Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2015, 11:18   #31
BHPian
 
barcalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 772
Thanked: 1,148 Times
Default Re: 'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Thanks for sharing the ride impression and review! Looks like an exciting bike to ride!



Please don't call them as photos Unless this is some special kind of photography. There is no bike in any of the photos - The last pic is epic (please don't mind)
You're welcome. Yes, it's exciting, and gives you 'that' cruiser feeling.

They're barely photos, Sriram. They're video snapshots posted just to let people know how the console and handlebar from the saddle looks like. As I said, barely any time to get professional photography done.
It's epic, I agree.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2015, 15:34   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 119
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: 'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut

I have had the pleasure of seeing the Scout at the Bangkok bike festival at Siam Square this January. The bike is absolutely drop dead gorgeous with excellent fit and finish. I would rate the fit and finish a notch above the Harleys or Triumph. Sadly Non thai visitors were not allowed to sit on the bikes or get a feel of them. The bike is also priced substantially higher in Thailand than India. One thing i did not like about the bike was the lack of ABS (At least the thai spec was without ABS). For a 100BHP bike i feel ABS is a must. Here are a few photographs from the exhibit along with other Indian bikes.
argchoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2015, 16:31   #33
BHPian
 
barcalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 772
Thanked: 1,148 Times
Default Re: 'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
I have had the pleasure of seeing the Scout at the Bangkok bike festival at Siam Square this January. The bike is absolutely drop dead gorgeous with excellent fit and finish. I would rate the fit and finish a notch above the Harleys or Triumph. Sadly Non thai visitors were not allowed to sit on the bikes or get a feel of them. The bike is also priced substantially higher in Thailand than India. One thing i did not like about the bike was the lack of ABS (At least the thai spec was without ABS). For a 100BHP bike i feel ABS is a must. Here are a few photographs from the exhibit along with other Indian bikes.
Exactly my thoughts. The braking is not up to the mark. Although, it's stunning and oozes of aggressiveness. Can't think of any 'alternatives' for this one.

No photos, mate.
barcalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2015, 17:43   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 119
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: 'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut

Looks like some problems with the server. I am sure i uploaded 13 photos. Anyways here goes again. Hopefully the photos will get uploaded this time. BANGKOK BIKE FESTIVAL - INDIAN MOTORCYCLES.'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150130_131450.jpg

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150130_131529.jpg

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150130_131551.jpg

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150130_131614.jpg

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150130_131654.jpg

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150130_132541.jpg

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150130_132747.jpg

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150130_132800.jpg

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150130_132822.jpg

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150130_132840.jpg

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150130_132904.jpg

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150130_132916.jpg

MODS PLS MERGE THE PHOTOS WITH MY PREVIOUS POST IF REQUIRED.
argchoff is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 11:32   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,988
Thanked: 4,032 Times
Default

After having seen and felt the Scout in the flesh at the IBW, I came out quite disappointed. I was expecting a finish above the Harleys which they weren't. Certainly not worth the 13 lac on road price. But the Indian Chief was another story all together but at a very expensive 26 lac tag.
dkaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 14:22   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,343
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: 'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut

I wouldn't even mention Harleys in the same breath as Indian! The build quality, vibrations, technology and attention to detail on the Indians are worlds apart. Harley has been sitting on their backsides and selling stuff from the 80's and getting away with it because they had no competition and the "brand name" but now they better get their act together. I had the chance to ride a Street Bob cbu extensively around the same time and it was absolute rubbish! It vibrates so much that it blurs your vision lol. The starter sounds like its breaking every time. The gear shift can never be quiet either.

I've riden the Scout from Bombay to Pune and its brilliant. Topped up the 12.5L tank before leaving and after reaching Kothrud, it still hadn't come into reserve. Easily cruises at 120 kmh but around 80 to 100 is the perfect zone. Has decent cornering clearance too in the ghats. Excellent gearbox too, I could easily change gears without using the clutch and making the clunky sound.

