Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 25th July 2011, 08:08   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Biggest dilemma of my life : Hyosung GT650R or Kawasaki Ninja 650R?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishabh.asthana View Post
will be going there on this coming weekend and will make the booking then and there
As far as I have read, bookings for Ninja 650 are currently closed till they roll out bikes for existing bookings, you might have to hold on to your dream a li'l bit longer
salunkhe.vizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 23:20   #17
gou
BHPian

Rishabh,

Most of the people here are suggesting you to make a practical choice. That's most appropriate thing to do. But tell me when a person thinks of buying such a bike, is he really trying to be practical? IMO - No. When a person thinks of buying such a (costly) bike which is out of reach of most people he wants pure fun. So, my friend I would suggest you to go where your heart really is.

Just ask yourself - why do you want to buy such a bike? Of course, traffic in Bangalore is not the reason why you want to buy such a bike? Then why the traffic be the reason for your bike selection? May be you want a bike which can give you all the fun you need in just 2-3 kms of Intermediate Ring Road. I know TD would be difficult to get but that normally is the best bet.

So I am not suggesting any of these bikes, as I have not driven either of these. What I am giving you is just my two cents to ponder on. Keep us informed about your decision
gou is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 23:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

I am in the same dilemma as you, had a TD of Hyosung GT650R and i liked the bike but whoever i ask or tell about my decision, everyone says its a crap bike etc.

At present am totally confused, i cant wait for 6-7 months for Ninja 650R, nor do i really like that bike. GT650R needs to prove its mettle for sure. Am so very lost, might just pick a Ninja 250R and enjoy and then wait for the ZX6R.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 08:17   #19
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gou View Post
Most of the people here are suggesting you to make a practical choice. That's most appropriate thing to do. But tell me when a person thinks of buying such a bike, is he really trying to be practical? IMO - No. When a person thinks of buying such a (costly) bike which is out of reach of most people he wants pure fun.
Just curious...why he should not be practical even if he is buying an expensive product? For some, buying a tourer instead of a track machine is practical to them and vice versa depending on their needs. Here practical being what suits the need and has a blend of heart and head thingy . I know friends who are sticking to their Ninja 250s even though they can afford the 650s because they like what the 250 offers them and suits their riding needs to the core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
whoever i ask or tell about my decision, everyone says its a crap bike etc.
With the Hyosung, more than the product its the after sales which should be worrying.

Looks like a 650 buyer will have to wait in either case - waiting time for the Kawa and the product settling time for Hyosung (IMO though)
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:32   #20
BHPian

Smile Re: Biggest dilemma of my life : Hyosung GT650R or Kawasaki Ninja 650R?

Why not Harley super low? It’s a nice for long distance touring motorcycle, comes with Harley ownership experience, unbeatable price and very distinct from the rest of the breed. You already owned 150cc to 200cc bikes [these are the best for city driving.. so keep one of it] and try something different.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd August 2011 at 16:52. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy pasting from external font editors. Also do a preview before submitting posts. Thank
NikhilReddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 23:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
With the Hyosung, more than the product its the after sales which should be worrying.
More than the after sales, what i as a prospective buyer would be worried about is if this company would even last here. Yes their plans of introducing a GT250 etc are good but if the sales numbers arent good, they wont take time to pack up and go back.

5L is a huge amount to be spent on a bike and it is like every morning i am scratching my head on what to do.
Quote:
Looks like a 650 buyer will have to wait in either case - waiting time for the Kawa and the product settling time for Hyosung (IMO though)
Bingo, Ninja 650R doesnt interest me, no am not a tourer and i dont like the upright seating position because i wont be doing long tours on my bike, its a super refined bike and the only way a Hyosung buyer would go to Ninja650 is because of the uncertainty over how long Garware-Hyosung last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilReddy View Post
Why not Harley super low?
Good option for few. For those like me who are young at 20 years old, Harley isnt exciting enough, there are just too limited options now.

