Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 17th February 2006, 22:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default 2 lakh Rs Superbike options

Hey Guys, I am not a bike freak, however ever since I was in college in States I always wanted to buy a good sports bike, since I dont have a build to drive a cruiser. In any case, after settling down now, I feel time is about right for me to buy a bike for my leisure. I plan to use it mostly on highways and dont care if the bike is second hand. I dont think I have the money for a superbike, but I have 2 lakh rupees to spare, and wanted to know what are my options, and if they are worth it? What sort of bike can I get in this money and what kinda of power will it have on tap. I have looked at the superbike lookalikes thread and really like the work the chap did, but just look and no power doesnt make sense to me, unless that guy has done some performance mods as well. So let me know your opinion guys, if you feel this kinda of money wont do no good, than I can postpone this plan. Only problem is that when I start thinking about 5 - 6 lakh bike, than I feel I could rather buy a car in that. As 2 lakhs is max I can stretch with my mental block!
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2006, 22:44   #2
BHPian

Two lakhs is too little for a SBK................Correct me people If I am wrong.

Trust me I had a cbr 400 Aero 1991 Model and the pains that Bike has Given me .........................You cant even think about it. Although the power in that wake was like Massive if you are comparing any Indian Bike.But then I have pushed the bike all over Bombay.............Ask Jonny and he'll tell you........ Finally I sacked her off

Now I have a ZX-6 and I am so happy with it ; Especially that I dont have to keep pushing the Bike around

And if you are not a Bike freak then I think you should go in for a Car If that suits your needs.........
Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2006, 23:43   #3
Team-BHP Support

2 lakhs, m,aybe a little more here and there could have you riding an early 90's gixxer 750, 110 bhp to your disposal. maybe a decent superfour with i think 50 odd bhp could be possible as well.
oh yeaa apart from these you could find a whole lotta junk niggling bikes as well.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2006, 01:02   #4
BHPian

If you want peace of mind, reliabilty and after sales service check if the COMET is still available.. Although makin jus 27odd bhps i feel its enough for Indian roads.. You would avoid the hassels and complications in maintaining a second hand 400cc+ bike.

Good second hand COMETS would be available at around 1.25k if u wanna save up !!
ThE_DoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2006, 01:38   #5
BHPian

But Still a Comet is a Comet................cant be compared to even a 250; Like a TZR will Ripp the comet. But yes for the budget and Hassle free riding it should be a good option. Although I was not too happy after riding one.
Old 22nd February 2006, 00:51   #6
BHPian

What about buying a RD350 and modifying it?

I saw a pulsar 180 modded to look like a superbike at the bangalore auto show
The cost of the mod came upto around 40k. So you can definitely modify the 350 with your budget, if you are happy with ist power that is.
rameshspassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2006, 01:26   #7
BHPian

whats the cost of comet .on road
dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2006, 02:05   #8
BHPian

i think close to 2L in mumbai
buzzin_hornets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2006, 06:58   #9
BHPian

how will a comet look wit good classyy kind fairings
dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2006, 00:30   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshspassion
What about buying a RD350 and modifying it?

I saw a pulsar 180 modded to look like a superbike at the bangalore auto show
The cost of the mod came upto around 40k. So you can definitely modify the 350 with your budget, if you are happy with ist power that is.
with you totally.

You will get quite the amount of power and Will not be too heavy on your pockets.

But before buying one make sure that the bike is good in all aspects. Take a friend along who has knowledge of bikes.....Cause a wrong RD can be like a White Elephant.