Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2014, 00:36   #331
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 21
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Great thread Sir! Yours is one of the major reasons I'm so sure about getting my Superlow early next year. Thanks for your posts, I'm sure it must've helped a lot of guys like me in major dilemma before plonking so much Vitamin M.
Avior is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2014, 15:28   #332
BHPian
 
abhimanyu_singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hyderbad/Delhi
Posts: 185
Thanked: 102 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avior View Post
Great thread Sir! Yours is one of the major reasons I'm so sure about getting my Superlow early next year. Thanks for your posts, I'm sure it must've helped a lot of guys like me in major dilemma before plonking so much Vitamin M.
welcome to the club buddy... Its the same story with me. How long have they quoted? They have quoted 8 months for mine ~ Feb'15, but i'm guessing I should get it by December.
abhimanyu_singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2014, 01:34   #333
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 21
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Got these collectors winter 100th Anniversary Jackets...
Damn neat Jacket! Where did you pick it up from? May I ask how much it cost you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
welcome to the club buddy... Its the same story with me. How long have they quoted? They have quoted 8 months for mine ~ Feb'15, but i'm guessing I should get it by December.
I took a test ride in May and then left India. I called last month to book and I was told that the Superlow would be stopped henceforth because of the upcoming Superlow 1200T and that the dealer was expecting only 2-3 superlow 883 in Jan '15. The dealer said they'd been notified by HD India about this. This was really disappointing. So I shot an email to Anoop Prakash and got a reply that it's not true and Superlow 883 was still available. All seemed so absurd.
A few days later I got an email from the dealer about the booking process and that I could get the bike in December '14.
I haven't booked the bike as yet since I'm returning next month and will take a longer test ride and then finalise. The one I took was less than a km.
Another reason is that 1200T looks tempting
There's no doubt in my heart that I will go for anything except Superlow. Yet, I want to take a longer ride before I book since I want the bike only in March '15 so not in a big hurry as such.
Till then pacifying my hunger reading reviews, blogs and every tit bit I can lay my hands on
When did you book the bike? I was also told that there's no other colour available other than black.

Dheeraj Sir, sorry to discuss this on your thread but I was pretty sure you wouldn't mind as long as we were discussing 'her' !!
Avior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2014, 09:52   #334
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,985
Thanked: 4,026 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avior View Post
Where did you pick it up from? May I ask how much it cost you?
I picked it up on my last weeks trip to Thailand. In fact I picked up 3 of these including one in black in kid size. Price is too embarrassingly low to quote .
Quote:
the upcoming Superlow 1200T
That is one mouth watering alternative to the Superlow 883. Best of both worlds and even more chromed.
Quote:
I was pretty sure you wouldn't mind as long as we were discussing 'her' !!
Absolutely. Go ahead mates.
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2014, 10:06   #335
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 21
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Price is too embarrassingly low to quote ..
Another reason to plan a trip to the land of smiles
Avior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2014, 21:43   #336
BHPian
 
Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 71
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Looking at superlow 1200T so promising, I called up the HD dealer I've been in touch with. I got informed that 1200T is not getting launched in India !

Could this be true? An iron 883 fan by heart I want to convince myself on the superlow for its no less!
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014, 02:26   #337
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 21
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Looking at superlow 1200T so promising, I called up the HD dealer I've been in touch with. I got informed that 1200T is not getting launched in India !

Could this be true? An iron 883 fan by heart I want to convince myself on the superlow for its no less!
When my dealer told me about 1200T, he told me that the official mail they got mentioned that the price difference between 883 and 1200T would be in the range of Rs 50,000. Obviously that can never happen and it would be in the range of 2-2.5 lakhs I feel. Anyways, the point is that the dealer himself might be misinformed in some cases. Like mine also told me that they're going to stop 883.
Yes the 1200T looks great in some aspects like more chrome, the saddle bags, better placed and more comfortable foot pegs, easy suspension knob and of course better engine.
However, the difference in price is a factor (if it matters) plus I personally didn't like the windshield and the seat. To me any roadster loses its charm with a 2 up seat. It retains its charm with the solo.

That reminds me, Dheeraj sir, did you manage to get that nut which could enable you remove the pillion seat quickly? I was actually hoping you'd get one so I could ask you the details.
Avior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014, 11:04   #338
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,799
Thanked: 983 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avior View Post
When my dealer told me about 1200T, he told me that the official mail they got mentioned that the price difference between 883 and 1200T would be in the range of Rs 50,000. Obviously that can never happen and it would be in the range of 2-2.5 lakhs I feel. Anyways, the point is that the dealer himself might be misinformed in some cases. Like mine also told me that they're going to stop 883.
Yes the 1200T looks great in some aspects like more chrome, the saddle bags, better placed and more comfortable foot pegs, easy suspension knob and of course better engine.
However, the difference in price is a factor (if it matters) plus I personally didn't like the windshield and the seat. To me any roadster loses its charm with a 2 up seat. It retains its charm with the solo.

That reminds me, Dheeraj sir, did you manage to get that nut which could enable you remove the pillion seat quickly? I was actually hoping you'd get one so I could ask you the details.
Difference 50000? Gosh! how ridiculous! The 1200 upgrade kit for 883 costs about a lakh plus, plus labor, plus taxes, plus this and plus that!

they might have gotten confused! 883 was never going to be "stopped" permanently. They had stopped 883 to push 750 out! Market Hype as they call.

Superlows will be back on the roads by October/November time frame.

So for those who are counting up to 2015 - Brace for impact by Oct/Nov 2014! (unconfirmed news though)
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014, 11:16   #339
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 21
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Brace for impact!
Very well framed .
I can visualise/fantasise that. And each time I visualise "Brace for impact", I chuckle. I'm sure delivery of each bikers dream machine would be just like that.
Avior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2014, 20:03   #340
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,985
Thanked: 4,026 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avior View Post
did you manage to get that nut which could enable you remove the pillion seat quickly? I was actually hoping you'd get one so I could ask you the details.
Removing the pillion seat is anyways a max 5~10 minutes job. For now sticking with the OE setup.
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2014, 23:38   #341
BHPian
 
abhimanyu_singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hyderbad/Delhi
Posts: 185
Thanked: 102 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Difference 50000? Gosh! how ridiculous! The 1200 upgrade kit for 883 costs about a lakh plus, plus labor, plus taxes, plus this and plus that!

they might have gotten confused! 883 was never going to be "stopped" permanently. They had stopped 883 to push 750 out! Market Hype as they call.

Superlows will be back on the roads by October/November time frame.

So for those who are counting up to 2015 - Brace for impact by Oct/Nov 2014! (unconfirmed news though)
I think that could be about right Shubz. Since the price differential wrt iron and superlow is more than a lac, a flash kit plus labor would increase the cost not more than 1.5 lacs, or effectively 50k more than the iron. But you never know the actual cost might be more given the added frills.

I so hope they are back by Oct / Nov and I get a call from Capital Harley saying that your Superlow is here...

Last edited by abhimanyu_singh : 6th July 2014 at 23:41.
abhimanyu_singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 09:45   #342
BHPian
 
Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 71
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

@Dhiraj Sir- Greetings of the day to you and all. I'm needing your insight again. I'm almost close to book the Superlow or the Iron within a week it's going to be superlow mostly. However my mind is held up on a thing. I live in New Bombay and the rains here are quite grand. How would chrome behave in humid conditions I wonder. Can you please comment? Does maintaining chrome require a special attention. I'm happy if it's small but if its hectic then I am scared. Frankly when I see chrome on other bikes and in the condition they are in monsoons, makes me nervous. Please help.

Last edited by Vista : 10th July 2014 at 09:46. Reason: typo correction
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 12:55   #343
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,985
Thanked: 4,026 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Does maintaining chrome require a special attention.
I give my bike about 10 minutes TLC every morning before going for tennis. Call it a warm up before the main game. That keeps all the chrome parts shining and tip top. And a Formula-1 wax polish every 15~30 days. If you can do that then you are set for life, as you can see from the recent photographs of my bike on the preceding pages. If you can't then all metal will definitely dull with time with water marks/corrosion etc. You can also buy a good cover (link and photos in preceding pages of my thread) to keep it covered during monsoons which will require lesser maintenance. It's all about how much you love your ride eventually. The bike has so much character that it understands and repays any love/labour you shower upon it.

Last edited by dkaile : 10th July 2014 at 13:00.
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 19:15   #344
BHPian
 
Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 71
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Dhiraj Sir & Shubz- Thank You for all your detailing, knowledge and tips. I must have read your posts so many times already.

!! I have booked Denim Black Iron 883 today!!

I look forward to start a thread with the entire pre and post ownership experience. Yes the painful wait starts for me. I want the delivery on 25th Dec as it happens to be my twins babies bday.
Vista is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 23:59   #345
BHPian
 
abhimanyu_singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hyderbad/Delhi
Posts: 185
Thanked: 102 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post

!! I have booked Denim Black Iron 883 today!!

.
Welcome to the club buddy, although I'm yet to receive my Superlow. Looking forward to your ownership report
abhimanyu_singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dustom's Harley-Davidson SuperLow 1250 is now Turbocharged dustom_99 Superbikes & Imports 152 21st April 2016 22:29
My Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow! josepeter Superbikes & Imports 59 5th October 2015 21:04
Harley Davidson SuperLow to Super Glide Custom and now the Fat Boy Hammer & Anvil Superbikes & Imports 42 6th March 2014 19:17
Raffle : A Harley Davidson Superlow akshaymahajan Superbikes & Imports 12 1st October 2012 23:52
Harley-Davidson introduces SuperLow @ 5.5 lacs!!!!!! wanderluster Superbikes & Imports 68 19th March 2012 18:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:55.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks