Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 7th September 2011, 10:48   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
P.S. So, maybe in a month.. P.P.S Or two?
Make that a year or two at least.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 16:57   #302
BHPian

Folks, Just got my Ninja 650R delivery today.. Exactly 90 days after booking ! Still drooling and the rain gods are playing spoilsport in Pune.

Here is a quick pic below -

More to follow later alongwith some riding impressions. Not much of a writer though so if any of you prospective buyers want any specific info or just a better feel than in the showroom feel free to get in touch. Am in Pune till end of this month !

Incidentally Bajaj finance is offering a fantastic 7.77% finance option.

plimsollmark is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 17:19   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by plimsollmark View Post
Here is a quick pic below -

More to follow later alongwith some riding impressions. Not much of a writer though so if any of you prospective buyers want any specific info or just a better feel than in the showroom feel free to get in touch. Am in Pune till end of this month !

CONGRATS.
Looking forward to detailed impression.
I like this one because it offers comfortable riding posture unlike other F-A-S-T bikes. How is the seat and comfort level in reality? Same question about the pillion comfort?

7.77% is fantastic given the interest rate situation today.
And any news on the availability of the black 650R?

Last edited by anandpadhye : 7th September 2011 at 17:20.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 23:06   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye

CONGRATS.
Looking forward to detailed impression.
I like this one because it offers comfortable riding posture unlike other F-A-S-T bikes. How is the seat and comfort level in reality? Same question about the pillion comfort?

7.77% is fantastic given the interest rate situation today.
Thanks Anand.
Riding position was one of the major reasons for my choice !
In this price bracket honestly my choices were limited.
Pillion comfort is not too great as per my wife who is quite tall. The pillion seat is fairly high.

Will post some riding impressions when I can.
plimsollmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 00:36   #305
BHPian

Quote:
These are flat rates (simple interest rates) quoted by them. The compounded interest rates would be in the range of 14-14.5% with EMI between Rs.12-12500 for loan on Rs.3.5L.

Also please check the date of opening of new bookings as well other colour availability!
Shrek_924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 08:01   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek_924 View Post
These are flat rates (simple interest rates) quoted by them. The compounded interest rates would be in the range of 14-14.5% with EMI between Rs.12-12500 for loan on Rs.3.5L.

Also please check the date of opening of new bookings as well other colour availability!
Shrek, EMI is about 11k for a 3 yr tenure for the max loan available, 3.4 lacs, interest rate is on reducing balance as well.
There are no plans for other colours as of now. Shall check and let you know when the bookings are to be reopened.
Old 8th September 2011, 09:23   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, Just got my Ninja 650R delivery today..
Congrats Plimsollmark on getting the bike. Hope you gonna start your own thread and share your experiences. Quick question probably you might not have ridden the bike that much to give a convincing answer. How does she behave in the city?
1) Engine Temperature --> Does it zoom up and if yes would you have a radiator fan that automatically kicks in
2) Gear Box --> how smooth is the gear box as you go up/down the gears compared the RPM. Does she prefer to be upshifted after a certain RPM?
3) What are the service intervals that have been advised to you by PBK?

7.7 sounds really cool considering that the other bikes do not/make it happen at such low rates.

Wishing you miles of happiness with safety
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 10:01   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the delivery Plimsollmark. Wishing you many happy and safe miles on the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Engine Temperature --> Does it zoom up and if yes would you have a radiator fan that automatically kicks in
This is a liquid cooled parallel twin engine just like its smaller sibling, the 250R. The radiator fan will kick in automatically when the bike heats up.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 10:11   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Congrats Plimsollmark on getting the bike. Hope you gonna start your own thread and share your experiences. Quick question probably you might not have ridden the bike that much to give a convincing answer. How does she behave in the city?
1) Engine Temperature --> Does it zoom up and if yes would you have a radiator fan that automatically kicks in
2) Gear Box --> how smooth is the gear box as you go up/down the gears compared the RPM. Does she prefer to be upshifted after a certain RPM?
3) What are the service intervals that have been advised to you by PBK?

7.7 sounds really cool considering that the other bikes do not/make it happen at such low rates.

