Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2014, 09:06   #361
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,985
Thanked: 4,026 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRam View Post
where did you source the exhausts from and do you recommend its installation at the time of delivery. Also what is your opinion on V&H straight shots/Staggered Shots.
I got Screaming Eagle Slip-Ons from the dealership itself but I fitted it myself at Meerut. V&H staggered shots/straight shots will be a FULL exhaust replacement and not just partial one like the slip-ons. I have fitted a staggered shots on a friend's Fat Bob along with V&H VO2 Air intake and V&H Fuel Map and boy are they loud. They wake up the entire neighborhood and are a little too loud for my liking. They would cost quite a bit extra too.
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 14:42   #362
BHPian
 
SDRam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Thanks Dhiraj. Sir, I have seen and read all your posts on your superlow thread. I have seen a slip on V&H on a website for about Rs.22,000+Shipping+Taxes. I dont know if I can mention the name and post a link here. I thought I would follow your advice on self service - regarding fitting the slipons. but the problem is deciding - whether to go for SE or V&H and again whether to fit them at time of delivery as per your opinion later after 2000kms and so on. the longer the waiting period, more the dilemma and trauma (!) also.
SDRam is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 15:24   #363
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,985
Thanked: 4,026 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRam View Post
but the problem is deciding - whether to go for SE or V&H and again whether to fit them at time of delivery as per your opinion later after 2000kms and so on.
If it's only the slip-ons you are interested in then for the Sportster engine the Screamin Eagles are slightly better sounding as per my and most of my Mutineers liking. I would advise you to get them fitted post the first service oil change after the bike has been broken in.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 15:32   #364
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Just got the information, that Contrary to everybody's perception about Harleys - Fatboys, Iron, Super Low- two each and a Night Rod covered approx 1400 Kms in 4 days to reach Leh today, soon they would start the descend back to Delhi, the bikes have come trouble free and are the most apt for any terrain according to the riders, and combated those tough terrains. Need to get in some more info regarding the river crossings from them before planning my own sojourn...
Dhiraj, what's the mileage you guys get while belting on the open straight highways? And any idea how much these guys got from their Harleys in the mountains? What's the approximate tank range (in kms) in both instances?
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 15:37   #365
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,985
Thanked: 4,026 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Dhiraj, what's the mileage you guys get while belting on the open straight highways? And any idea how much these guys got from their Harleys in the mountains? What's the approximate tank range (in kms) in both instances?
On my last week's Independence Ride to Rishikesh I got a mileage of exactly 20.5 kmpl with a pillion throughout the 400 km ride. We belted speeds of around 120-140 consistently on that ride and that too with a pillion. Tank range would depend on the bike model as all Harleys have different tank capacities. So for the Superlow's 17l tank it would safely be around 300-350 kms on a full tank, not adding 1.5l that should always remain in the tank for these fuel injected bikes. So take the range to be around 300 kms, give or take. Pictures to follow.

Last edited by dkaile : 20th August 2014 at 15:42.
dkaile is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 15:42   #366
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
On my last week's Independence Ride to Rishikesh I got a mileage of exactly 20.5 kmpl with a pillion throughout the 400 km ride. We belted speeds of around 120-140 consistently on that ride and that too with a pillion. Pictures to follow.
Thanks buddy.

I'm wondering which Indian bike (that can do at least 130 kmph) has the maximum tank range.

Last edited by ebonho : 20th August 2014 at 15:44.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 15:46   #367
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,985
Thanked: 4,026 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Tank range from top up to hitting reserve? How much usable in reserve?
I think I edited the previous post while you were typing. There is no reserve per se' in Harleys, only a low fuel warning light which comes on with approximately 5l still in the tank provided you don't tilt the bike when it's nearing reserve as that might give a false warning light (happened to me with 10l still in the tank).
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 16:15   #368
BHPian
 
SDRam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Thanks. Any idea about rush performance slipons for the superlow? Sound is similar to V&H i feel. I have not heard physically but on youtube only.
SDRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 18:10   #369
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,799
Thanked: 983 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRam View Post
Thanks. Any idea about rush performance slipons for the superlow? Sound is similar to V&H i feel. I have not heard physically but on youtube only.
Ram - On the 2014 onwards models, it is not an easy job to remove stock and slip on the Slip-on's

And about Rush and Bassanis and Cobra's -- Hold your horses. You will lose all warranty if you get anything installed outside of HD service center.

