Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 11th July 2011, 11:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Meet the first woman to buy a Harley-Davidson in India!

Good PR done by the HD guys; making the most of an opportunity and it results in great publicity for them!

I hope her kid wears a helmet if he is hitching a ride to school

Last edited by selfdrive : 11th July 2011 at 11:34.
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 12:11   #32
BHPian

The Times of India writeup -

Bangalore woman tames Harley-Davidson - Times Of India

"Though there are other superbikes available in India, I always dreamed of owning what I firmly believe is the ultimate superbike: a Harley-Davidson," she says.

Recompose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 20:05   #33
BHPian

^ everyones got their POV and here is mine : im sure any husband would be happy knowing that his wife is safer riding a HD, than a ZX10R

anyway guys i think we are going too far in our analysis - from her arms to her tatoo , to her husband , to her parking , etc - lets just do wat we are supposed to do - appreciate the brave lady and her braver husband and analyze the bike !

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 11th July 2011 at 20:09.
2StrokeJunkie is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 16:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

No helmet for the kiddo.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 16:20   #35
BHPian

Smile Re: Meet the first woman to buy a Harley-Davidson in India!

there's no pillion seat in the pics earlier - where is the pillion rider sitting at the end of that video?

Last edited by bblost : 13th July 2011 at 16:24. Reason: Please do not quote with embedded video. Thanks.
pachchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 19:20   #36
BHPian

My .02 cents
HD might have given a pillion seat just for the vid shoot
shrini78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 22:38   #37
BHPian

Thumbs down Re: Meet the first woman to buy a Harley-Davidson in India!

carrying your kid on the tank with no lid, one hard braking and the kid will be flying off . she doesnt seem much of a biker to me , more like some poser who wants to portray the harley rider image good pr for harley though
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 01:30   #38

I have a feeling the reporter was sitting on the slight extension the single seat has!
JuggernauTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 07:59   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
carrying your kid on the tank with no lid, one hard braking and the kid will be flying off . she doesnt seem much of a biker to me , more like some poser who wants to portray the harley rider image good pr for harley though

Although I am a ATGATT rider and do not encourage others riding without gear, lets give her a break. She has just bought the bike and probably some new gear/helmets etc may be on its way. Besides, with press people landing at your door and they may only want to do a few runs for the camera around your block (talking from my own experience), lets give her a benefit of doubt.

Congrats to Mrs Sheeja and from her style of riding, you can tell she definitely knows how to ride. Afterall she is already onto a RD350 & drag racing so I think it is too extreme calling her a poser.

Last edited by Haroon : 14th July 2011 at 08:10.
Haroon is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 08:07   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggernauTT View Post
I have a feeling the reporter was sitting on the slight extension the single seat has!
It actually reminded me of the ad that was recently launched by VIP "Swalpa Adjust Maadi".
No Pun intended but looks like she has captured the imagination of media who these days dont have much work to do rather than concentrate on such feats.

Could not get the Hindi Ad :(

Mods if this is not in the right taste please delete this post.

Last edited by ku69rd : 14th July 2011 at 08:17.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 10:34   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Although I am a ATGATT rider and do not encourage others riding without gear, lets give her a break. She has just bought the bike and probably some new gear/helmets etc may be on its way. Besides, with press people landing at your door and they may only want to do a few runs for the camera around your block (talking from my own experience), lets give her a benefit of doubt.

Congrats to Mrs Sheeja and from her style of riding, you can tell she definitely knows how to ride. Afterall she is already onto a RD350 & drag racing so I think it is too extreme calling her a poser.
haroon she claims to have been riding bikes for 10 years so still not bought a decent lid and some gear ? . children's helmets are also available now at quite a lot of places in india . see the video and you see her riding on undivided roads with oncoming traffic .
Mr. Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 10:42   #42
Senior - BHPian

Lets just give her a break guys.We have ridden to the local ration shops without helmets too.And we must also remember that we used to ride our papa's scooters standing in the front without a helmet too.(Wasn't that an awesome ride). So chill guys.Moreover these Press guys have weird demands.They might have asked her to have a helmet in which they can see her face and all.And then since she was to get on national TV she must have thought why not take my son along.You don't get these chances everyday. Who knows maybe she never takes her son along otherwise. She's a mother first and she'll know how to take care of her child.So give her a break and take the moment to congratulate her for breaking the barrier so that we may have more lady riders in the future riding big bikes.

Kudos to you lady!!
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 10:58   #43
BHPian

Good to see women interested in bikes among other automobiles as well.

Delhi has its own share of women bikers. Our automotive club has 34 members as on date. 11 are women with 4 being only bikers. 1 out of them hails from my hometown Dehradun.

We used to feel and be treated like outcasts 20 years ago. Now the scene is completely different. Thanks to forums like T-BHP where women motoring enthusiasts can discuss wheels on an equal platform.

Good going lady. Keep it up. The Harley Davidson is sure one cool bike to own.
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 23:19   #44

Would like to see more women on roads with such bikes !!
gud4nothin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 09:00   #45
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday's Times Crest edition had an article on six women in India who are ardent riders. Quite heartwarming indeed to see some women break the mould, specially the case of one lady in Chandigarh who started riding the bullet in late 70s!
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote