Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 27th February 2014, 14:55   #286
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

You could have quoted me and responded on my thread instead of writing it here on your own thread

Goodluck on your bike and this is my last comment on your thread and appreciate the same from your end !!!
Apologies if this hurt any sentiments. It wasn't the intention. Avi - I have sent you a PM on the same.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 17:11   #287
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Apologies if this hurt any sentiments. It wasn't the intention. Avi - I have sent you a PM on the same.
Chill Dude. No worries

Everyone have the right to their opinions we just need to learn to respect that.

I use this simple logic. I respond if it works for me, ignore if it doesnt work for me !!!
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 18:29   #288
Senior - BHPian

Actually it was my statement Shubz was referring to, because it was I who said that how you look on a bike is for others to appreciate (or not), but how you feel on the bike and how the bike feels under you is for you and only you, and for me that's what's truly important. I do appreciate that there would be a class of motorcycle owners who would be more interested in how they look on the bike and what image they portray (or try to) or where they are seen and by whom they are seen or with whom they are seen. But that's not me. Different trips. No offense meant nor any sideswipes aimed at anyone. Just putting my point across since its my statement that's been quoted here. Though I do agree with Avi, Shubz. There was no need to be obtuse about it. Would much rather have preferred "Doc/ebonho said" than "someone said" ..... Peace.

Last edited by ebonho : 27th February 2014 at 18:45.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2014, 14:01   #289
BHPian

Gents.

Got a call from the dealer yesterday. He said that my bike is part of the latest consignment and is expected to reach mumbai by next Saturday . I could have never imagined that the waiting period of 3 months can reduce to two weeks. This news certainly got me super excited and it was hard to concentrate on my work in office yesterday. I was also told that this will be the last consignment for the Amber whiskey color and they wont be receiving that color anymore post this consignment. I certainly got my timing right (For a change). I will be preferably taking the delivery on Sunday unless there is any delay in bike reaching mumbai. Wish me luck. Will keep you all posted.

Cheers guyes.
Abhishekjp is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2014, 14:11   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishekjp View Post
I was also told that this will be the last consignment for the Amber whiskey color and they wont be receiving that color anymore post this consignment.
Congrats Abhishek. That's good to know on the color. Good move by Harley as well, and a good precedent for the future with other nice colors too, to maintain exclusivity. Already on Team BHP alone yours would be the third Amber Whisky 883 (I don't know if we have someone with any other color).
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 01:32   #291
BHPian

Had a great time today finally managing to ride along with Shubz after he got the Harley. One has to see the amber whiskey color in person to appreciate how it stands out from the crowd of all black harleys.

My tiny puny duke managed to keep up with the mighty cruisers today. Ride was amazing and very well conducted.

A picture from the ride to bellur cross.
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-1393703542027.jpg

P.s The Triumph bonneville was the silent killer amongst all the bikes there today. 3 words for it - Discrete ,powerful and classy.
Parthasarathig is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 12:48   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Had a great time today finally managing to ride along with Shubz after he got the Harley. One has to see the amber whiskey color in person to appreciate how it stands out from the crowd of all black harleys.

My tiny puny duke managed to keep up with the mighty cruisers today. Ride was amazing and very well conducted.

A picture from the ride to bellur cross.
Attachment 1213855

P.s The Triumph bonneville was the silent killer amongst all the bikes there today. 3 words for it - Discrete ,powerful and classy.
Hi Partha and other from the ride who might be here (never got to ask if any one else was a TBHPian), thanks for the lovely company and a nice ride. Lovely Dosa and Coffee as well

Thanks for the words of appreciation of the Bonnie

Shubz, it was a nice group and thanks for taking the trouble of organising the ride. Next time a longer one please.

Best Regards & Ride safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 15:22   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gents.

