Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 26th October 2011, 15:25   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Ducati 795

Tell me about it. I paid 1 lakh rupees to the Bangalore dealer in July this year for a Termignoni CF exhaust. They promised delivery in 45 days. Its now nearly November, i still don't have my exhaust nor my money back! I have written mails, called them, and now they person i was interacting with in the Bangalore dealership is saying they have placed an order for a Titanium exhaust (which is much more expensive than a CF one). After the many assurances over the last few months from him, i certainly don't believe this. He assures me my money is not lost, but am not so sure. Wonder what i could do about it?? I have even written to Ducati, who wrote back to say my bike is not in their records! Probably the bangalore dealer never updated their records.

In any case i would say to anyone thinking of buying a Ducati: DONT. The bikes are amazing, and i enjoy my 796 even time i ride it, but the hassle of no service, no spares, is just a bit too much to take when you paid over 8 lakhs for something.

In case i don't get my money or an exhaust in the next few weeks, i am seriously going to have to consider legal action i guess. Any ideas on what else i could do?
shayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 15:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrini78 View Post
forget about 4 or 2,
latest word is that BLR DUC is closed...Heard they are givin the advance amount to the owners who paid downpayment
The owner is from Bellary and was caught in the fallout of bellary scam...

First their service sucks & now this, god help Duc owners
Shrini,
Are you sure that the Ducati Bangalore has been closed? When speaking with the service guys during the track days they updated me as follows
"a hi level delegation from Ducati inspected the showroom and found that there have been major deviations from the standard Ducati Showroom layout. To correct this, the showroom has been effectively shut down for a period of 3 months to facilitate the renovation/make over"

Probably JVH can update if this is correct...

And yep believe a couple of customers have been refunded their money as currently no sales/delivery are happening. You can even term it as temporary closure
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 17:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Shrini,
Are you sure that the Ducati Bangalore has been closed?
See I cannot guarantee that it has closed down/the word is out on the streets that it is closed down, may be as you say it is temp or permanent also...
One thing for sure that owner has some politico connections & he had a fallout in Bellary Mining scam...
All I can appeal to DUC owners or future owners is to stay away & ride something else...

Dont waste ur hard earned money on something which is going to give you sleepless nights in a bad way
shrini78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 17:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne View Post
Tell me about it. I paid 1 lakh rupees to the Bangalore dealer in July this year for a Termignoni CF exhaust. They promised delivery in 45 days. Its now nearly November, i still don't have my exhaust nor my money back! I have written mails, called them, and now they person i was interacting with in the Bangalore dealership is saying they have placed an order for a Titanium exhaust (which is much more expensive than a CF one). After the many assurances over the last few months from him, i certainly don't believe this. He assures me my money is not lost, but am not so sure. Wonder what i could do about it?? I have even written to Ducati, who wrote back to say my bike is not in their records! Probably the bangalore dealer never updated their records.

In any case i would say to anyone thinking of buying a Ducati: DONT. The bikes are amazing, and i enjoy my 796 even time i ride it, but the hassle of no service, no spares, is just a bit too much to take when you paid over 8 lakhs for something.

In case i don't get my money or an exhaust in the next few weeks, i am seriously going to have to consider legal action i guess. Any ideas on what else i could do?
Very sorry to hear that bud,I'm not a legal counsel to say anything,prolly you can talk to some DUC owners to see what you can do & how to proceed further...The strange part is I dont understand how your bike is not in Ducati records when you've paid so much... sorry to say this but your dealer screwed up big time
shrini78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 18:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dont waste ur hard earned money on something which is going to give you sleepless nights in a bad way
Well this leaves me completely . Really do pity the owners of Duc if this is true. To add woes the bike's service requirements are quite demanding with a Valve Adjustment work that needs to be done every 12K Kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne View Post
Shayne, Suggest you to file a legal action, considering the fact that your repeated follow ups and pleas there has been no action. Are they willing to pay the money back as an option?
Old 26th October 2011, 18:51   #21
BHPian

The last two times visiting the showroom, the sign still says, "Closed for reservation" The first time I saw, 2 bikes were still available for display. The second time I checked, no bikes as well! Please follow up carefully with the Ducati HQ
rdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 19:00   #22
BHPian

After I wrote this today I got a call from Italy to say that they have my bike in their records and that my concerns have been noted. They are now saying that they will look into this.. Let's see what comes of it since I really like the bike and am not thinking of selling it.. I hope a proper dealer opens up in Delhi/gurgaon soon.
Old 26th October 2011, 20:49   #23
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Why don't they make inline-four cylinder bikes? Two cylinders are sooo boring.
Is that a genuine question? Perhaps you may also want to ask why Triumph makes only 3 cylinder engines and even Harley makes engines with only 2 cylinders? ;-)

Quote:
latest word is that BLR DUC is closed...Heard they are givin the advance amount to the owners who paid downpayment
The owner is from Bellary and was caught in the fallout of bellary scam...
Quote:
Shrini,
"a hi level delegation from Ducati inspected the showroom and found that there have been major deviations from the standard Ducati Showroom layout. To correct this, the showroom has been effectively shut down for a period of 3 months to facilitate the renovation/make over"