Wishing you miles of happiness with safety
ku69rd, thanks for your wishes !
To answer your questions (Although I have barely ridden 20km so far as no registration done yesterday and intermittent rains) -
1)Doesnt really zoom up but gets fairly warm, the radiator fan automatically kicks in after about 15 minutes of riding. Did some small hops in shorts yesterday and wasnt at all unpleasant. Of course in the summer time will be a different story. but thats an issue with any big engined bike.
2)Found the gear box to be smooth AND yes in my opinion, she does prefer to be upshifted if you want a smooth ride.
3) First service at 1000 km (which is the run in period), after that every 6000 km. Warranty is for 2 years.

My first and foremost impression after about 20km riding, 10km in heavy unruly traffic - alongwith the power pedigree, she is really nimble and light, a perfect combination for in city riding as well as highway riding.

Dont know if I can justify a seperate thread as such as am out of India working half the time and as I mentioned earlier am not too good at elaborate writing !

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Congrats on the delivery Plimsollmark. Wishing you many happy and safe miles on the bike.

This is a liquid cooled parallel twin engine just like its smaller sibling, the 250R. The radiator fan will kick in automatically when the bike heats up.
n_aditya, thanks for your good wishes !

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th September 2011 at 12:46. Reason: posts merged.
Old 8th September 2011, 15:39   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Went to the showroom in Gurgaon this weekend. They have no plans of launching a black one for now.

I was told that bookings would only resume around Diwali :(

I am dying to replace my bullet and this wait is killing me.
jalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 19:11   #311
naj
BHPian

Hi!
Congrats to you on the beast.

Could you please advice on -
- The onroad price.
- Booking and waiting period.
- Are the probiking folks handelling the registration.
- Upgrade for exhausts.

Going by your handle , are you a mariner ?

Cheers,
Naj

Last edited by naj : 8th September 2011 at 19:13.
naj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 22:58   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
Hi!
Congrats to you on the beast.

Could you please advice on -
- The onroad price.
- Booking and waiting period.
- Are the probiking folks handelling the registration.
- Upgrade for exhausts.

Going by your handle , are you a mariner ?

Cheers,
Naj
Hi Naj,

Thanks. You guessed right, I am a creature of the sea

Answers to your queries are -

- On road price 5.01 Lakhs
- Spoke to the showroom manager, bookings expecting to reopen beginning of October, Waiting period for the next lot is very unpredictable, the first 2 were delivered in 6 weeks or so, I waited exactly 90 days. There are 5 more lined up behind me, ready for delivery, Official waiting period is 90 days.
- Yes, Probiking handling everything including registration, although I did the insurance myself and saved nearly 2k.
- There are too many upgrades for the exhausts depending what one is looking for as this is a very popular bike worldwide. However if you are looking for a conventional upsweeping exhaust you might be disappointed as so far I have seen only underbelly or underseat exhausts.

Cheers.
Old 9th September 2011, 18:09   #313
naj
BHPian

Hi!

@ Plimsollmark , Thanks for the replies.

I am looking for the under-belly ones, as you said that there are a lot of options available . But can they be purchased in India or have to be shipped into India?.
There are a lot of "You Tube" videos showing the demos of fitting aftermarket exhausts for the 650 R and you can hear the note too.Some of them are roaring nice too.

Cheers
naj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2011, 18:59   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
Hi!

@ Plimsollmark , Thanks for the replies.

I am looking for the under-belly ones, as you said that there are a lot of options available . But can they be purchased in India or have to be shipped into India?.
There are a lot of "You Tube" videos showing the demos of fitting aftermarket exhausts for the 650 R and you can hear the note too.Some of them are roaring nice too.

Cheers
Hi Naj,

Yeah I have seen those vids, so far have found the sounds of Yoshimura and Ackrapovic appealing. But I most probably will wait for a while before I decide to replace the exhaust so as not to void the warranty ! To asnwer your question, yes some of these are available in India in various accessory stores but havent heard yet of either of the above being available in India. Likely I will order one eventually online and ask to be delivered to one of my friends in the US or Singapore depending on the store location, then he can bring it down in one of his trips.

Cosmetically am definitely planning on enhancing her looks a little more !

Cheers.

Last edited by plimsollmark : 9th September 2011 at 19:01.
plimsollmark is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 07:47   #315

Hi Everybody,

Took delivery of my bike in Pune on Saturday 3rd September. Was looking for a good forum since then, and came up with this one. This forum rocks! Have done just about 200 K's on the bike so far. (The rain keeps playing spoilsport) The bike is amazing. I have not done any serious riding for more than 20 years, so am taking things easy in the beginning. The last bike I owned was the Yamaha RD 350. Bike technology has improved by leaps and bounds since then.

Cheers
King Condor is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote