Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 4th January 2013, 10:14   #256
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
ST has less power, CC and weight and hence i thought it could give 20KMPL on highways. I have no idea about duke 690 but some of the ninja 650 owners said they are getting 22KMPL+ on highways.
I am happy if it gives 18KMPL with mixed city & highway usage.
The Ninja 650 if ridden like a 650 is meant to be ridden, will not give you upward of 18 kmpl. The Duke 690 manages around 22 kmpl.

I seriously doubt you will get 18 kmpl from the ST if you ride it like its built to be ridden.

Triumph's are not known for being frugal in fuel consumption in general, and even considering the ST has a much milder tune to the Daytona and the Speed Triple, it will still not give you sport tourer like figures.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 11:02   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

I really don't think you guys need to be so vocal about fuel economy. Heck, a 250, ridden like a 250 won't give better than 25, so why crib?

Tank range is altogether another topic, but only 1% of the bike buying populace would exhaust the tank on multiple occasions than themselves.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 11:03   #258
Senior - BHPian

There was a time Triumph had the INR pricing on their own website for the models that are to make it to India. That is no longer there which is some indication that they have pulled the plugged on their India plans. They were supposed to setup the factory somewhere on the outskirts of Bangalore too.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 11:57   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Triumph's are not known for being frugal in fuel consumption in general, and even considering the ST has a much milder tune to the Daytona and the Speed Triple, it will still not give you sport tourer like figures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I really don't think you guys need to be so vocal about fuel economy. Heck, a 250, ridden like a 250 won't give better than 25, so why crib?
Sheel, The question - Kitna deti hai ? is something entrenched in the Indian psyche and can't be done away with (remember the Maruti Suzuki adverts). I have been facing this question from 1984 - from the advent of RD 350 in India.

Nothing has changed even now with the lot of SBKs freely available in India and common sight on Indian city roads

ebonoh, The new gen Triumphs are not frugal in the real sense

On my Bonnie I get abour 18 kmpl - a range of 220 to 270 KM on a tank full depending on the nature of ride and way of ridding. STs and Daytonas in the group have a range of 200 - 250

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 22:26   #260
Senior - BHPian

This site stands out in misleading people and yet it runs successfully --> www.bikedekho.com

most incorrect information proudly put up! Are there no laws against misinformation?

Triumph Daytona
Expected launch Date : Mar 2013
Estimated Price : 7,00,000
-------------------------------
Triumph Speed
Expected launch Date : Apr 2013
Estimated Price : 8,00,000
Triumph Street Triple
Estimated Price : 5,75,000
------------------------------
Honda CBR600RR
Estimated Price : 6,00,000
Aprilia Caponord
Estimated Price : 4,00,000

--------------------------------
KTM RC8
Estimated Price : 16,00,000
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 22:33   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
This site stands out in misleading people and yet it runs successfully
Shubhankar Sir,
Bike dekho.com, zig wheels are all purely speculative websites. Do not heed them, unfortunately our cyber laws need to evolve and still in primitive stages...
Was rolling with laughter looking at those rates especially that of Apirila
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 22:37   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Shubhankar Sir,
Bike dekho.com, zig wheels are all purely speculative websites. Do not heed them, unfortunately our cyber laws need to evolve and still in primitive stages...
Was rolling with laughter looking at those rates especially that of Apirila

The Aprilia rate is what prompted me to post this. I thought I am fuzzy after coming here and in this cold gloomy day. Anybody in their sane sense of mind - would give a damn to these sites. But think of folks who rely on cyber information and are kept drooling. lol

Sorry folks to have taken the discussion a little off topic!
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 12:23   #263
Senior - BHPian

From Motoroids (by Deepak Dongre)

With the Yamaha 250 production waiting in the wings for 2014, Triumph has decided to join in the party in the same year with its 250cc offering.

Rudhy Siswanto, president director of PT Global Motorcycle Trading- the sole sub-distributor of Triumph in Indonesia, has confirmed that the 250cc will be produced at Triumph’s new factory at Nasrapur near Bangalore and would commence operations in 2014. He was quoted saying that Indian operations would focus on making small engines and plans to take the sales of their offering to Indonesian shores.

If this sounds music to our years, there is a bigger surprise in store. Though rumours assumed the 250 to be a single, Mr. Siswanto has confirmed that it will be a liquid cooled twin cylinder and would take on the likes of the Duke 200, CBR250R and the Ninja 250R. Talking on features he said that the 250cc Triumph will sport single headlight and not twin lights like the Triple range. The ergonomics will concentrate more for a comfortable riding position than sporty considering the average heighted Asian rider.

Pricing is slated to be in the region of US$ 6700-7200 for the Indonesian market which translates to approximate INR 3,50,000 to 4,00,000. Considering localization and subtracting the logistics and tax levies on the Indonesian price, we’d expect it to be much cheaper.

Bring it on Triumph!
ebonho is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 14:09   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post

Bring it on Triumph!
This is music as you rightly said. Will ensure that I make regular bi-monthly rides to Narsapur to watch the progress myself Not too far from my place must be around 100 kms but the 4 laners are a delight to ride the bikes.

Thanks Ebonho
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 14:51   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
This is music as you rightly said. Will ensure that I make regular bi-monthly rides to Narsapur to watch the progress myself Not too far from my place must be around 100 kms but the 4 laners are a delight to ride the bikes.

Thanks Ebonho
Actually the bring it on part was part of the article pasted but I agree - bring it on.

But bring it fast and bring it competitive.

Not something I am looking forward to as I am already riding a Duke 200.

Its the 390 and in Enduro trim I am wholeheartedly bring it onning for.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 15:32   #266
BHPian

Aprilia Caponord

I doubt they will get the Aprilia Caponord for the price mentioned. It's a 1200cc motorcycle & will annihilate the market if it's introduced at 4lakhs INR.
mb_jg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 18:19   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Aprilia Caponord

I doubt they will get the Aprilia Caponord for the price mentioned. It's a 1200cc motorcycle & will annihilate the market if it's introduced at 4lakhs INR.
a 1200 cc (that too an Aprilia for that price?) - Its just a typo bro - They must've missed a few zero's
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 16:13   #268
BANNED

One of my colleague who is interested in buying a street/speed triple got the below mentioned reply on inquiring with Triupmh, not really encouraging.

Quote:
Sent: 11 January 2013 06:38
To: India Enquires
Subject: Enquiry for Street Triple

hi,

its been almost a year that i enquired about street triple launch in india. i was informed that probable launch date will be July 2012. can you please update what is the updated launch date.

I also wanted to check if street triple motorcycle due for launch in india will be latest model or it will be the old dual exhaust model?

abhishek

From: India Enquires <customer-enquiries-india@triumph.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 12:59:21
To: <u_abhishek@******.com>
Subject: RE: Enquiry for Street Triple

Hi Abhisek,

Thanks for your email. We will be launching later this year, when dealerships are in place and we can guarantee the right level of support for the customers of our bikes. Please bear with us whilst we do this, once that happens we will be making the relevant announcements on bookings and deliveries.

Thank you for your patience and interest in Triumph Motorcycles.

Best regards

India Enquiries

Triumph Motorcycles Limited
Hinckley
Leicestershire
LE10 3BS
United Kingdom
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 12:37   #269
Senior - BHPian

Got info from following link that triumph might start accepting booking from march 2013 onwards.
http://www.bikewale.com/news/142-tri...arch-2013.html
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 21:28   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Got info from following link that triumph might start accepting booking from march 2013 onwards...
That article was posted in early December, and it seems like they're just speculating like all the other auto blogs on the internet. Not one person has credible evidence to support their claims and the fact that Triumph keeps saying 'later this year' doesn't instil confidence either..
sarsh11 is offline   Reply With Quote