Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 8th August 2012, 16:42   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Honda to Launch Honda - CBR600F in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Hey Narula, you still confused on this bit, with a bike like the 600 am sure you would

But think of the all round and touring capabilities of the Ninja vs the 600. Am not saying that you can't tour on the Honda, but the Ninja might just prove better. For outright power and the i4 the Honda edges it out.

I've been hearing rumors since ages now. And am going to be firm on my decision on the new Ninja
Every time I make up my mind, something like this pops up and gets me thinking

But yeah, the Honda will certainly be more powerful & refined than the N650. Looks much better too IMO. But then again, its very very hard for me to be patient anymore. So if this 600F doesnt conjure up by the time the ninja is ready then too bad but i'll get the goblin home.

I thought only smartphone buyers go through this chaos & frequent (irritating) confusion. I was SO wrong
narula123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 20:23   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Every time I make up my mind, something like this pops up and gets me thinking

But yeah, the Honda will certainly be more powerful & refined than the N650. Looks much better too IMO. But then again, its very very hard for me to be patient anymore. So if this 600F doesnt conjure up by the time the ninja is ready then too bad but i'll get the goblin home.

I thought only smartphone buyers go through this chaos & frequent (irritating) confusion. I was SO wrong
Bro, if you're about to plonk money down for the N650, you really couldn't do worse than to wait for a couple of months for the big bore Duke from KTM that's just around the corner.

A 72bhp single can be a whole lot of fun when its as light and nimble and torquey as the 690!
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 20:54   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I was so happy when i heard about this news from sales person and immediately told him that i am booking even though i don't have finances ready .
I will update you as soon as i get a message about it as i know you will be booking 650 on 9-Aug.
Hey buddy, why Ninja 650? With all due respect, its not affordable anymore. So, the VFM tag is gone. It's not scorching either (just 72 bhp for a 650 is only average). It's got very 'okaish' styling, IMO.

Why not conside:

1. Ducati Monster@5.99 lakh
2. Triumph Street Triple@5.75 expected
3. A Harley

The only thing the N650 gives you is super reliability. Frankly, I think all bikes should be fairly reliable any. Shouldn't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Bro, if you're about to plonk money down for the N650, you really couldn't do worse than to wait for a couple of months for the big bore Duke from KTM that's just around the corner.

A 72bhp single can be a whole lot of fun when its as light and nimble and torquey as the 690!
@Ebobho: I am a self confessed 'car' guy. But of late, I have been looking forward to getting back to the biking scene. The current crop 'small non Indian performance sportsbikes' (read CBR250R, Ninja 250R, Duke200) don't excite me much (actually, the Duke does; but it's just 200cc although my pick in the current crop of bikes).

So, basically I am waiting for something bigger to come along at an affordable price. Could it be Duke 350 (@2 lakh)? I hope so..Are you also talking about the same bike? BTW, I will not buy a Bajaj no matter however good it is!

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 8th August 2012 at 20:58.
Abhi_Automobile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 21:27   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Hey buddy, why Ninja 650? With all due respect, its not affordable anymore. So, the VFM tag is gone. It's not scorching either (just 72 bhp for a 650 is only average). It's got very 'okaish' styling, IMO.

Why not conside:

1. Ducati Monster@5.99 lakh
2. Triumph Street Triple@5.75 expected
3. A Harley

The only thing the N650 gives you is super reliability. Frankly, I think all bikes should be fairly reliable any. Shouldn't they?
Tomorrow will the day when we will be knowing how affordable a 2012 Ninja 650 is.
Do not just look at bhp figures. It has got good low end torque which is required while riding on our congested city roads. You can actually do a 0-100 in 4.5 sec. Its very fast dude.
2012 model looks much much better than previous model. There is no other bike in this segment which looks so good like ninja 650 .

Forget about Ducati monster. People are waiting from over 6 months and they are not sure whether they will get a bike or not. Also maintaing a BMW car is cheaper than a Ducati M795 IMO. Spares are very expensive.

I can wait for Triumph street triple but they will never launch it for 5.75lacs as rupee has fallen. Expect it to be priced some where near 6.25Lacs atleast. Onroad in BLR will be close to 7.2 Lacs.
Also they are postponing every date announed. You may need to wait another year.
I don't like Harley .
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 00:05   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Tomorrow will the day when we will be knowing how affordable a 2012 Ninja 650 is.
Do not just look at bhp figures. It has got good low end torque which is required while riding on our congested city roads. You can actually do a 0-100 in 4.5 sec. Its very fast dude.
2012 model looks much much better than previous model. There is no other bike in this segment which looks so good like ninja 650 .

Forget about Ducati monster. People are waiting from over 6 months and they are not sure whether they will get a bike or not. Also maintaing a BMW car is cheaper than a Ducati M795 IMO. Spares are very expensive.

I can wait for Triumph street triple but they will never launch it for 5.75lacs as rupee has fallen. Expect it to be priced some where near 6.25Lacs atleast. Onroad in BLR will be close to 7.2 Lacs.
Also they are postponing every date announed. You may need to wait another year.
I don't like Harley .
I somewhat agree with your concerns over the Ducati spares, I guess. Since it is now acquired bu Audi, its officially a 'luxury' bike now, sin't it!

If were you, I might wait for the Triumph Street Triple though. BTW, the N650 is a great machine in its own regard. So, happy biking.
Abhi_Automobile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 00:06   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post

When are the launching the 690 in India?
I can vouch for the fun part!! My 690 SMC was actually too much motorcycle for me to handle!!
Rash is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 09:46   #67
BHPian

Quote:

I don't like Harley .

I couldnt have said it better myself

The Triumph is going to be much more expensive that what people initially thought. Also, you never know how good or bad Triumph's after sales service would be. It can be as bad as the Ducati or as stable as the Harley. With Kawasaki atleast you have the BAL's backing and the consequential peace-of-mind. Dont want to wait 1 year for the Triumph only to realise that its a lost cause.

Oh and personally, I dont like the Duke 690. Too naked for my tastes.
narula123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 10:42   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
@Ebobho: I am a self confessed 'car' guy. But of late, I have been looking forward to getting back to the biking scene. The current crop 'small non Indian performance sportsbikes' (read CBR250R, Ninja 250R, Duke200) don't excite me much (actually, the Duke does; but it's just 200cc although my pick in the current crop of bikes).

So, basically I am waiting for something bigger to come along at an affordable price. Could it be Duke 350 (@2 lakh)? I hope so..Are you also talking about the same bike? BTW, I will not buy a Bajaj no matter however good it is!
I am speaking of the Duke 690 bro - as an alternative to the CBR vs Ninja discussion.

I never "left" the biking scene, and honestly, the 200 itself is quite a lot of bike.

So the 375 and the 690 can and will only be exponentially better.

Of course there is no denying what the inline 4 CBR (IF and WHEN it comes) and the Triumph Street Triple (same IF and WHEN - also add HOW MUCH) bring to the table, but if time is a constraint and you do not want to wait indefinitely, then just hold on for the KTM 690and THEN take a call.

I have a feeling you'll be glad you waited ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rash View Post
When are the launching the 690 in India?
I can vouch for the fun part!! My 690 SMC was actually too much motorcycle for me to handle!!
Sep-Oct from what I've heard. Yeah, I look forward to the launch myself, and getting astride it and seeing what the worldwide hoolabaaloo about this iconic biike is all about!

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread!

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th August 2012 at 17:38.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2013, 10:59   #69
BHPian

So, any updates as of now from HMSI on the 600F ? This wait is really killing. With the performance segment hotting up I4s cant be that far away.
redrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 03:24   #70
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
So, any updates as of now from HMSI on the 600F ? This wait is really killing. With the performance segment hotting up I4s cant be that far away.
Saw the thread titled CBR600F coming up in the recent activity list and i couldnt wait a second expecting some recent developments. I wait eagerly for this motorcycle to get launched here. :(
e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 20:15   #71
BHPian

Not sure how reliable these multiple news sources are but the talk is getting louder that Honda India will introduce the CBR650F via the CKD route in Q4 FY2015-2016.

Quote:
Further, the Indian subsidiary of this Japanese automobile giant has also confirmed rolling out its mid-segment sports bike, the CBR650F in Q4, FY2015-16. Expected to be one of the flagship bikes for HMSI, the liquid-cooled, inline four-cylinder, 649cc CBR650F will be imported in the form of CKD kits and assembled locally. The company has, however, not finalised a plant for the said assembly operations. The model was displayed at the Auto Expo earlier this year.
Source

Quote:
To challenge Kawasaki touring tool, the Ninja 650, Honda Japan’s Indian arm, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India readies itself for the introduction of CBR650F. But it’s not another 650cc parallel twin. The Honda CBR650F will be powered by a 649cc inline four-cylinder liquid-cooled engine which will be mated to six-speed gearbox. This will be the first in-line four cylinder powered motorcycle that will be assembled in India. Local assembly will help Honda to keep the costs low which will result in a competitive price of the motorcycle.
Source
Attached Thumbnails
Honda to Launch Honda - CBR600F in India-28327d13958373812014hondacbr650fcb650fcbr650f1.jpg  

Honda to Launch Honda - CBR600F in India-2014hondacbr650frightrear.jpg  

Last edited by tjacob : 21st September 2014 at 20:18.
tjacob is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 13:09   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Bandit - though does not make much of sense, 98 odd BHP, old technology, the only saving grace is 1250 CC.
.. and practicality and versatility. Which are the 2 most important characteristics of the Bandit.
man_of_steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:40   #73
Senior - BHPian

In terms of long-in-the-tooth pakao factor, stories of Honda's "coming soon" 600/650/500 in terms of hierarchy are just one step down on the podium from the undisputed champion, Yamaha's "coming soon" 250 don't-know-if twin-or-single stories.

This is for the unofficial Indian biking "coming soon stories" longevity-to-(non)delivery awards.

Rant mode off.

Last edited by ebonho : 22nd September 2014 at 14:43.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 20:13   #74
BHPian

I'm as skeptical as next guy but check this, two CBR650Fs each costing ₹.7.6 lacs came in from Thailand last month for R&D purposes and also other CBR 650F spares which landed a few months earlier.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda to Launch Honda - CBR600F in India-honda-cbr650f-zauba.png  

Last edited by tjacob : 22nd September 2014 at 20:17.
tjacob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2014, 18:50   #75
e46
BHPian

Exclamation Re: Honda to Launch Honda - CBR600F in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
I'm as skeptical as next guy but check this, two CBR650Fs each costing ₹.7.6 lacs came in from Thailand last month for R&D purposes and also other CBR 650F spares which landed a few months earlier.
Is that from zauba?

ON a side note, Motorbeam has reported that its coming early 2016, which falls in line with Autocar professional's earlier report.

Read it here

I am finally seeing ray of hope and have got reasons to start saving, as this could actually fulfill the hope of thousands bikers like us, craving for an affordable middle weight (i4 of course!)

Abhishek //M
e46 is offline   Reply With Quote