Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 6th January 2012, 08:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda to Launch Honda - CBR600F in India

You're right Shell, that preventive measures will give peace of mind; but GS's point was I4's are expensive to maintain than the 3 heads or twin heads. That's what we're trying to figure out how.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 16:38   #32
Senior - BHPian

I4's are expensive to maintain because of complexity involved in design and more number of moving parts.

Following is a link which gives good information about 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 cylinder engines.
Section 6 - Beginner's Guide to Motorcycling

It also lists pros and cons of each type of engine.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 13:54   #33
e46
BHPian

so, are we at all getting this beauty in AE? any inside infos, regarding unveiling/launch?

Abhishek
e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 15:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
so, are we at all getting this beauty in AE? any inside infos, regarding unveiling/launch?

Abhishek
No CBR600F in this AE. We may see it in next AE.
I read on some forums that honda is considering launching CBR600F and who knows we may see it by 3 or 4th quarter of 2012.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 16:41   #35
e46
BHPian

Exclamation Ducati slashes 795 price by a lac!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
No CBR600F in this AE. We may see it in next AE.
I read on some forums that honda is considering launching CBR600F and who knows we may see it by 3 or 4th quarter of 2012.
to put things in perspective, just read in a major autoblog, that Ducati India slashed the pricfe of its 795 by a lac! its now for 5.99L!! now thats what we all had been seeking.

wake from slumber HMSI. the sub 800 segment is heating up.

Abhishek
Old 9th January 2012, 16:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ducati slashes 795 price by a lac!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
to put things in perspective, just read in a major autoblog, that Ducati India slashed the pricfe of its 795 by a lac! its now for 5.99L!! now thats what we all had been seeking.
Ducati slashed Monster 795 price by one lac a day after they announced price. You can see Triumph's effect on Ducati's pricing. Now imagine what if honda launches CBR 600F at 4.99 lacs
Old 17th January 2012, 18:18   #37
e46
BHPian

So the AE came and went without any tangible unveiling/launching of a sensible bike!! I hate venting out frustration, but consider these:

1. RE has been "showcasing" their CR concept since AE 2010. Seems they need a IIM grad to gauge the market response for such kinda bike! Come on Mr. Venky, if you are reading it.

2. Now sticking to the topic, I read somewhere in a two wheeler blog, that HMSI considers India to be their 2nd largest market. Voila, and what we finally get is a Vooga, err sorry "Yooga" and the HRC paint scheme on the 250. This expo was the best podium to showcase the bike, at least for display and check reactions. But that didnt happen.

I wonder what Mr. N.K. Rattan and his team had been thinking all this while. Pity myself. :(

ABhishek
Old 17th January 2012, 23:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

Some are frustrated they bought some available bike and cannot buy the latest inlines . Some are happy they can buy one ,since it about to launch .Some are not happy since bike is not yet available .

Whatever, if they are dropping 600s inlines in INDIA , many are going to pick it up with both their arms and legs . Bring it on honda .

Last edited by black12rr : 18th January 2012 at 00:07.
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 13:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

None of 600 inlines are practical bikes, ride it for and hour and ask your back how he is feeling, not only back wrist, palms etc starts paining in Indian traffic condition, taking U turn is nightmare. I think after 2 hours of ride i may need people to straight my body. Believe me after putting helmat it almost touches the knee if someone tries to see backside, imagin the riding position.
Ninja 650 is not that powerful or going to give the roaring sound of inline 4 but it's quite easy to ride without torturing the rider, seating position is better, even after riding her with full tank gas it was easy to move in busy Lal Baugh circle.
But i am waiting for the best in 600-800 cc class, power, performance, sound, easy handling, light weight and cult brand image the one and only Triumph STriple.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 15:05   #40
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
None of 600 inlines are practical bikes, ride it for and hour and ask your back how he is feeling, not only back wrist, palms etc starts paining in Indian traffic condition, taking U turn is nightmare. I think after 2 hours of ride i may need people to straight my body. Believe me after putting helmat it almost touches the knee if someone tries to see backside, imagin the riding position.
Ninja 650 is not that powerful or going to give the roaring sound of inline 4 but it's quite easy to ride without torturing the rider, seating position is better, even after riding her with full tank gas it was easy to move in busy Lal Baugh circle.
But i am waiting for the best in 600-800 cc class, power, performance, sound, easy handling, light weight and cult brand image the one and only Triumph STriple.
an inline-4 600 need not always be a sport focused with extreme seating geometry. I understand your thinking,. but thats what lot of us tend to think. I luv the exhaust sound of these bikes, not their extreme sporty ride positions. What i meant are sensible bikes like the FZ6, naked or faired, CB400/600/R600F. Hope you understand my plight now.

think about it, what I am seeking is just the best of both world, you can actually ride your bike often and not just weekends. and the best part, get your wifey along!!

Abhishek
Old 18th January 2012, 16:45   #41
Senior - BHPian

Get yourelf Honda CB Super 4, Honda Hornet 250 or 600 perfect for Indian roads with inline 4 sound no need to wait.
Old 18th January 2012, 17:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Get yourelf Honda CB Super 4, Honda Hornet 250 or 600 perfect for Indian roads with inline 4 sound no need to wait.
Ajay,
You said no need to wait. I think you are talking about importing them. Am i right?

Any information on triumph bangalore dealership?
Old 18th January 2012, 20:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

Yeah Singapore, Malaysia etc are the way to import many are there in Bangalore with valid papers, duty paid.
Till now no news about their dealershi anywhere, but one friend is claiming about their first openings along with discounts for me. Counting on the days for booking my Triumph.
Old 18th January 2012, 21:58   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
May be you are right. But everything else can be forgotten once engine is fried up. Oh, that inline-4 scream! As though there are no reciprocating pistons. Just a smooth turbine-- turning round and round and round.... Personally, I don't care how an IL-4 looks, how fast it goes-- just as long as it makes right sound. And sound? Oh boy, it is music to my ears! Among the new bikes, only Triumph Daytona comes close to Jap IL-4s in looks, sound and I am sure in go, too.
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 23:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Till now no news about their dealershi anywhere, but one friend is claiming about their first openings along with discounts for me. Counting on the days for booking my Triumph.
Are you booking in bangalore with discounts? Please let me know as soon as you hear about start of booking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
But everything else can be forgotten once engine is fried up. Oh, that inline-4 scream! As though there are no reciprocating pistons. Just a smooth turbine-- turning round and round and round.... Personally, I don't care how an IL-4 looks, how fast it goes-- just as long as it makes right sound. And sound? Oh boy, it is music to my ears! Among the new bikes, only Triumph Daytona comes close to Jap IL-4s in looks, sound and I am sure in go, too.
I believe you wannna say fired up instead of fried

You are right about the exhaust sound. No need of portable music player in case of an i4 or i3.
Daytona / Street / Speed Triple i3 engine sound almost like an i4.

You will get attention of the public even if you are riding an ugly bike with an i4 engine

Last edited by djay99 : 18th January 2012 at 23:13.