Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 26th June 2012, 08:54   #226
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ducati Monster 796 ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Thanks a ton Adi! Quite a bit of useful info.

My Ducati buddies are suggesting Oriental and Iffco. Let me check with them and update here. The amount quoted by ICICI is way off compared to the others for sure.
I would suggest Oriental and specifically the Koramangala office since the staff there are very helpful. I can come along if you need, if you choose to proceed with Oriental, since i'm familiar with the staff at that branch.

Please google for reviews on specific providers so you know what the pulse of the customer is.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 13:46   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I would suggest Oriental and specifically the Koramangala office since the staff there are very helpful. I can come along if you need, if you choose to proceed with Oriental, since i'm familiar with the staff at that branch.
Aditya,
So very nice of you to make some acquaintanceship with the wonderful staff in Oriental Cannot blame you completely. My insurance is also pretty much for renewal would you kindly help me draw water from your well to have a smooth exercise

Jayant,
Am planning for a ride with Ol Company on the 14th or 15th, do let Buzz me if you are keen on joining. Very Short ride, probably to Nandi Hills would do the trick for me, will be taking a sabbatical for 2-3 months after this ride for reasons best known to you.

Last edited by ku69rd : 4th July 2012 at 13:47.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 17:18   #228
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Nandi should be fine this weekend. Will give you a call Mahesh.

On the Insurance, I'll most probably go with Oriental. The chaps are working on my premium and I'll be able to give an update by early next week.
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2012, 13:54   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nandi should be fine this weekend. Will give you a call Mahesh.
Thanks Jayanth, Let us do the Nandi Hills for the 15th.
And yes i would need your guidance on the insurance once you are done with it.
Old 25th February 2013, 14:41   #230
Senior - BHPian

Hi JVH,

its been a long time since you have updated this thread. How is the bike doing?
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 21:07   #231
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Hi JVH,

its been a long time since you have updated this thread. How is the bike doing?
Thanks for asking JayD :-)

The bike is doing great whenever I ride and that has unfortunately reduced drastically. Over the last 6-8 months, my job responsibilities have increased and so is the travel which keeps me busy on the weekends too. Whenever I happen to free up time, I take the monster out on a spin for 20~30 kms or as low as 10 kms.

Am missing the long rides big time. Hope to re-start riding soon with my buddies who are happily riding away to glory.
Old 26th February 2013, 18:19   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am missing the long rides big time. Hope to re-start riding soon with my buddies who are happily riding away to glory.
Jay,
Its a known fact that you have been missing from all of our rides. As a matter of fact, My FZ also did not see much action ever since the Cyclone Nilam Ride. Looking forward to you hitting back the circuit again for those rides again.

Do join us for the foodie hangout atleast, the capsicums are still waiting for you
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2013, 21:45   #233
BHPian

how much does this bike cost in india
gt_mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2013, 12:14   #234
Senior - BHPian

To All the Ducati fans

Ducati Monster 796 ownership-dsc_0573.jpg

Had an opportunity to caht up with some senior Ducati Marketing officials. They are verymuch aware of the complications with the Ducati's affairs in India (one of our team has paid an advance of INR 1000K on a Ducati Monster in NCR one year ago and still has not got the bike, hence the discussion) and are trying their best to revamp the set up
Ducati Monster 796 ownership-dsc_0584.jpg
Ducati Monster 796 ownership-dsc_0585.jpg

The Ducati Village associated with World Super Bike Championships - last round of village announced to be in BIC, Greated Noida, how about that. Hope lots of you guys will make that pilgrimage

Best Regards & Ride/Drive Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 09:00   #235
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_mustang View Post
how much does this bike cost in india
I do not know about the current pricing. But my advice is not to book/buy until the organization in India gets sorted out. The current owners are depending on the small network we have for getting our routine stuff done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
To All the Ducati fans

The Ducati Village associated with World Super Bike Championships - last round of village announced to be in BIC, Greated Noida, how about that. Hope lots of you guys will make that pilgrimage

Best Regards & Ride/Drive Safe

Ram
Ram, thank you for this update. Looks like a good place to get together with our brethren in the northern part. Hope I'll be able to make it in November.

A small update on the bike -
I could not ride in the last month and the battery had drained to 11V. The starting requirement is 12.5V. I charged the battery with the charger for around 5 hours and the voltage was back to normal. Started in one go after charging. 2 years are already over and my service is due. I do not know how to proceed yet considering the situation and the requirements list for servicing. I have been given a name for routine servicing. Let us see.
Old 8th July 2013, 11:22   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do not know how to proceed yet considering the situation and the requirements list for servicing. I have been given a name for routine servicing. Let us see.
Jay,
From what i understand think you might require just a regular service with oil change which you can do it all by yourself provided you have the right tools for it.
Old 8th July 2013, 15:39   #237
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Jay,
From what i understand think you might require just a regular service with oil change which you can do it all by yourself provided you have the right tools for it.
Mahesh, long time. I know I have to be blamed :P

In all likelihood, I will end up doing that soon but the manual recommends hell lot of things. That's a concern. Most of the folks I know have done just that for 2 years servicing though - regular service with oil change.
Old 8th July 2013, 16:01   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mahesh, long time. I know I have to be blamed :P
Well what all does the manual actually suggest you to do? Atleast for my FZ all that I ought to do is to simply change the Engine Oil & Oil Filter which can be done by myself. Tightening the chain is something that I would seek help though.
Old 9th July 2013, 05:23   #239
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Well what all does the manual actually suggest you to do? Atleast for my FZ all that I ought to do is to simply change the Engine Oil & Oil Filter which can be done by myself. Tightening the chain is something that I would seek help though.
Like I said, its a long list with checks and replacements. The 2 important items of which I am concerned are - check and adjust valve clearances, check and replace timing belts.
Old 9th July 2013, 07:10   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Like I said, its a long list with checks and replacements. The 2 important items of which I am concerned are - check and adjust valve clearances, check and replace timing belts.
Jay,
Was wondering if you could lay your hands on the service manual for your bike. Adjusting Valve for the amount of Kms your bike has run will not be required. If my memory is correct your bike has done around 4000 to 5000 Kms and am sure valves would not require any adjustment. But however it makes sense if you can check for their gaps so that you can be double sure of it.

Timing belts again goes back to my previous statement. (4000 to 5000 Kms). You will have to have the necessary equipment to check for the play. Now does Ducati come with timing chains? Thought they had chains instead of belts?

Buy a proper Workshop Manual with some quality tool set, you can do it your self. Cause I know you have a good penchant for reading and then implementing it.
(Am still surprised with your huge collection of books).

All the best.