I own a 2014 Iron and I have a thread here too. Reach out to me for any clarifications - I will do my best to help you out.
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 21:14   #370
BHPian
 
SDRam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Thanks Shubz. I have gone through your thread also but this thread is being followed more just because i have booked one already. Dhiraj's thread is very inspirational and informative for anyone thinking to buy a HD especially the Superlow. May be somewhere this also has inspired me in the process of buying a HD. But somehow i am not so attracted to the iron or the 48 - maybe lesser chrome is the reason - just my personal opinion.
Dhiraj ji, please dont feel that I am using your thread for myself. I just dont want to start a new thread on Superlow. Your existing thread is excellent and very informative already.
Dhiraj in this thread has shown every step to do the change of the exhausts. So i had thought of doing the same. But I did not know the fact that changes have been made to 2014 models. But for now thinking to go with the advice of the experts/Elders in the field.
Any idea on the launch of 1200 Superlow?
SDRam is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 11:06   #371
BHPian
 
abhimanyu_singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hyderbad/Delhi
Posts: 185
Thanked: 102 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRam View Post
Dhiraj's thread is very inspirational and informative for anyone thinking to buy a HD especially the Superlow. May be somewhere this also has inspired me in the process of buying a HD. But somehow i am not so attracted to the iron or the 48 - maybe lesser chrome is the reason - just my personal opinion.
Dhiraj in this thread has shown every step to do the change of the exhausts. So i had thought of doing the same. But I did not know the fact that changes have been made to 2014 models. But for now thinking to go with the advice of the experts/Elders in the field.
Hey buddy, I think we both are in the exact same boat, Dheeraj Sir's thread inspired me as well for going for Superlow. Also I was in a dilemma to get the exhaust at the time of deliverly or later, btw i prefer SE (mostly due to warranty). TBHP Veterans like Dheeraj, Shubz and Dushant advise made me decide to go for them at-least after munching couple of 1000 kms... bike is expected to be delivered to me by December/Jan, what about you?
abhimanyu_singh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 13:26   #372
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,799
Thanked: 983 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRam View Post
Thanks Shubz. I have gone through your thread also but this thread is being followed more just because i have booked one already. Dhiraj's thread is very inspirational and informative for anyone thinking to buy a HD especially the Superlow. May be somewhere this also has inspired me in the process of buying a HD. But somehow i am not so attracted to the iron or the 48 - maybe lesser chrome is the reason - just my personal opinion.
Dhiraj ji, please dont feel that I am using your thread for myself. I just dont want to start a new thread on Superlow. Your existing thread is excellent and very informative already.
Dhiraj in this thread has shown every step to do the change of the exhausts. So i had thought of doing the same. But I did not know the fact that changes have been made to 2014 models. But for now thinking to go with the advice of the experts/Elders in the field.
Any idea on the launch of 1200 Superlow?
Ram - The point here was not to divert your attention from the Superlow. The only thing was to draw your attention away from anything besides Screaming Eagles/VnH as these are covered/supported by Harley Service. The last thing you'd want is fall for any of the other brands, no matter how good or better they are from the brands listed above, and lose out on official support, unless you have a state of the art service support elsewhere besides Harley Davidson support.

Cheers.
Shubz
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 15:40   #373
BHPian
 
SDRam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

@Shubz - Cheers. You are absolutely right. But you've got me wrong. Didn't mean it. Just put my thoughts in print. Besides, I have seen your bike's images - the bike looks beautiful - no second word on that. One more thread has a similar colored bike as yours'. Like the color very much but may be the lesser chrome and riding posture of iron/48 (I presumed it is like regular two wheelers - Correct me on this if I am wrong) just put me onto the superlow.
Actually I had liked the sitting posture on Hyosung ST7 and Aquila pro - especially the pro. but later decided to stick with HD. Now waiting if the HD people will release the 1200 here before I get my bike delivered. (I can upgrade). But really I am nervous about riding this bike. Long time since I have used a bike regularly!

And one more thing Shubz - V&H will be fitted by the HD people themselves? would it not then lapse the warranty?

@abhimanyu_singh - Tusker people say I might get it by november end. I really don't know. Will be sure only after it has landed!!
SDRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 15:43   #374
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,985
Thanked: 4,026 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
The last thing you'd want is fall for any of the other brands, no matter how good or better they are from the brands listed above, and lose out on official support, unless you have a state of the art service support elsewhere besides Harley Davidson support.
I wouldn't be so paranoid about the so called "official" Harley support. They are a nice bunch and unless the "unofficial" part causes actual damage to your bike, which is the remotest likelihood as all these 3rd party manufacturers like Vance & Hines manufacture equally good quality parts if not better than Harley, they honor their warranties. My friend has just totally redesigned the front end of his one year old Street Bob from a custom shop in Gurgaon with stunning results.

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-amber-anands-street-bob_1.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-amber-anands-street-bob_2.jpg

It's a Harley mate, go out there and experiment and customise. That's what this bike is all about...
dkaile is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 15:55   #375
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Dhiraj, keeping with the mood of the times, someone is going to file a PIL against your friend for having a tricolor buff against his nose and mouth.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dustom's Harley-Davidson SuperLow 1250 is now Turbocharged dustom_99 Superbikes & Imports 152 21st April 2016 22:29
My Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow! josepeter Superbikes & Imports 59 5th October 2015 21:04
Harley Davidson SuperLow to Super Glide Custom and now the Fat Boy Hammer & Anvil Superbikes & Imports 42 6th March 2014 19:17
Raffle : A Harley Davidson Superlow akshaymahajan Superbikes & Imports 12 1st October 2012 23:52
Harley-Davidson introduces SuperLow @ 5.5 lacs!!!!!! wanderluster Superbikes & Imports 68 19th March 2012 18:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:05.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks