Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2013, 05:44   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hyosung Aquila Pro, G V-650. My Unfinished Story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
Wish other RE owners were the same.(No offence meant to anyone here) I have had a tough time having a sensible discussion with them just because they mix up hardfacts and emotions (religion as you said). There are only two options - Either they take you as a RE basher (and retaliate) or they go ahead and prove their superiority.

I have stopped discussing these topics with them because I know they wont understand till they get their emotions out and talk on engineering facts.

I respect the feelings people have for their bikes, but that should not cloud rationality.
I am happy to have many open-minded person here in this forum who would hear to both sides and decide based on hard facts rather than getting trapped in words such as cult/religion/feel/soul/bikers club etc.

Sorry If this post offends anyone, but I still believe comparison has to be on hard engineering facts and not on feelings and emotions (because feelings and emotions can't be compared)

Your bike looks awesome indeed and would really want to know more about how Hysosung has been able to use a Sportsbike motor into a cruiser bike and still has owners happy!
Being a Standard 350 Bullet owner myself, must say, I agree with you. There are two schools of thought, the selfish one and the social one, in the selfish one, you are concerned only with yourself and your bike you are not bothered about what others think of you or the bike, in the social school of thought you do with all the RE and Harley guys perceive to do. For this purpose, being selfish is not bad

So many People have been trying to drill this into my head but the penny is not dropping

You have one life, its your money, its your happiness/enjoyment you should be the one taking the decision, and if you are happy nothing else matters
TheARUN is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote

Old 17th December 2013, 12:13   #92
BHPian

Hi Mohan,

I am a bit late but congratulations nevertheless.

Opinions about Hyosung are very polarised but then such is life. As long as you are happy with what you ride, nothing else should matter.

Hyosungs are decent machines and though they dont match Jap engineering or Harley legacy they have their own virtues they bring to the table.
narula123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2013, 12:40   #93
BHPian

Incidentally the Aquila GV 650 also wins the Bloomberg-Autocar Premium Bike of the Year 2014 Award.
Read details here : http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...14-368244.aspx

Last edited by mohan : 22nd December 2013 at 12:44.
mohan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 10:22   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan View Post
Incidentally the Aquila GV 650 also wins the Bloomberg-Autocar Premium Bike of the Year 2014 Award.
Hi Mohan,

I guess you have had the Aquila 650 for almost a year now. Can you please share your experience with the bike, the service from DSK and also if you have faced any major issues with the bike? Can you also share the no. of kms that you have used it for. I had been to a DSK Hyosung showroom a couple of days ago and instantly fell in love with the Aquila Pro 650 and am seriously thinking of taking the plunge.

Regards,

Vijay
eltoro is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 10:43   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan View Post
Hey Mohan, I guess I was among the firsts to commend you for going against the mob mentality but also had the reservations about DSK (based on the past track record by Garware). How has your experience been?

Also I somehow missed this earlier - but going through the tech specs - I see that the motor makes peak torque pretty high up in the RPM. Does this affect the low RPM cruising abilities in the cities?

And man, do you have more tasty pics of your bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltoro View Post
Hi Mohan,

I guess you have had the Aquila 650 for almost a year now. Can you please share your experience with the bike, the service from DSK and also if you have faced any major issues with the bike? Can you also share the no. of kms that you have used it for. I had been to a DSK Hyosung showroom a couple of days ago and instantly fell in love with the Aquila Pro 650 and am seriously thinking of taking the plunge.

Regards,

Vijay
Agreed. Now that we have Triumph and Harley models in comfortable prices, the Aquila user experience becomes all the more important to make a judicious choice.

###

Why the heck is there no advertising for this bike?

Last edited by alpha1 : 18th February 2014 at 10:55.
alpha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 13:19   #96

Hi Mohan, I am on the verge of buying Aquila Pro (from Lajpat Nagar, Delhi). Your thread was extremely helpful considering not many Hyosung buyers are there in the country. Can you please help me with your long term observations for the bike? What I want to cover my bases from are any major negative surprises (talking about faulty parts rather than heating up issue or heavy weight etc) + ASS experience. I am absolutely comfortable with engine performance & ergonomics.

Also, have you modified exhaust- Tailgunner sounded absolutely beautiful but not sure how much running in is required before you can opt for it.

Cheers,
GT

Moderator's Note: Please avoid copy-pasting from an external editor like Word. It renders the posts unreadable with too many HTML tags. Type and post directly on the board.

We have edited your post this time to clean it up.

Last edited by Zappo : 19th May 2014 at 13:50.
gt125 is offline   Reply With Quote