Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 18th May 2011, 09:21   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Which Superbike to buy?

People have different parameters while they choose a bike. Some value brand more than the tech specs , some base their decisions on looks alone. Since you were talking about the history of bikes I understand you still think fz1 has the fueling issue. You have ruled out fz1 for no rhyme or reason. I guess somebody needs to update his knowledge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Relax Guys, Lets put out yours suggestions to OP as per your knowledge, you don't need to put down others suggestions

Having said that, I must say that Bandit certainly has its plus points as sports Tourer which means that it will behave well in city too.

The FZ1 on other hand its brawny looks and a high revving engine which many enthusiasts like.

So its up to plimsollmark to decide what suits his riding style & of-course the budget
That is my point exactly. There are quite a few options available in the market. Different brands and different characteristics. Based on his budget , riding style and preferences one can decide what suits best.

Last edited by GTO : 18th May 2011 at 14:25. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
niks_devil666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 12:28   #17
BHPian

Niks : Apologies for having lost my cool, I may have misunderstood you, but No I am not under the impression that the FZ1 still has that problem, I was under the impression that plimsollmark is looking for a used bike and that puts him in the range of the model that did have these issues.

For the record, one of the first big bikes I rode was an R6 milled Fazer 600, and it was a hoot! You arguably cannot be a bigger fan of Yamaha than me, I'd buy it even WITH FI issues as long as ithas the tuning fork symbol. The question was to assist someone by giving him pros and cons of a used bike thats all. Unfortunately, in this case, the Bandit has more pedigree and that is a hasrh reality even a die hard Yamaha fan like me has accepted.

In any case, if you read my introduction, it was the hunt for a ZX12R which brought me here, I have now got a ZX12R, and my schedule does not permit me to spend too much time at online Forums so for me this discussion ends here. Peace..
DevilsOwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 14:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang
Detuned for low end torque 2007 Fireblade engine, though is loads of fun, eats up the 180/55/17 rear tires pretty quick if you like to give it joy. I need to replace the 2nd rear since new in about 1k kms.
Sorry but did I get this right? 2 Tyres in a 1000 kms??? Wow!! That's a really expensive proposition not to mention inconvenient!!

Last edited by manson : 19th May 2011 at 15:49. Reason: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers. Thanks.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 14:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Sorry but did I get this right? 2 Tyres in a 1000 kms??? Wow!! That's a really expensive proposition not to mention inconvenient!!
I'm sure he meant 10k kms.

SBK tires, esp. the one on the rear wont last more than 6k to 8k kms depending on the compound of the tire (soft/hard/dual) and riding style.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 15:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

He actually could very well be right.I have gone through 5 sets of tires in 5000 miles.Yes Sets. and in 5000 miles.Thats about 8000 kms.And no stunting and never a burnout.It all depends on how hard you ride.Especially in hilly areas where braking and then accelerating hard out of corners is an absolute hoot!

It takes its toll on the tires.I was told on online forums that the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT would last atleast 2000-2500 miles of super abuse by members of a US based forum.But i wrapped the sets up in about 1000 miles.That is mostly because they have long freeways whereas i here have tight twisty mountain roads in which blasting out of corners is all the fun!

DevilsOwn: Post up some pics of your 12.what color is it and what year? --From a fellow 12 owner.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 18th May 2011 at 15:22.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 16:34   #21
BHPian

Great ! Now that the 650R is coming out soon I am so confused! Hope Honda takes heed and follows soon with the CBR600F :-)
plimsollmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 16:54   #22
BHPian

Ok, enough waiting, I have just booked the Ninja 650R... Had a look at it in person and the build quality is superb.
The purists might say it's not a Superbike but found this one fitting my budget perfectly as compared to a FZ1 or even a Bandit!
OTR price quoted was 5.03 lakhs all inclusive..
Old 10th June 2011, 17:20   #23
BHPian

Congrats dude. Wish you a safe ride.
An ownership report is pending (of course with loads of pics).
How much time for delivery ?
mikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 17:23   #24
BHPian

plimsollmark congrats !

The 650R is great bike for our conditions , and the pricing is cool too , it's gonna be a fantastic tourer .

I hope Honda brings in the CBR 600 F , will be sweet to hear the inline four .
slalom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 18:11   #25
BHPian

@Mikon and Slalom, thanks. Delivery by end July or beginning August although Bajaj Probiking official written stand is 90 days after booking.
From what I understand as mentioned by the sales person, the requisite government permissions for this model are still awaited and expected in a months time. Only then can they begin deliveries/registrations.

Cheers
Old 11th June 2011, 22:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

wow, how can Bajaj launch a bike without getting the required clearances? Doubtful they would have pushed the trigger ahead of getting clearance. As far as i know Bajaj have a clean image off late. Pretty sure they wouldnt want to put it at stake.

Congrats for the bike however
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote