Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 7th September 2011, 07:01   #16
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: PICS : Aprilia Showroom in Pune!

The deal doesn't stop at Aprilia for Piaggio:

Quote:
After starting limited-volume import of its Aprilia range early this year, the company is now considering a full-fledged motorcycle business in India, by bringing in other brands like Derbi, Gilera and Moto Guzzi. "We are carrying out a detailed feasibility study of the Indian motorcycle market to explore its potential and understand how we should enter, if we decide to do so," Ravi Chopra, CMD of Piaggio Vehicles India, told TOI here.
More on this link.

And I stand corrected. Aprilia is officially here. Surprised that they did not have an 'official launch' event.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 09:15   #17
BHPian

Anyone speak to the dealers and get prices? Or they are are they to be announced later?
maverhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 13:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,
An excerpt from a link,
Piaggio Vehicles Pvt Ltd – the Indian subsidiary of Piaggio & C s.p.a. of Italy, has unveiled its superbike Aprilia RSV4 FACTORY in India. With this, Piaggio’s is all set to get pulses racing and the adrenaline pumping for aficionados of racing bikes. Aprilia has been a part of the Piaggio Group since 2004 and is celebrated as the benchmark for street legal superbikes. Aprilia which unveiled the RSV4 in India has launched all the variants of the same which include: RSV4, RSV4 R, RSV4 APRC and the top of the line RSV4 Factory.
The engine of the Aprilia RSV4 FACTORY is the most innovative and powerful that Aprilia has ever built. Its super compact 180 HP, 999.6 cc, 65? V-four cylinder engine is designed for maximum power and uses ride-by-wire multimap technology that opens up new frontiers in engine management, with infinite possibilities for further development. The engine also sports a sophisticated electronic injection system with 2 injectors and adjustable height ducts for superior performance. Other models launched are Mana 850 priced at Rs. 10.50 lakhs, Mana 850 ABS priced at Rs. 10.75 lakhs, Mana 850 GP ABS priced at Rs. 11 lakhs, Dorsoduro 1200 priced at Rs. 11.75 lakhs, Dorsoduro ABS priced at Rs. 12.10 lakhs, Tuono APRC priced at Rs. 14 lakhs, RSV4-R priced at Rs. 14.50 lakhs and RSV4 Factory priced at Rs. 17.50 lakhs (all prices ex-showroom, Pune). Bookings have already started and expected delivery time is six weeks.

The link is
Aprilia’s Full Model Line-up & cost for India | IAMABIKER
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 17:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
Hi!
The showroom is close to my house ,off Pune Satara road near Bibvewadi corner. Earlier it was a Piagio showroom. I will check out the bikes on display tomorrow. Last week they were renovating the showroom.
Cheers,
Naj
Isn't this the same guy who is in the racing world? If so, then yes, I know him. He bought my grandfathers 1960's Jawa, and I guess he still owns it.
VikrantD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2011, 06:11   #20
BHPian

Thats a news. Aprilia has entered the Indian market without any fanfare. I dont see any official website yet. Pune dealership seems to be the first in the country.
C300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2011, 10:21   #21
BHPian

Guys I don't think Aprilia did a silent launch. I remember reading on xbhp or some other site that they launched the bikes at the Mumbai Motor show back in Jan 2011.

They definitely have big plans for India and it would be awesome to receive their more exclusive brands like Moto Guzzi and others. I always liked the Piaggio group
goingout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 09:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

I know 2 people who have already got delivery of the RSV4 around 3 months back. 1 in Bombay and 1 in Surat. Here's my friend's bike from Bombay.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : Aprilia Showroom in Pune!-img00088201106011757.jpg  

Attached Images

straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 10:12   #23
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I know 2 people who have already got delivery of the RSV4 around 3 months back. 1 in Bombay and 1 in Surat. Here's my friend's bike from Bombay.
Is that junior AB's Bentley Continental GT in the last pic? Also whats that white Suzuki bike in that pic? A Suzuki Intruder?
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 10:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

No, that's not his Bentley. The other bike is a '10 Hayabusa.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 10:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Junior ABs CGT has DLxxx reg plates.
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 13:04   #26
BHPian

Is this a private road?
Hats off to GT guy who has guts to park on road
shrini78 is offline   Reply With Quote