Got a call from the dealer yesterday. He said that my bike is part of the latest consignment and is expected to reach mumbai by next Saturday . I could have never imagined that the waiting period of 3 months can reduce to two weeks. This news certainly got me super excited and it was hard to concentrate on my work in office yesterday. I was also told that this will be the last consignment for the Amber whiskey color and they wont be receiving that color anymore post this consignment. I certainly got my timing right (For a change). I will be preferably taking the delivery on Sunday unless there is any delay in bike reaching mumbai. Wish me luck. Will keep you all posted.

Cheers guyes.
Abhishek - Told ya - You may not have to wait all that long! What are the next colors in line? Sand Cammo Denim? for the next quarter or so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hi Partha and other from the ride who might be here (never got to ask if any one else was a TBHPian), thanks for the lovely company and a nice ride. Lovely Dosa and Coffee as well

Thanks for the words of appreciation of the Bonnie

Shubz, it was a nice group and thanks for taking the trouble of organising the ride. Next time a longer one please.

Best Regards & Ride safe

Ram
Sorry Ram sir, I should done a better introduction session Thank you so much for joining for the ride, waiting with me while the others joined.

I promise to organize a longer one (an Overnighter) next time you are here!
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 21:03   #294
BHPian

[quote=Shubz;3381673]Abhishek - Told ya - You may not have to wait all that long! What are the next colors in line? Sand Cammo Denim? for the next quarter or so?

Amber whiskey to be replaced by Sand Cammo Denim. I wonder how many people are going to like it though. Looks too dull to me.
Abhishekjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 21:06   #295
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Abhishekjp;3381824]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Abhishek - Told ya - You may not have to wait all that long! What are the next colors in line? Sand Cammo Denim? for the next quarter or so?

Amber whiskey to be replaced by Sand Cammo Denim. I wonder how many people are going to like it though. Looks too dull to me.
Looks like it's going to be the Candy purple and not the Sand Cammo. But I personally (my personal opinion only) Nothing to beat the Amber Whiskey Color 😃
Old 3rd March 2014, 00:30   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hi Ram sir, was a pleasure riding along with you guys yesterday. Your Bonnie is in great shape, was fun watching you overtake Hope to catch up soon on another ride.

[quote=Shubz;3381826]
Quote:

Looks like it's going to be the Candy purple and not the Sand Cammo. But I personally (my personal opinion only) Nothing to beat the Amber Whiskey Color
Out of all the harleys parked there, some girls wanted to pose on the Amber whiskey only
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 16:50   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Gents.

Cheers guyes.
Awesome Abhishek :-) Very happy for you man. I had a similar experience and can connect with the pure bliss when months become days
AC_genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 08:07   #298
BHPian

Question for Shubz/AC genius

How difficult is it to remove the pillon sit OURSELF for Iron?? Why i am asking this is because as i am registering my Iron Myself (As i stay outside Mumbai) , when we show up the bike for passing, it has to have a solo sit only. So what i have thought of doing is that i will get the pillon sit fixed as i will be going to take delivery of Iron along with my wife and on the next day i will remove the pillon sit and will present the bike for passing.
Abhishekjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 09:25   #299
Senior - BHPian

Removing the pillion seat is a breeze. A 3 minute job. Please go for the removable sissy bar/backrest. Then removing the backrest is as simple as taking the watch off your wrist. 😃
Old 4th March 2014, 17:03   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Question for Shubz/AC genius

How difficult is it to remove the pillon sit OURSELF for Iron?? Why i am asking this is because as i am registering my Iron Myself (As i stay outside Mumbai) , when we show up the bike for passing, it has to have a solo sit only. So what i have thought of doing is that i will get the pillon sit fixed as i will be going to take delivery of Iron along with my wife and on the next day i will remove the pillon sit and will present the bike for passing.
Well I am not sure of your friendly neighborhood RTO but normally this is not stringently checked as far as my experience goes. I did the passing and registration formalities myself and did not face any issue with the installed pillion seat during passing. Nonetheless as Shubz mentioned, it is fairly easy to remove/install the back seat with the basic tools.
AC_genius is offline   Reply With Quote