Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Closed Thread

Old 28th April 2011, 22:18   #16
BHPian

Default Re: The Ninja 650r, Bajaj releases teasers

did a lot of googling on this bike and the conclusion is its a confused positioning stuck between a tourer and a supersport and am afraid that like all compromises in life, it does neither well. its lost in my opinion and does not deserve the ninja tag cos for eg just look at the handle bars ......... its terrible to see a regular bar handle on a 650cc ninja. ok its a tourer but the front half is a supersport and the rear half is ...... a rear half.

the ninja 250 looks better. BUT its a mean KGREEN KGOBLIN & a NINJA right?
hollywoodhogan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2011, 23:38   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
The 250R is a CKD. Parts are imported from Thailand and assembled at the Chakan plant in Pune.
Oops! My bad!

But then, why is it priced near 3L? I always thought is because of the CBU pricing! Internationally CBR 250R and Ninja 250R seems to have similar pricing, but if both are CKD, why such a big difference in India.

And, would it be realistic to expect a pricing of 5-6L for the 650R?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
front half is a supersport and the rear half is ...... a rear half.
True! ZX- 6r would have been a better choice (Although 650r is more suited to our conditions!)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th April 2011 at 23:49.
Old 28th April 2011, 23:46   #18
BHPian

I feel after pricing 250 at 3 L, they would price 650 around 7-8 lac. And no way it will be around 5 lac. If 250 was around 2L then we could have expected 650 at 5L.
Old 28th April 2011, 23:50   #19
BHPian

Whatever the pricing be, Ninja 650 would change the whole dimension of the motorbiking community in india.
Old 28th April 2011, 23:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikxsans660 View Post
Whatever the pricing be, Ninja 650 would change the whole dimension of the motorbiking community in india.
please elaborate on "whatever the pricing" and "whole dimension" please cos i done see any such thing major happening.
Old 29th April 2011, 00:13   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikxsans660 View Post
It wont sell if pricing is too high, if Ninja650R is priced around Ducati Monster 796 which one will sell more?
Old 29th April 2011, 04:20   #22
BHPian

Please ignore if already discussed, am not so convinced in spite of the enthusiasm that this release has generated, except maybe that the ZX-6R could possibly be around the corner (though, it will be priced just a lakh or 2 under the litre range, which itself will dent sales due to the "1000cc" mil raha hai for a lakh extra mindset without the fools knowing that even abroad the cost of a supersport and a superbike are nearly the same..)

Moving on: The 650R does NOT deserve the Ninja tag as it has no Ninja qualities. It is a good bike and is a decent tourer. Period. It is neither fast, nor does it handle itself well (this is for experienced riders seeking a serious go fast machine).

It is at best a potter about town bike which one can safely travel on and is an absolute dream for beginners. Am not sure why Bajaj is even launching this here, the 250R at least has pedigree, the 650R has done nothing but question the once famed "Ninja" tag.

Oh well, as long as it paves the way for the ZX-6R, am not complaining, just my 2 cents Just dont go buying it expecting sportbike acceleration (The same holds true for the Hyosung as well) because you will be unpleasantly surprised.

The Ducati Monster (unfair to compare it with this but..) suits our conditions more, offers more and is a better bike all round.
Old 5th May 2011, 01:34   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Oops! My bad!

But then, why is it priced near 3L? I always thought is because of the CBU pricing! Internationally CBR 250R and Ninja 250R seems to have similar pricing, but if both are CKD, why such a big difference in India.
The Ninja is a Semi-Knocked Down assembly in India and that is why the panic buttons are pushed with the Fin Minister's CKD proposal.

Also, the prices of the Ninja 250R and the CBR250 are the same in the USA because they get the carb version of the Ninja and not the Fuel-injected version like us. Infact if u see the international prices for the Fi version of the Kwacker, it is bang equal to the Rs 3 lakh plus charged in India.
Old 20th May 2011, 16:10   #24
BHPian

Where is the hype on this bike? I just read the launch date of 8th June,'11, pricing expected to be close to 6lakhs.
Old 20th May 2011, 16:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

6 Lakhs! If this is actually a realistic figure and bajaj happen to not get too greedy then this could spell the end of hyosung's sportbike.Because by and far this is a much more brand value and hypothetically reliable bike than the hyosung.I am sure a few Hyosung owners would be beating thier heads on the wall.haha.

If the pricing is right this would actually be a more sensible buy than the Ninja250R.of course i'm saying that as the regular user with a money to CC ratio in mind.
Old 22nd May 2011, 15:11   #26
Senior - BHPian

Default Kawasaki's EF-6R coming soon

As per the source - Kawasaki ER-6f weeks away | Autocar India

The new Kawasaki seems to be on the way soon. 650cc around 5.5L. How good will it be?

Old 22nd May 2011, 22:52   #27
BHPian

Does anyone have an idea about the actual riding position on the bike? Is it more like the old Karizma or slightly sporty as the 220?
I absolutely adore the riding posture on my 220 and i feel the zma was a tad too upright for me while the R15 is a pain in the city traffic and the long hauls. Honestly im finicky enough about it to ditch the 650R for the 250R if the riding position is too weird for me. Fingers crossed!
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

Try this site.

Motorcycle Ergonomics

I have found it to be very accurate.
navpreet318 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2011, 11:04   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsOwn View Post
Moving on: The 650R does NOT deserve the Ninja tag as it has no Ninja qualities. It is a good bike and is a decent tourer. Period. It is neither fast, nor does it handle itself well (this is for experienced riders seeking a serious go fast machine).

It is at best a potter about town bike which one can safely travel on and is an absolute dream for beginners. Am not sure why Bajaj is even launching this here, the 250R at least has pedigree, the 650R has done nothing but question the once famed "Ninja" tag.

Oh well, as long as it paves the way for the ZX-6R, am not complaining, just my 2 cents Just dont go buying it expecting sportbike acceleration (The same holds true for the Hyosung as well) because you will be unpleasantly surprised.
With due respect I dont think you have had the opportunity to ride the 650R. Due to a 2 cyclinder config it has loads of torque very low the rev range unlike the supersports. It is faster than most supersports in 0-100 timings but it does not have the top whack of the free reving 4 cyclinders. At a shade above 3.5 secs for 0-100 kmph timing, I think you can call it quite fast. And it is a very good handler unlike your assumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Does anyone have an idea about the actual riding position on the bike? Is it more like the old Karizma or slightly sporty as the 220?
I absolutely adore the riding posture on my 220 and i feel the zma was a tad too upright for me while the R15 is a pain in the city traffic and the long hauls. Honestly im finicky enough about it to ditch the 650R for the 250R if the riding position is too weird for me. Fingers crossed!
I bought a 650R last year August in USA and clocked over 9000 miles in 8 months. I toured extensively on it and some of them were more than 300 miles a day. The ergonomics of this bike is spot on. I can vouch for that because I have a slipped disc and did not feel any problem on the long distance tours. It is an adorable sports tourer. Here is a link to the thread on my Kwacker - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...a-650r-ex.html

Last edited by BlackPearl : 23rd May 2011 at 11:05.
BlackPearl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Glad this is launching in India. We really need some good affordable and powerful bikes. But at gas at the price it is now its going to be a while for everyone to decide on buying one. Will be a while before we see like sale of over 100 per month.

@blackpea Reading your thread now. Will send you a PM
Closed Thread