I have also had the chance to ride the chief extensively and that too is superb. Its just amazing how smooth they are. These are the ultimate cruisers for cruiser lovers. Adding some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150213_170151.jpg  

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150213_170159.jpg  

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150213_170225.jpg  

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150214_112751.jpg  

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150128_104010.jpg  

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150128_114521.jpg  

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150129_022109.jpg  

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150129_153907.jpg  

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150129_161118.jpg  

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-20150220_121350.jpg  


Last edited by straight6 : 1st March 2015 at 14:40.
straight6 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 17:24   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 119
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: 'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post

I've riden the Scout from Bombay to Pune and its brilliant. Topped up the 12.5L tank before leaving and after reaching Kothrud, it still hadn't come into reserve. Easily cruises at 120 kmh but around 80 to 100 is the perfect zone. Has decent cornering clearance too in the ghats. Excellent gearbox too, I could easily change gears without using the clutch and making the clunky sound.
How would you rate the braking / stopping power of the Scout when compared to the Harley 883 or the Triumph Bonneville? I'll bet the ABS is sorely missed in the Scout.
argchoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 18:05   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,343
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: 'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
How would you rate the braking / stopping power of the Scout when compared to the Harley 883 or the Triumph Bonneville? I'll bet the ABS is sorely missed in the Scout.
In India the scout is only sold with abs. It did come on twice on the way. And yes, coming from sportsbikes i did find them weak but thats just me.

Last edited by straight6 : 1st March 2015 at 18:07.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2015, 10:45   #39
BHPian
 
slicvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: KA 19
Posts: 752
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: 'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I Excellent gearbox too, I could easily change gears without using the clutch and making the clunky sound.

Am i missing something. Why would you want to change gears without using the clutch?
slicvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2015, 14:56   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,343
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: 'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Am i missing something. Why would you want to change gears without using the clutch?
It can easily be done on sbks compared to cruisers and it comes with experience. Especially handy when the clutch is hard. Can't do it on the Chief though.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2015, 21:42   #41
BHPian
 
slicvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: KA 19
Posts: 752
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: 'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut

Can be done agreed. But why do it. Wouldn't it be detrimental to the gear box and other parts?
slicvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2015, 20:27   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,343
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: 'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Can be done agreed. But why do it. Wouldn't it be detrimental to the gear box and other parts?
Not if you time them right. I've been doing it for years even on my RX. Downshifting too.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 14:12   #43
BHPian
 
barcalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 772
Thanked: 1,148 Times
Default Re: 'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut

So, looks likes Tusker Harley Davidson is going to have sleepless nights soon. Read this

Not surprising that these 'journalists' forget basic details such as the Indian Scout being the lowest priced Indian motorcycle and Triumph 'Classic' being a non-existent motorcycle.

Last edited by barcalad : 4th May 2015 at 14:16.
barcalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 15:00   #44
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Coimbatore / MENA
Posts: 673
Thanked: 973 Times
Default Re: 'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
So, looks likes Tusker Harley Davidson is going to have sleepless nights soon.
Seriously doubt that.

It's all fine and dandy to open new showrooms, but what's the point when you don't have bikes to sell?

We have an Indian Scout ordered with a Rs 3 lakh non refundable deposit since Dec 14, with delivery "1-2" months away since then.

No clue when the bikes will ship from factory, much less land on our shores.

Have a good mind to ride up to Bangalore in our Harleys and ask the CEO where our damn bike is!!

Cheers

Ride Safe.
gthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 15:39   #45
BHPian
 
barcalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 772
Thanked: 1,148 Times
Default Re: 'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Seriously doubt that.

It's all fine and dandy to open new showrooms, but what's the point when you don't have bikes to sell?

We have an Indian Scout ordered with a Rs 3 lakh non refundable deposit since Dec 14, with delivery "1-2" months away since then.

No clue when the bikes will ship from factory, much less land on our shores.

Have a good mind to ride up to Bangalore in our Harleys and ask the CEO where our damn bike is!!

Cheers

Ride Safe.
Well, only time will tell that. A breather for people who're out searching for alternatives.

That's true. Indian has delayed deliveries of most of their bikes. A friend who had ordered his Scout in January was promised delivery by the end of this month.

Ride to the Indian showroom here specifically on your Harleys and demand delivery of an Indian motorcycle? Some pot-boiler that!
barcalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TVS Racing to make Dakar debut Visran Int'l Motorsport 3 17th January 2015 05:02
Nissan's Infiniti brand may debut in India h@r$h@l The Indian Car Scene 16 30th September 2009 18:27
Suzuki agrees to Swift's May debut in India tabrez02 The Indian Car Scene 44 21st April 2005 14:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:15.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks