Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 18th September 2014, 16:52   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Anyways the price is tempting and the bike looks fabulous
Well , they have undercut Harley by couple of thousands but I think quality of chrome & leather on Harley looks better .

Quote:
Triumph you have struck an axe on your own foot
Sorry , I am not able to understand this ? means they should not produce anything which looks similar to Harley ??
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 17:14   #1247
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Sorry , I am not able to understand this ? means they should not produce anything which looks similar to Harley ??
Why would any company want to produce anything that looks like its competitor which is much more popular than itself in the market? Everyone strives to be unique.

Btw, it was just to supplement on humour by Haroon and meant in lighter vein
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 17:16   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Well , they have undercut Harley by couple of thousands but I think quality of chrome & leather on Harley looks better .
Ofcourse, I dont know which HD model you are referring to but with floorboards, windshield, saddlebags etc, I would compare it to a Heritage Softail or standard Fatboy (adding the windshield, saddlebags, sissy bar/rack etc extra) and the difference is only Rs 2,000??

Last edited by Haroon : 18th September 2014 at 17:17.
Haroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 17:20   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
On this LT model, for the retro cruiser style I agree the spoke wheels blend well with the bike, but for touring practicality & with absence of center stand, I would prefer alloy wheels with tubeless tires. Anyways the price is tempting and the bike looks fabulous . Just that aam janatha may at times compliment you with the comment 'Nice Harley'
Very true Haroon. But the practicality - as you know these are "US" specials and cutout for the long straight roads, which are well paved. Hence, the spectre of puncture is remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
...Iam sure this itself is a good reason for shying away from buying this bike

Triumph you have struck an axe on your own foot
Not really - I don't know about India, in rest of the world, there are tons of people who just hate the unfortunate negative cult image created/associated with the other brand in question in particular and the country of origin in general. This bike I believe is targeted at such groups (along with Rocket, America etc.).

Then there is another group who hates all these (western) brands and that is the customer base of the legendary Urals

I have a feeling that in India, they are just testing the waters to get a feel of the customer reception of big ones.

These are just my views and not intended to offend any one

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 18:01   #1250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why would any company want to produce anything that looks like its competitor which is much more popular than itself in the market? Everyone strives to be unique.
Yes , maybe Triumph wants to take away some customers of Harley market by offering similar products & going by number of cruisers they are adding in lineup overseas its clear that they are targeting same segment .
Quote:
I dont know which HD model you are referring to but with floorboards, windshield, saddlebags etc, I would compare it to a Heritage Softail
Softail of-course , even I was little confused on converting my booking of Storm for a while but without alloys - Nope

Quote:
But the practicality - as you know these are "US" specials and cutout for the long straight roads, which are well paved. Hence, the spectre of puncture is remote.
Very true

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th September 2014 at 18:03.
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 19:58   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Just that aam janatha may at times compliment you with the comment 'Nice Harley'
True. Infact that has already happened to me a while ago. That too looking at my Bonneville!!!
argchoff is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 21:36   #1252
BHPian

I guess this bike will pull lot of crowd who are upgrading from maybe a sportster into a bigger cruiser and definitely a good bet against fat bob with a bike that is a look alike of fat boy or an heritage classic. But again, it is a look alike and is not a fat boy. so people wanting to go for a fat boy or heritage classic may still stick with it. Having said that this is an amazing move by Triumph and looking forward to see how it does against Indian Scout which is much cheaper and may be little better looking (in my view) then this one.

The only question is how soon will Indian expand their base in India as lot of prospective buyers may be moving towards other brands due lack of service / support in other parts of India.
Dust_Harl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 21:57   #1253
Team-BHP Support

Thumbs down Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

It been close to 20 days of me paying the booking amount, even the loan process is technically over. I have been following up with the sales guy at Keerthi Triumph, almost on a daily basis now, with absolutely no updates. I had given flexibility with regards to color options also if they are able to get an earlier delivery.

I am not very happy with the whole experience now! So much so.... that i am going to do a test ride of the Z800 this weekend and let us see.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2014, 10:36   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
It been close to 20 days of me paying the booking amount, even the loan process is technically over. I have been following up with the sales guy at Keerthi Triumph, almost on a daily basis now, with absolutely no updates. I had given flexibility with regards to color options also if they are able to get an earlier delivery.

I am not very happy with the whole experience now! So much so.... that i am going to do a test ride of the Z800 this weekend and let us see.
What was the waiting period that the folks at Keerthi committed to? I hope you stick to your original choice even if you have to wait a few more days because I am sure you did arrive at the decision to go with Triumph after a lot of research and soul searching. 5 years from now these extra few days are probably not going to matter, right?
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2014, 11:10   #1255
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I think the Bangalore guys can take a leaf out of Hyderabad dealerships book and learn how to treat customers.

I get emails of events and a nice girl calls also to inform of rides happening whenever Rebel arranges despite getting that invitation on whatsapp and facebook

Whenever i visit the showroom, i come back after riding a few test ride bikes ( just to pass my time while waiting)....Tell me which dealership will allow that?

I reckon we are lucky to have a good experience !!!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2014, 11:18   #1256
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I think the Bangalore guys can take a leaf out of Hyderabad dealerships book and learn how to treat customers.
It is not a dealer issue, it is supply demand issue Dealer is trying their best, but unless they get news of dispatch how will they commit?

Atleast that is what i understand.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th September 2014 at 11:52.
Old 20th September 2014, 23:04   #1257
Team-BHP Support

Red face Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
What was the waiting period that the folks at Keerthi committed to?
Keerthi folks are extra sweet, my set of friends have already purchased 3 Bonnie's from them and they try their level best to help. I want this to be very clear to all. Samarth as well as Jaikanth and rest of team has always tried to help with everything.

In my specific case the issue is demand and supply; unlike a bonie or thruxston, striple has crazy waiting period. Infact the lady who called me first said 90 days, this is well before i signed up. That way i would say i respect them for being honest. Chennai and Cochin also has some 5 customers each waiting, which is what i got to know through few other friends. Now my gripe is why can't the manufacturer speed up its inventory and roll out an exclusive run so that this back log is cleared? They are launching new models, instead this would need just 1 to 2 days of production run. Yes the kits have to land, that is a different story. But why keep the customers waiting, i don't think anywhere else in the world one has such waiting period for bikes.

Anyway un-related to the earlier venting out, my sales contact at Keerthi called me today morning and informed me that they have finally managed to get some info on a consignment that should be getting processed by next week. Color i might have to compromise but i am ok with it. 10k i know i can paint any shade Went to the showroom and completed the loan agreement etc so that i needn't worry about running across the city on a week day.

Right now keeping fingers crossed and arranging for the down payment (my end of payment) to be made to Keerthi Triumph.

ps: I have to personally thank one well wisher who has been helping me by follow ups etc, without even asking or my knowledge. I don't want to reveal the name, but you know who you are and thank you sir!
Old 21st September 2014, 11:09   #1258
Team-BHP Support

http://www.andhraheadlines.com/news/...e-up-for-grabs

who hires such media writers and more importantly who vets such articles?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 12:43   #1259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
who hires such media writers and more importantly who vets such articles?
Looks "Triumph " will be one of Harley models in India Just can't wait for delivery of my storm sitting at Dealership due to certain registration formalities :(

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st September 2014 at 12:47.
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2014, 20:14   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Finally picked the bike , initial observations -

Suits my built , suspension far superior than Super Low and engine much stronger . I went for a quick ride in city , despite evening traffic with around 40 km driven nothing like extra hot or anything which can be termed uncomfortable .

Few queries :

Need to press Clutch much more than Harley - maybe some setting or ?

While driving straight handle bars & Indicators feels tilted towards right I will try to click some photo for better explanation is it normal ?

Some Sound from engine like something from Crank shaft specially while accelerating or de-accelerating - is it normal in running in ?
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-1.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-3.jpg  

Turbanator is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote