Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 10th February 2006, 03:20   #1

Default What's e1's insight on the Kymco Venox?

Do ya get it over there? (am from Mexico), how much does it cost there (in here is 52000 pesos, or 2.19lakh), how's it working for u, in case anyone owns it... In here it has had great acceptance, but only on paper, cuz nobody has enough to dish so much money for a 250 bike, although is quite flashy and with nice specs (such as liquid-cooling and a great looking V-twin engine). I like it since it gives the look of a much bigger bike, though it's engine aren't on par with those bikes, but anyway, I don't want a 190kg-250cc bike doing 200km/h, if it gets to 120 or 130 relaxed, then I'm fine with it... I got roughed up doing 60km/h, so I'm no longer that reckless (for the moment, hehehehee, perhaps I can regain confidence later)...

Well, in case no one's heard about the Venox, here it is

http://www.kymco.com/us/showroom/mot...sp?intInfoID=6

(bear in mind that, even though is a bike of chinese origin (Taiwan) it has had great reviews in usa, spain, etc, for its performance, look, and stability)

Saludos
El Alef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 03:54   #2
BHPian

It's not available here in India...but looks gr8....although a bit pricy
gr8guzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 06:48   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks good but too much money for a 250. The Hyosung Aquila 250 after all the taxes came up to only 1.3 lakhs.

How much does the Eliminator/Avenger cost over there.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 13:23   #4

Hey guys

Actually the Venox began costing almost 60000 pesos (2.53lakh) but now dropped to 52000 (2.19lakh), but owners from usa and Spain say it's well worth it, since it has the size and look of a much bigger bike (some riders thought it was a minimum 750cc bike, while other assured it was a 1000cc, but were amazed to realize it was only a 250). It's heavy (190kg), no doubt (compared to the Yamaha Virago 250's 137kg) but it does have some nice figures regarding performance: top speed of 145 to 150km/h (rivaling the Yamaha V-star650! -but half the price of that one, and better mileage), nice acceleration despite its mass, but best of all, its handling, especially on open roads, its weight gives you confidence when strong winds or passing trucks move you... I've been thinking of this bike for almost a year, but my thoughts got mixed by the plsr250's announcement. I'm not sure if I want a lightweight-sporty 250, or a massive-cruiser. Venox in Spain has been a tremendous success, since over there is waaaaaaaaay cheaper than in Mexico, with all the features. I guess if it got more popular in the usa (it is, but not spectacularly, since people over there love it, but turn around when knowing is a 250, you know americans, they cannot ride anything smaller than 500cc), it would drop the price even more here in Mexico. The 2006 Venox costs almost the same as the honda NX4 Falcon (a double purpose 400cc). The thing is, if you fall in love with the Venox's design, look, simplicity (as your truly has), you do what you can to get it, I've been saving (but also hoping it drops a bit more) to get it, I've done lots and lots of review searches on it, and still I'm very undecided, which 250, the Plsr or the Venox. I'll leave 2 more pics of it to see if you fall...

By the way, the Avenger is at 26000 pesos (1.09lakh) and my Elim cost me 28113 last year (1.18lakh)
El Alef is offline   Reply With Quote