Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Closed Thread

Old 9th December 2011, 14:31   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R

Hello Team bhpians,

I need your views on something and consider it as urgent so those who regularly tour on bikes etc, please help me out.

Am planning a tour to himachal pradesh tomorrow on the GT but the issue is that i dont have the RC smart card yet (registration smart card), for those who dont know, the RC came few days back but i sent it back for correction as the bike name was mentioned wrong.

Now am fearing that the cops might harass me on the way knowing fully well that am not from their state, do they really do such a strict checking? I have the sale letters, the RC cash receipt which mentions my name and address as well as the regn no but is it enough.

I have 2 scenarios :
1. Just tell them that the RC hasnt arrived yet from the RTO and show them the cash receipt.

2. Tell them about the whole story of bike name being mentioned wrong and RC being sent for correction and show them the receipt as well as photocopy of RC but its not attested.

Just in case they dont understand, will they challan me for it or confiscate my bike (having weird thoughts)

I really dont want to take our car there, it took me a lot of time to convince parents to let me go on the bike and dont want to miss this opprtunity, help please.
Old 9th December 2011, 14:51   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I need your views on something and consider it as urgent so those who regularly tour on bikes etc, please help me out..
Keep all the originals including the tax paid receipt. Don't bother with the photocopy of the RC since the original is not with you anyways. It could complicate matters. Wherever asked, just say that you have the tax paid receipt and registered the bike. You are waiting on the smart card (which is not actually false since you are waiting for it anyways)

Not sure up north how it is, but down south, I have not been stopped by cops for any checking of the docs etc. Only once when i was stopped near Salem, my bike was new and I did not have the smart card yet. The cop understood when i showed the tax paid receipt (original) and asked if it was a new bike. I said yes. He asked me about RC and i said its yet to arrive. The constable agreed that it takes a long time to arrive and they just let me go with a smile.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 15:21   #78
BANNED

Where exactly in HP you plan to go ? You will cross Haryana and/ or Punjab before you enter HP coming from delhi. If you plan to take the GT road stick to the speed limit , you ll be fine. PM me your itenary and i ll tell you the points where you need to be careful.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 16:16   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Keep all the originals including the tax paid receipt. Don't bother with the photocopy of the RC since the original is not with you anyways. It could complicate matters. Wherever asked, just say that you have the tax paid receipt and registered the bike
Done, agree and feel that its the most sensible reply. The bike was registered on 20 oct or so and its not even 2 months yet so i hope they would understand.

Quote:
He asked me about RC and i said its yet to arrive. The constable agreed that it takes a long time to arrive and they just let me go with a smile.
Thats how the cops in Delhi are, once they see a bunch of papers and your confidence then they dont even check whats inside , just hope its the same in other states.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Where exactly in HP you plan to go ? You will cross Haryana and/ or Punjab before you enter HP coming from delhi. If you plan to take the GT road stick to the speed limit , you ll be fine. PM me your itenary and i ll tell you the points where you need to be careful.
Thanks bigron,
Am sending you a PM with all the details, how much is the speed limit for bikes on Nh1? 40 or 90? Even if its 90 am sure and ready for a speed ticket as going on 90 all the way is impossible with gt until and unless i know where they place their speed guns.

Sending you a PM so you can tell me where can i keep an eye out for the cameras. How much is it? Rs 400 or is it according to the speed?

EDIT : Am not taking the GT to Himachal as without RC my bike might get confiscated in Punjab and Chandigarh so instead taking Linea, a thread in travelogues would be up soon, thanks for your help.

Last edited by Amartya : 10th December 2011 at 03:17. Reason: Thanks for reporting the post and asking us to edit, appreciate it.
Old 14th January 2012, 23:17   #80
Senior - BHPian

Update - 2500 kms done
The thread had almost died down, thanks to the chilled weather up north and i was busy with preparations for my sister's marriage. Bike is on the verge of completing 2500 kms which would be done tomorrow as i will be heading to Manesar in the morning if i wake up

Going with the negatives first and positive later - a strange sort of issue cropped up with the GT which i was noticing for the past few weeks and was finally confirmed by the service centre guys.

1. The tank has lost its shine and white color and has become sort of yellowish brown on the left and right lower side, if its due to the heating or some thing else, neither do i have a clue nor does the dealer. I have tried Turtle, meguiars but it doesnt go, i will upload a picture as its not very significant in photos but in person one can easily catch it. I think dslr pic will do the job.

Talked to Garware and they said they will first try some 3M treatment (waste of time believe me) and if it still doesnt go then they will replace it under warranty. Garware is a little skimpy on warranty replacements, infact its 12 days and they still havent sent 3M guys nor the left mirror - both pending under warranty replacements. You need to get after them, their is no proper follow up for complaints raised.

2. The gear shifter some times gets stuck. For eg - you are 90 km/hr in 4th gear, now theres a red light ahead, you slow down, go to 3rd, go to 2nd but the damn thing refuses to go to 1st, it gets stuck where it is, now light goes green and you cant pick up from stand still in 2nd gear, you need to use force to slot in 1st and go.

Now the positives -

1. The Delhi dealer has been extremely courteous and helpful, the service centre is still not open due to some mcd issue but when i visit their showroom, am always welcomed with some drink and sandwich and the best part is that their mechanic knows his job. He works on superbikes like R1, Busa and fixed the rear light issue in 5 minutes, did the clutch setting and i was good to go.

2. The bike has opened up by leaps and bounds, using it for daily commuting 60 kms to n fro and totally loving the experience, flick through traffic, keep it in 3rd gear and go all the way from 40 to 140 , the thrill cant be described in words. The V twin are known for low end and mid range performance and they deliver man,6000-9000 rpm in any gear pushes you back with thrust.

3. The irritating "khich khich" noise is back with a bang, will get it checked next time but seems they have no permanent fix for it, i can bear vibrations but no noise please.

3. The rear brake pads would last another 400-500 kms so at 3000 kms it would need replacement, front ones have a lot of life remaining. I wont complain, the brakes are very good and inspire a lot of confidence carrying speed through traffic or out on the highways.

4. The vibrations and harshness have gone down a lot compared to what they were earlier, dont know if its due to the cold weather and less heating or the engine opening up but its definitely turned for the good. Still there is a lot of engine braking, thanks to the V twin engine and this harshness spoils the riding fun a lot.

5. The FE has been a consistent 19-20 in city and 21-23 on highways and thats pretty good for a bike of this size and out of run in where its being taken to 6000-7000 rpm almost everyday.

6. Sorry i couldnt upload some new pictures as i have been busy with life and have had no weekend ride for ages due to the early morning fog and chill, i will definitely put in some new images very soon.

The only wish is that the harshness goes down a little, like take the bike in 2nd gear, go till 80 km/h and leave the throttle, the engine braking brings the harshness out which i dont like at all, the vibrations are not at all an issue, they are perfectly normal and doesnt make your hands or fingers numb - thats exaggeration.

Advice to Garware - please follow up with complaints, you shouldnt expect a customer to call every now and then for issues it should be the reverse and please get the delhi service centre opened asap.

I will update as to when i get the tank replaced, any query do let me know.
Old 15th January 2012, 08:43   #81
BANNED

Cant really comment on the discolouring bit since I havent seen it but the problem off hard shifting to first from a standstill is not really a problem. When the bike is at rest all the cogs are not alingned properly.So just half shift the clutch to aling the cogs and then shift fully into first. You could also move the bike a few inches front or back and then shift , it should shift right into first.
Old 15th January 2012, 09:32   #82
BHPian

Congratulations coolboy! That's an awesome buy. One question dude, how tall are you? I am contemplating a 600cc, but my height keeps me from moving further. I am 5'5.
Old 15th January 2012, 12:19   #83
Senior - BHPian

Had a weekend ride to Manesar and as promised uploading a few pictures. The ride was fun, smooth tarmac, 6 lane highway and the GT performed brilliantly, am in love with the bike again, even cornering at triple digits seemed so stable. Did some good speeds on the way back in 5th gear , enjoyed the handling, the bike never feels nervous even when changing lanes at speeds above 120-130.

It does around 120 or so in the second gear itself.

Its 6 days short of completing 4 months with the GT and am very near the 2500 mark now with a monthly run of around 600 kms, not bad considering it isnt used for day to day runs every day.

P.S - At manesar Mc D, a lady in BMW X1 walked upto me and remarked "you have such a beautiful bike" , i was grinning inside. Buying a sports bike in our country is an all together difference experience when you get such compliments from beautiful people and people seeing you from cars with eyes wide open.

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-tbhp.jpg

This is the paint issue, see the difference between panel and tank color
My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-paint-issue-tbhp.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-tbhp1.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-tbhp3.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-tbhp2.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-tbhp4.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-tbhp6.jpg

Its been a wonderful journey so far

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-tbhp8.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-tbhp7.jpg

Is there anyway i can keep the image quality up by still reducing image size below 1 MB as per forum rules. I used Adobe to reduce quality and the photos get bad, its so good on facebook but here its smudged up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Cant really comment on the discolouring bit since I havent seen it but the problem off hard shifting to first from a standstill is not really a problem. When the bike is at rest all the cogs are not alingned properly.So just half shift the clutch to aling the cogs and then shift fully into first. You could also move the bike a few inches front or back and then shift , it should shift right into first.
Can you tell me what is half shift? Like leaving the clutch halfway and then bringing it in fully? I revv the bike a little and then it slots into first, it never used to happen before. Glad to know its not a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathranik View Post
Congratulations coolboy! That's an awesome buy. One question dude, how tall are you? I am contemplating a 600cc, but my height keeps me from moving further. I am 5'5.
Thanks mate. Dont worry too much, am only 5"4, the feet dont completely touch the ground but you will be okay. Once moving more heigh less height doesnt matter, it only causes problems in parking where the short legs cant take the full weight and you cant push the 200 kg mammoth back.

Try to sit on some 650cc and if you can move back n forth with the help of your legs, you are good to go, go for it, dont think too much about height, wish we we both have had Complan when we were young.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post. Speed info has been edited accordingly as it might send the wrong message to others.

Last edited by n_aditya : 16th January 2012 at 14:37. Reason: posts merged
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 13:42   #84
BANNED

Yes , holding the clutch mid way and then pressing it fully will bring the cogs in sync. An easier way is to simply move the bike slightly forward with your legs and then slot into first. I would suggest not to rev the bike when slotting until you want to launch it in a red light drag race.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 22:56   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Enjoyed your updates & thanks for sharing them timely

Quote:
3. The rear brake pads would last another 400-500 kms so at 3000 kms it would need replacement, front ones have a lot of life remaining.
I am yet to replace any of my rear brake pads after going through various forums & articles on braking. My front disc pad requires a replacement if I use the bike a lot in monsoons.

There is a column at the other forum with the sub heading of The Art of Safe Riding and has Braking as a thread/topic. I have learnt massively & benefited immensely. It changed the way I brake. Now I brake better, faster. Please go through it :-)

Quote:
4. The vibrations and harshness have gone down a lot compared to what they were earlier, dont know if its due to the cold weather and less heating or the engine opening up but its definitely turned for the good. Still there is a lot of engine braking, thanks to the V twin engine and this harshness spoils the riding fun a lot.
You answered your question

Quote:
The only wish is that the harshness goes down a little, like take the bike in 2nd gear, go till 80 km/h and leave the throttle, the engine braking brings the harshness out which i dont like at all, the vibrations are not at all an issue, they are perfectly normal and doesnt make your hands or fingers numb - thats exaggeration.
Old 16th January 2012, 12:29   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Enjoyed your updates & thanks for sharing them timely
Thanks for reading the updates Sheel.

Quote:
I am yet to replace any of my rear brake pads after going through various forums & articles on braking. My front disc pad requires a replacement if I use the bike a lot in monsoons.
I was wrong about the pads, just checked with a fellow GT owner and he instructed me how to look for brake pad wear and the rear will last for anoth 1500-2000 kms easily, the front ones have more than 70% pads remaining.

Quote:
There is a column at the other forum with the sub heading of The Art of Safe Riding and has Braking as a thread/topic. I have learnt massively & benefited immensely. It changed the way I brake. Now I brake better, faster. Please go through it :-)
Will go through it, thanks.

EDIT - Just got off the phone from Mr Amit, Garware and they are not doing any 3M treatment as it wont help, the order by dealership will be placed tomorrow and tank and left side mirror are being changed under warranty FOC

Last edited by coolboy007 : 16th January 2012 at 12:41.
Old 16th January 2012, 14:50   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The rear brake pads would last another 400-500 kms so at 3000 kms it would need replacement, front ones have a lot of life remaining. I wont complain, the brakes are very good and inspire a lot of confidence carrying speed through traffic or out on the highways.
From the above, i guess you are using more of your rear brake instead of the front. On bikes like these, the rear brakes should be left almost untouched (except for use on gravel) and all braking should come only from the front brakes. Rear brakes can lock up the wheels and cause the bike to go dangerously out of control. Please read up on Twist of the Wrist or Sport Riding Techniques and practice braking as much as possible. In panic situations, braking correctly will help you come off unscathed.

Quote:
Had a weekend ride to Manesar and as promised uploading a few pictures.
Nice clicks. I like that AGV lid. You've clocked quite a bit of miles already. Good going.

Quote:
This is the paint issue, see the difference between panel and tank color
A guy in our group who has a white GT650 also complained of this issue. IIRC he also mentioned some paint cracking/bubbling at the tank area. There was also oil leakage noticed from the engine case. He had to contact the dealer several times and the oil leak was plugged only after he threatened to approach a consumer court. Not sure if he managed to get the tank replaced. I guess his bike is up for sale.