Probably JVH can update if this is correct...
Well, I have been told the exact words what ku69rd has quoted above and am not sure how true or false it is. I also know that they are not taking any bookings now. Whether its related to the temporary closure of the showroom or the Italians are delaying the shipment or the goods are held up at the customs, I'm not getting a clear answer. A point to be noted is that there is no express service of bikes/accessories in Mumbai or Ahmedabad eiither. We are in touch with the representatives on FB and so far there isn't any clear cut explanation or reason on what exactly is going on. So, my guess is as good as yours. But what I can tell you is that the so called service sucks guys are a phone call away for getting anything done on my duc. Last Saturday I called them up for chain adjustment and cleaning and they were at my place within half an hour. Probably they had nothing better to do that day.

Quote:
First their service sucks & now this, god help Duc owners
Quote:
All I can appeal to DUC owners or future owners is to stay away & ride something else...

Before I respond here, may I ask if you had a first hand bad experience with a Duc before? Or close friends having to suffer with bad dealerships? Because my brief experience with them has been completely opposite. Agreed they are expensive but every Duc owner knows that and doesn't buy one expecting cheaper services

Shayne - I'm with you here bro and understand completely what you are going through. All NCR Duc owners voice the same feelings on the FB group and all the representatives are saying is there's one showroom coming up soon. But when exactly we don't know. With regards to the goof up, I request you to post on that group. Let us see what the dealer has to say. Every Asia-Pacific Duc representive is a member there and pretty active. Look for Ducati India Riders
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 20:57   #24
BHPian

Hey JVH thanks.. Will do. I hope Ducati sorts itself out in India or they are in danger of going the Fiat way. Such a great bike marred by these stupid problems...
Old 31st October 2011, 16:16   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Why don't they make inline-four cylinder bikes? Two cylinders are sooo boring.
You are surely referring to the exhaust note. The twin formation is anything but boring.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 16:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
You are surely referring to the exhaust note. The twin formation is anything but boring.
Manson, guess for that any matter any inline twin 4 Strokers are boring. Ninja does not sound great even with a slip on. But at high revs have noticed 250's to be slightly more sporty
Old 1st November 2011, 00:18   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Manson, guess for that any matter any inline twin 4 Strokers are boring. Ninja does not sound great even with a slip on. But at high revs have noticed 250's to be slightly more sporty
Loud I can understand, but most people load their twins with aftermarket pipes thinking they would achieve a race inspired inline four hum which in itself defeats the purpose of acquiring a street focussed touring motorcycle. Despite having a full front to back Arata full system on my Fireblade, I am pretty darn sure I'd take a blip blip loud exhaust over a smooth humm whilst touring.
I have heard a Ninja 250 at full chant with a rather loud two brothers slip on exhaust, and to tell you the truth it sounded obnoxious and very confused.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 11:37   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Loud I can understand, but most people load their twins with aftermarket pipes thinking they would achieve a race inspired inline four hum which in itself defeats .
Agree big time to your comment there Manson. No second thoughts around that piece.

Guys, Not quite sure on this update regarding the Ducati Bangalore showroom. Many in my circle have confirmed that the showroom has been closed down and Ducati are looking out for a suitable set of people to run the dealership in Bangalore.
Jayant would you be able to update if you have received any mail or confirmation from Ducati folks?
Old 2nd November 2011, 12:34   #29
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, Not quite sure on this update regarding the Ducati Bangalore showroom. Many in my circle have confirmed that the showroom has been closed down and Ducati are looking out for a suitable set of people to run the dealership in Bangalore.
Jayant would you be able to update if you have received any mail or confirmation from Ducati folks?
We don't have any official communication from Ducati Asia-Pac or Bangalore dealership. We are getting the services and other minor stuff done through the existing staff, so no issues on that front. The impacted parties are the prospective customers who have payed the booking amounts and have no visibility. Am pretty sure that from here, and I suspect from Mumbai also, there will be no more bike deliveries. Ahmedabad is expecting a new shipment early Jan and Mumbai a little later. Bangalore, understandably are tight lipped.

I guess on a 795 thread, we are going quite off-topic. We can continue this discussion elsewhere...
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 13:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Loud I can understand, but most people load their twins with aftermarket pipes thinking they would achieve a race inspired inline four hum which in itself defeats the purpose of acquiring a street focussed touring motorcycle. Despite having a full front to back Arata full system on my Fireblade, I am pretty darn sure I'd take a blip blip loud exhaust over a smooth humm whilst touring.
I have heard a Ninja 250 at full chant with a rather loud two brothers slip on exhaust, and to tell you the truth it sounded obnoxious and very confused.
And i 100% agree to it! My comet with a Two Bros titanium sounds horrendous unless it goes above 5k rpm and gives a steady exhaust note. My bullet sounds much better riding in the city. Sound apart, the exhaust does serve its purpose with no up-jetting.
Nilesh5417 is offline   Reply With Quote