:35   #32
BHPian

Default Re: 21 years and 8 Ducatis - My Story!

@Krishna - i like the latest gen RX7s you can call that the gen gap between you and me. i would push a few of my relatives down the stairs to get my hands on a twin turbo RZ model. simply love it.. also love the picture of the yellow 996 .. great stuff really great stuff.
hellraiser_yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 14:26   #33
BHPian

hellraiser_yank:
Sorry slightly OT from the OT..
I test drove the 3rd generation RX7 with the twin turbo. Was very fast. Mazda had gone to the extreme making this machine as light as possible - they advertised that the pedals had holes drilled in them to save weight. It had around 255HP. My friend has the RX-8 and it is so rev-happy

I also test drove the Nissan 300ZX [non turbo] and it felt heavy.

I just found a few pictures [1 of the RX-7, a couple of my VW Corrado - my favorite, and my old 325i] - Will scan them and post..

Some pics from races.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-m...ars-point.html (some pictures from Laguna Seca and Sears Point)

Krishna.

Last edited by manson : 21st May 2011 at 15:43. Reason: Kindly use Edit button to merge posts whilst posting within twenty minutes from the first post.
ksanjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 15:39   #34
BHPian

Prasadee -
Enjoy those roads. Really miss California when it comes to riding.
I have my SPS in my sister's house ready to go. I will visit this Oct or next May for sure.

If you get a chance do a track day or two. It helped me quite a bit with one-on-one sessions.

Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
So close but our paths never crossed each other. Having never done a track day, most of my spirited rides are around Julian, Palomar, and Anza borrego. They are the sole providers of twisties from the late 90s in my life. I do love the rides up to Laguna Seca from San Diego. Please buzz me if you are ever on this side of the world, for a few group rides.

That was an amazing story, thanks for sharing.
-Prasadee
ksanjee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 17:15   #35
BHPian

Smile Re: 21 years and 8 Ducatis - My Story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanjee View Post
Hey Guys - I will reply in detail to the queries and post more pics

Rajesh - glad you posted the reply!
actually, I don't have that particular picture showcased for passion!! coming down cork screw at Laguna Seca - do you still have it? if you do, can you please send it to me and also post it here....that may be the best pic I have so far!! First time cork screw descent was through the dirt [similar line as Rossi's pass on stoner but 1/10th the speed and 1/100th the grace] but subsequently, I was getting a hang of it.

Krishna
Krishna,

I've lost the old archive of official emails, and so your track photos. But luckily I found the flash presentation and extracted a photo from it's source. PM me your email ID. I will send the photo to you. It seems your TBHP profile settings prevent receiving internal PMs.

- Rajesh
rajeshsundaram is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 17:44   #36
BHPian

Thanks Rajesh..
I don't think I have PMing privileges yet since I don't see a way to PM you..please send to krishna2 @ zoho . com

Krishna
ksanjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:24   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanjee View Post
Thanks Rajesh..
I don't think I have PMing privileges yet since I don't see a way to PM you.

Krishna
Well, now you do. Back to the Italians now
manson is offline   Reply With Quote