Quote:
EDIT - the order by dealership will be placed tomorrow and tank and left side mirror are being changed under warranty FOC
This is good to hear. Inspect the new tank and ensure it is free from defects. What happens to your tankpad?
Old 16th January 2012, 16:24   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
From the above, i guess you are using more of your rear brake instead of the front. On bikes like these, the rear brakes should be left almost untouched (except for use on gravel) and all braking should come only from the front brakes
Aditya,
Well thats not exactly the case, the rear brake on GT unlike the Ninja is not that strong as to help significantly in braking or lock quickly if the pedal is depressed.
I use more of the front brake only but also use rear as the bike is quite heavy up front and only braking using the front ones doesnt inspire confidence, on top of that developing a habit of using front only would cause a lot of problem in monsoons and gravels.

You can still save yourself if the rear locks but the moment the front skids we go down , have experienced it once on the pulsar.
Will read up what you mentioned, agree on what you say about braking, thats the most important part next to controlling your right wrist.

The pads on GT will last another couple of thousand kms, the rear ones would last 1500-2000 more easily and front have a lot of life remaining, uploading some pics i took - the life is pretty good considering am a very aggressive rider these days.

Front pads
My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_1925.jpg

Rear pads
My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_1928.jpg

Quote:
Nice clicks. I like that AGV lid. You've clocked quite a bit of miles already. Good going.
Thank you, the AGV gets lots of praises, infact in manesar also one R1 owner was enquiring about it.
As for miles - neither do i have a job at present, no exams as well so am sort of free whole day for a few more months and i love riding.

Quote:
A guy in our group who has a white GT650 also complained of this issue. IIRC he also mentioned some paint cracking/bubbling at the tank area. There was also oil leakage noticed from the engine case. He had to contact the dealer several times and the oil leak was plugged only after he threatened to approach a consumer court
- bubbles and cracking up, thats extreme. Thankfully, i dont have any such oil leakage or paint cracking. GT does have some quality issues which hyosung garware need to sort out soon.

Quote:
This is good to hear. Inspect the new tank and ensure it is free from defects. What happens to your tankpad?
To be honest i never thought of the tankpad till now, any way through which i can get this off and stick it on the new one, i like this one or else would have to shell out 1k for a new one then.
Old 18th January 2012, 14:44   #89
Senior - BHPian

Guys i need your help on how to go about this RC issue , as you know the RC had arrived with the bike name spelled wrong on 29 Nov, 2011 and the same was sent back by the sales man to his RTO agent and since then i have called the sales guy a hundred times but from december end he has kept saying next week next week and am pretty pissed off by now.

The dealer has shut shop in december as garware took them off the dealers panel due to their sub standard service, i know the sales man personally but he is aslo avoiding my calls now.

My father called him today and after creating some havoc on the phone the guy asked me to wait for just 1 more week after which he would give me the number and names of all his seniors etc as my dad is planning to lodge a FIR against these guys , he is very short tempered. What do i do now ?

1. I know dad's lodging FIR etc was just 5 minutes of anger and dont think this route is worthwhile. This might just complicate matters again.

2. Go and visit the RTO myself, try enquiring about my rc and may be rope in an agent to help me out as i dont know any procedure or anything. I just have the receipt with me.

3. Keep the pressure on this guy to get me my rc asap with the help of his agent.

4. Do i contact Garware but dont think it would be of any help as the dealer is closed.

What to do? Riding without the rc after 4 months of purchase is seriously inviting trouble and i cant even go for any long trip due to this.

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th January 2012 at 18:30. Reason: abusive words even indirectly are not permitted. Edited them out.
Old 18th January 2012, 14:56   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys i need your help on how to go about this RC issue , as you know the RC had arrived with the bike name spelled wrong on 29 Nov, 2011 and the same was sent back by the sales man to his RTO agent and since then i have called the sales guy a hundred times but from december end he has kept saying next week next week and am pretty pissed off by now.

The dealer has shut shop in december as garware took them off the dealers panel due to their sub standard service, i know the sales man personally but he is aslo avoiding my calls now.

My father called him today and after creating some havoc on the phone and some mother sister the guy asked me to wait for just 1 more week after which he would give me the number and names of all his seniors etc as my dad is planning to lodge a FIR against these guys , he is very short tempered. What do i do now ?

1. I know dad's lodging FIR etc was just 5 minutes of anger and dont think this route is worthwhile. This might just complicate matters again.

2. Go and visit the RTO myself, try enquiring about my rc and may be rope in an agent to help me out as i dont know any procedure or anything. I just have the receipt with me.

3. Keep the pressure on this guy to get me my rc asap with the help of his agent.

What to do? Riding without the rc after 4 months of purchase is seriously inviting trouble and i cant even go for any long trip due to this.

I'd suggest 2.
you will get it done, dont worry.
Its not rocket science.
the other ways seem too much o a headache.
Closed Thread