One has to go with either of them because then there are no good options available, wish we had an I-4 from Yamaha, Honda in 6-6.5 bracket.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 17:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
was not able to visit the showroom cause of some personal problems :( but now i am getting more and more inclined towards Ninja, will be going there on this coming weekend and will make the booking then and there
Hey Rishabh,

So were you able to solve the biggest dilemma of your life? Which bike you booked / bought? Let us know if there's an addition of a Kwacker or a Korean on this forum.
SankalpDesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 22:12   #23
BHPian

Glad to see u went with the logical choice (IMHO). The Kawa should give you tons of fun.
akshayasok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2012, 02:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
was not able to visit the showroom cause of some personal problems :( but now i am getting more and more inclined towards Ninja, will be going there on this coming weekend and will make the booking then and there
Nice choice finally Rishabh. Did you book it/get the delivery? Or did you go the Hyosung way all of a sudden

Waiting to hear from you
bluenicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2012, 20:28   #25
BHPian

Please let us know what the current waiting time for 650r delivery is.
jalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 18:50   #26
BHPian

Default Hyosung GT650R Latest updates??

Hello People (Bikers)

I've been considering buying the Hyosung GT650R motorcycle for a while and have been following the threads posted by some other team-bhpians here.

I've personally ridden the bike here in Hyderabad and i would rate it as a great buy for the price they're offering it at. My concern is that for the last few months only "Melroy" and "coolboy" are the ones talking about the bike. Seems to me that they're only people who have bought it. I've not seen a lot of discussions around this bike. I'm a kind of person who does a lot of research and loves to read feedback and reviews.

My question is: What is the general opinion the of indian motorcycling janta about Hyosung? What kind of sales have they achieved so far? I have to admit, they're branding / marketing is zilch...no adverts anywhere :( . After they're last episode, are they serious about getting back in business?

Please do share your thoughts.
FJhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 19:10   #27
BANNED

Default Re: Hyosung GT650R Latest updates??

Wait for the new 2012 ninja 650 and buy it. It should not be long before it is launched. Forget the GT650R/N/W/X/Y. If you spending money it should be on a quality product.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 19:17   #28
Senior - BHPian

I would not put my money on something that is not commonly available ,no so good built ,service is poor , reliability is in question and looks are subjective .But it does not look good . Long term player in market ?

Wait for few months and get a honda ,yam or ninja 600 .Or get the triumph stable .
black12rr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 19:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

FJ hustler -
Now that my name was mentioned here i might as well pen down a few words about the concerns and reliability etc.

As for the ownership reviews, many others have bought the bike but team bhp is primarily a car forum and thats why the motorbikes section lacks interest and we have another forum for bikes ( i wont mention the name obviously) where you will have extensive ownership reviews. Even the Ninja 650R would hardly have 1 or 2 ownership threads running here.

Now for the bike - this bike does have reliability issues. I havent faced something which could have left me stranded but i have heard from a couple of owners that rectifier is conking off in a lot of GT's which wont charge the battery and thus the self start wont work which can leave you stranded.

The service centre in my area has been very helpful with warranty claims as well as patient enough to listen to all my complaints and working on them.
I had tank discoloration in my GT and the warranty claim was approved as well as part is here in 1 month so you are your best judge.

GT 650 does have quality issues with some parts and i havent clocked significant miles to give a long term view - you can say i am also on the test mode but so far all is good, Garware people have been really helpful and rest only time will tell.

Go have a test ride and please go with your heart - spending 5-6 Lacs on a bike which you wont be able to take everywhere, which will roast yours nuts in traffic isnt at all practical but every sunday ride on this non practical decision will plaster a smile on your face which will keep you charged till next week.

If you can increase your budget go for the daytona 675 which will cost some where around 7.5-8.0 on road or wait for 2012 Ninja 650 but seeing how Bajaj is be prepared to wait a lot, Yamaha R6 or Honda 600 arent coming anytime soon so if you can then patiently wait.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 3rd February 2012 at 19:53.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote