Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 19th January 2012, 11:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda to Launch Honda - CBR600F in India

Delhi if its happenning, else Bangalore with no discount.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 15:33   #47
e46
BHPian

Exclamation Re: Honda to Launch Honda - CBR600F in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Get yourelf Honda CB Super 4, Honda Hornet 250 or 600 perfect for Indian roads with inline 4 sound no need to wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Yeah Singapore, Malaysia etc are the way to import many are there in Bangalore with valid papers, duty paid.
Till now no news about their dealershi anywhere, but one friend is claiming about their first openings along with discounts for me. Counting on the days for booking my Triumph.
ajay, could you explain how it actually works out? do i still pay the hefty 105% import duty if I bring them as in cbu? a small tutorial would be really greatful

would love to get my hands on a super four

Abhishek
e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 16:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

Abhishek,

If you are importing a bike, you have to pay 105% custom duty on CIF. It's better to wait for manufacturer to launch officially as you will get full service and support.

I found a link which gives info about duty on importing bikes: Rules and Regulations for Importing Bikes in India - Guidelines for Importing Bikes in India - Procedure For Importing motorcycles in India
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 16:36   #49
Senior - BHPian

Well said, i have enough share of doing all this and felt not worth to import any bike now when they themselves are coming with aggrasive pricing.
Have imported enough bike parts and paid 400% extra for shipping on top of that 30% flat duty from our customs that too on total cost of parts+shipping charges.
Else just hunt for clean used bike(another painful task).
Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Abhishek,

If you are importing a bike, you have to pay 105% custom duty on CIF. It's better to wait for manufacturer to launch officially as you will get full service and support.

I found a link which gives info about duty on importing bikes: Rules and Regulations for Importing Bikes in India - Guidelines for Importing Bikes in India - Procedure For Importing motorcycles in India
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 12:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

Guys any update on when the 600f would be sold and the price bracket its would fall under?. A close friend of mine is eager to get it home. I also tried swaying him towards the Daytona but he says its Honda or nothing. The bikes he has owned and yet owns are all Honda's from the 600rr, 1000rr, Honda africa twin (i think thats what its called) offroad bike, Goldwing and for his son the Minitrail.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 15:37   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Guys any update on when the 600f would be sold and the price bracket its would fall under?
Honda has not even confirmed they would be launching it in india.

I read some where that CBR600F could be launched by end of 2012 and price could be in range of 6 to 7 Lacs.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 17:43   #52
e46
BHPian

the PR lady whom i spoke with few months back, told me "the CBR600F would be considered by HMSI" within a couple of years

Abhishek
e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 15:02   #53
BHPian

I seriously doubt with the same spec. 12:1 compression with indian fuel, that too on an official launch? No way. might be 10:1 to run on starting 91 OCT.

~koli
kolimuttai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 14:27   #54
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday had been to Ananda Honda in electronics city, blr to check out CBR250R and got to know it costs 1.75Lacs on road. Just asked the sales guy to check price of CBR1000R and he said its 6.21 lacs ex showroom and will be launched in a month's time. I said i am booking one right now to which he said bookings will be accepted in next month.
IMO CBR1000R is already available for a price of 10 to 11Lacs. He spoke to MD and was telling that they have received an email from honda about a bike launch. I strongly feel it could be launch of CBR600F. Does any one else have info about this?
A CBR600F for 6.21 lacs is VFM.

Last edited by djay99 : 6th August 2012 at 14:33.
Old 6th August 2012, 21:43   #55
Senior - BHPian

I was also informed that HDFC offers a loan for Honda motorcycles at 10.5% PA monthly reducing interest rate. Good deal IMO when home loans are offered at similar rates.
Old 7th August 2012, 17:29   #56

hi guys,

yes! in the beginning of the year i did hear about the CBR600F being planned to be launched end of the year (2012). nothing more than that.

however, do you know if our Homologation Dept has given a green signal to 600cc in India.

triumph Daytona is a 675 and the ninja is a 650. oh by the way, triumph will be ready to sell their bikes only early next year or later.

quoting msg from Triumph
------
Thanks for the honest feedback.. truthfully we were nowhere near ready when the announcements were made in January. I think it was enthusiasm from the previous general manager that took over from common sense. What I can say is that we are now a lot closer in terms of partners to make it happen although we will keep communications to a minimum until we are certain not to cause further upset. All I can say is hold fire until the November Milan show and then make your decision.. (keep that bit quiet as it is still under embargo!)
Best regards India Enquiries Triumph Motorcycles Limited
Hinckley
Leicestershire
LE10 3BS
United Kingdom
Email: customer-enquiries-india@triumph.co.uk
------
unquote.

CHEERS!!!
pmanipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2012, 17:59   #57
Senior - BHPian

I spoke to the sales guy of ananda honda again and asked him to forward an email which his MD has received a couple of days back from honda. He is confused whether it is for 1000R or for some other model. Hope we will have clarity in a couple of day's time regarding new launch (once i get that email).
Triumph removed indicative prices from their webiste which means actual prices will be higher than expected. Probably 6 to 8% more.

Last edited by djay99 : 7th August 2012 at 18:01.
Old 8th August 2012, 00:34   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I spoke to the sales guy of ananda honda again and asked him to forward an email which his MD has received a couple of days back from honda. He is confused whether it is for 1000R or for some other model. Hope we will have clarity in a couple of day's time regarding new launch (once i get that email).
For the love of God please get clarity on this rumour asap. I am days away from booking the new Ninja. Dont want to sit & curse my luck if this indeed turns out to be the 600F at the rumoured price.
narula123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 00:40   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
For the love of God please get clarity on this rumour asap. I am days away from booking the new Ninja. Dont want to sit & curse my luck if this indeed turns out to be the 600F at the rumoured price.
I was so happy when i heard about this news from sales person and immediately told him that i am booking even though i don't have finances ready .
I will update you as soon as i get a message about it as i know you will be booking 650 on 9-Aug.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 16:09   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Hey Narula, you still confused on this bit, with a bike like the 600 am sure you would

But think of the all round and touring capabilities of the Ninja vs the 600. Am not saying that you can't tour on the Honda, but the Ninja might just prove better. For outright power and the i4 the Honda edges it out.

I've been hearing rumors since ages now. And am going to be firm on my decision on the new Ninja
lionell is offline   Reply With Quote