Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 25th April 2015, 13:43   #1351
BHPian

Angry Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
Their products are good, and Bonnie's no exception but triumph's attitude towards its customers is getting to be annoying and unacceptable. Apparently the 'dealer' is going to issue me a letter of explanation and not Triumph.
I love bonnie for its refinement and practicality for every day use, however their customer engagement process is very bad and IMO borders on callous attitude towards customers here. If this continues Triumph is sure to go Ducati way due to mismanagement.
rm_arjuna is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2015, 15:28   #1352
BHPian

Default Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Did some net research and found out this link on the triumph US website, so not sure how accurate the result is. It is a recall checker which can be used by entering the VIN number of the bike to see if there are any recalls. Mine shows NO RECALLS.
If this is to be believed then Triumph needs to explain through media announcement or website the reason for change of exhausts and not via dealer that too verbally.
There have been new emission norms in India time to time but i do not recall Ford or Maruti calling me to change the exhausts of my car
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-triumph-recall-search.jpg  

argchoff is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2015, 15:28   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
Their products are good, and Bonnie's no exception but triumph's attitude towards its customers is getting to be annoying and unacceptable. Apparently the 'dealer' is going to issue me a letter of explanation and not Triumph.
Argchoff, exactly my sentiment. Triumph makes wonderful products but the management running th show in India are a bunch of jokers. I was so frustrated with them that i have boycotted the rides organised by Triumph iin Delhi. Not that they would give 2 hoots about what I think about them.
Sting is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2015, 19:25   #1354
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Its really disappointing to know that premium bike industries (from dominant players like triumph, kawasaki) creates such fiasco's in our country even though they are doing really well here. We recently heard on service issues from few ninja 300 owners too on negligence on response and service. Are such incidents that common in the car industry too in India ?
pratap.pratu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 20:11   #1355
BHPian

Looks like Triumph is revealing the new bonneville variant in november this year. Rumours afoot across a few motorcycle websites that this will be a liquid cooled 1100cc bike that would eventually phase out the 865 aircooled bike. But then it might just be a cosmetic upgrade with new colour schemes on the existing mill.....waiting for november
argchoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 20:30   #1356
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's a teaser video from Triumph. The official international launch of the new Bonneville is on 28th Oct 2015.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th October 2015 at 20:31. Reason: Removing URL tags from youtube link. Simply paste the complete URL here and it will embed itself in the post. Thanks!
//M is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 11:10   #1357
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Beckham on New Water-Cooled 1100cc Triumph

Source: Motorcycle-USA

Quote:
Thanks to supposed “spy photos” circulating around the internet it’s no secret that Triumph has been working on a water-cooled Parallel Twin said to be for the new iteration of the Bonneville that will reportedly supplant the 865cc Triumphs. The motorcycle Beckham is shown with features upgraded suspension, from an upside-down fork to remote reservoir Ohlins shocks. Braking is bolstered by dual discs up front with Brembo radial calipers. The tail section is pared-down considerably while the front is outfitted with café-style bars. Internet reports state the new Bonneville will come in both “Standard” and “R” versions, so we anticipate Triumph will offer one with a “standard” bar configuration as well. The cut-out tank looks to hold a bit more fuel.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-triumphbonnneville1100.jpg  

//M is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 12:05   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
I love bonnie for its refinement and practicality for every day use, however their customer engagement process is very bad and IMO borders on callous attitude towards customers here. If this continues Triumph is sure to go Ducati way due to mismanagement.
slightly OT ut this is what separates all other marques from HD. Sure their service is expensive but dealer engagement, at least in Gurgaon, is top notch. No wonder they sell at least 2 bikes everyday on average!
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 12:11   #1359
BHPian

My guess is Triumph will introduce this as a classic in between the existing 865cc Bonnie and the 1700 cc TB. Maybe a competitor to the 48 hd? Phasing out the 865 cc doesn't make sense since it might effectively mean there's no competitor to the 883 HDs. But I could be proven completely wrong!

On paper the new model seems to be a wonderful product. Will be keen to see the pricing.

Cheers,
Sting
Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 15:42   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
When i had gone to book the Bonneville A3 (sept-14) the ex showroom Delhi price was Rs 5.68 lacs, when i took the delivery in Dec 14 the price increased to Rs 5.85 lacs. The price from the article seems to be Rs. 5.99 lacs.

Haven't tracked the prices for other models.
The price stated on the website is now Rs 6.2 lacs.

Cheers,
Sting
Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 14:24   #1361
BHPian

Keerthi Triumph had a stall set up in Phoenix Market City, Bangalore over the weekend and they have a pretty interesting offer on the Speed Triple. If you have a superbike and
1. Sell it to a third party and show the dealership the transfer papers or
2. Use Keerthi Triumph to sell your bike at an agreed upon price
and you get a Rs 50,000 discount on the Speed Triple!

I checked, the offer applies on the Continental GT. Now if only they extend it to the XR .....
neil.jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 15:58   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Keerthi Triumph had a stall set up in Phoenix Market City, Bangalore over the weekend and they have a pretty interesting offer on the Speed Triple. If you have a superbike and
1. Sell it to a third party and show the dealership the transfer papers or
2. Use Keerthi Triumph to sell your bike at an agreed upon price
and you get a Rs 50,000 discount on the Speed Triple!

I checked, the offer applies on the Continental GT. Now if only they extend it to the XR .....
The offer is there probably to clear up the existing stock of Speed Triple before the new one is launched early next year. It is smart on Triumph's part to offer a discount before the year ends as the customers would expect a higher discount as soon as the year changes (and rightly so).

I doubt the offer would be extended to the Tiger as the bike isn't going to get any major update for 2016. The Bonneville range might get the offer soon though as the new range will come next year

Also, is it flat 50k off or 50k worth of accessories free?
amansanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 16:40   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
The offer is there probably to clear up the existing stock of Speed Triple before the new one is launched early next year.
Appears so, I liked the flexibility the scheme offered. At least some thought has gone into it.

Quote:
I doubt the offer would be extended to the Tiger as the bike isn't going to get any major update for 2016.
More of wishful thinking from my side than anything else.

Quote:
Also, is it flat 50k off or 50k worth of accessories free?
Flat Rs 50K off is what he said. For the record, here is the flier I got via email on the same.

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-slide3.jpg
neil.jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 16:43   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Appears so, I liked the flexibility the scheme offered. At least some thought has gone into it.

More of wishful thinking from my side than anything else.

Flat Rs 50K off is what he said. For the record, here is the flier I got via email on the same.
Definitely. It is a good scheme for someone considering a 1000cc street naked motorcycle.

I also saw a similar flier. The words "upgrade bonus" is what confused me as to whether this is a cash discount or not. Thanks for clearing the doubt.
amansanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2015, 21:21   #1365
BHPian

The starting price for the Street Twin has been announced at around $8700 (Rs 5,80,172), what price can we expect in India also do we know if the ground clearance has been increased in the new model.
bhogalrajnish is offline   Reply With Quote