Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 11th March 2014, 00:15   #301
BHPian

Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

[quote=Shubz;3381826]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishekjp View Post

Looks like it's going to be the Candy purple and not the Sand Cammo. But I personally (my personal opinion only) Nothing to beat the Amber Whiskey Color 😃
Called up the Kochi dealer. They said they haven't received any such intimation from HD India regarding change in colors. According to them Matt Black and Amber Whiskey are on offer for the time being.

Oh and a reduction of Rs. 7,259 has occurred in the price as a result of the new budget.

But there is going to be a 10% increase in price from April onwards.
TheStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 00:26   #302
BHPian

[quote=TheStig;3388127]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post

Called up the Kochi dealer. They said they haven't received any such intimation from HD India regarding change in colors. According to them Matt Black and Amber Whiskey are on offer for the time being.

Oh and a reduction of Rs. 7,259 has occurred in the price as a result of the new budget.

This 10% increase in price is on ex-showroom ? And is it is applicable to all harley davidson models INCLUDING the street 750 or just the iron/sportster lineup ?
basuroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 00:30   #303
BHPian

[quote=basuroy;3388129]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post

This 10% increase in price is on ex-showroom ? And is it is applicable to all harley davidson models INCLUDING the street 750 or just the iron/sportster lineup ?
10% increase on ex-showroom price.
I'm not sure about the Street 750 since its a new model, but this increase is applicable to all other models in the lineup.
TheStig is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 00:56   #304
BHPian

[quote=TheStig;3388130]
Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post

10% increase on ex-showroom price.
I'm not sure about the Street 750 since its a new model, but this increase is applicable to all other models in the lineup.
Really thank you for this tip , I'm in the market for street and 10% equates to 40k which is a considerable sum . I will follow up a couple of dealers tomorrow and confirm (in the street thread) if street is affected , I hope not because test rides are only available from 2nd week of april. :/
Old 11th March 2014, 12:05   #305
Senior - BHPian

Prices applicable at the time of delivery is what you need to pay irrespective of what the prices are at the time of booking. They have this clause in the T&C and will highlight it when you make the initial payment. (at least they did that for me)
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 19:52   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Prices applicable at the time of delivery is what you need to pay irrespective of what the prices are at the time of booking. They have this clause in the T&C and will highlight it when you make the initial payment. (at least they did that for me)
say I book the street in march with 30k cash deposit and during delivery in june , they tell me it now costs 40k more. In that case can I pull out without the 15k penalty for cancelling the order ?

BTW is this standard industry norm when it comes to automobiles(both cars and bikes) ?
Old 12th March 2014, 08:38   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
say I book the street in march with 30k cash deposit and during delivery in june , they tell me it now costs 40k more. In that case can I pull out without the 15k penalty for cancelling the order ?

BTW is this standard industry norm when it comes to automobiles(both cars and bikes) ?
This is the standard industry norm and is clearly mentioned in the pricing documents and T&C's.

If you do decide to cancel the order due to a price increase, the dealership may hold back a certain amount. Do speak with the dealer if this can be waived off though.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2014, 11:07   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

When I booked, I paid 50k and asked, what if I decide to back off. They said, 25k will be held back. But then since I was nice to them and vice versa, they said, sir, don't worry, you won't cancel. And in any case you do, within a month or two, we will refund all your money.

The point I want to highlight is - If you are in good terms, they can be bent over.

But technically, they can withhold the amount stating T&C.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2014, 12:23   #309
BHPian

Hello gentlemen, you have made some rather fair points. I second most of them but feel obligated to share just 2 bits from experience -

1. You don't buy your dream machine everyday so if you are not 100% yet wait and follow your heart once you are sure. In case you have your affirmation then don't think about money. The bliss will easily cover the added cost (if any!)

2. I second Shubz; Make friend with your dealer Even beyond the buying experience you would need them to keep your ride up and about. Harley needs a fair bit of love and attention. End of day there is always a way to get things done but err on the prudent and conservative side to be safe.
AC_genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2014, 12:44   #310
BHPian

[quote=TheStig;3388127]
Quote:

Mate
I was informed about this price hike when i booked my Iron last month but they were not sure abt the % hike. I am getting the delivery this Saturday so thankfully the price hike does not apply.
Shek
Abhishekjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2014, 12:48   #311
Senior - BHPian

Advance congrats Shek!

If there is a price hike/slash as on Saturday, that will be applicable to you. If a price hike/slash is expected on Monday (as an example), then it won't be applicable to you unless you are making the final payment then. It all depends on the day you take delivery.

Thats why the T&C reads - "Prices at the time of delivery" Smart!

Abhishek and others who are going to take delivery of the Iron in the near future,

Please ensure there is enough play in the clutch lever before taking delivery. They do mention about sensors (in a whole lot of places). If there is no play in the clutch lever, some sensor actuates the clutch partially and it could result in a clutch burn out.

Also please have the drive belt tension loosened up a little bit. there could be a humming noise if the Belt is too tight (stock tightness)

some "nth" sense got this into me, and I have had the clutch play adjusted at the beginning and also once after 1st service.

PS: This is only a friendly suggestion to all and in no way means the quality is bad or the brand is bad. Request forum members not to pounce on this opportunity to bash the brand.

Mods: Request you to merge this post of mine with the previous post (as its a back to back post).

Thank you.

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th March 2014 at 14:21. Reason: merging posts and removing improper quote tags
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2014, 19:08   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Advance congrats Shek!If there is a price hike/slash as on Saturday, that will be applicable to you. If a price hike/slash is expected on Monday (as an example), then it won't be applicable to you unless you are making the final payment then. It all depends on the day you take delivery.
Thanks a ton, Shubz for your inputs. Will shurelly check those things as part of the PDI checks.

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th March 2014 at 13:29. Reason: Please dont quote entire post for a one line reply !!
Abhishekjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 09:49   #313
BHPian

Shubz, I'm not sure on which ride I met you, was it on the Kolar ride or the Penakonda ride. Anyways, nice to see your thread here and happy riding
raghu4222 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 15:02   #314
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore chapter had organized an overnighter to Ooty. Started from Bangalore on Saturday, spent the night at Ooty, returned on Sunday. Close to 35 bikes joined this parade.

In the bargain - I crossed 5K on the Odo
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-5k.jpg

Before embarking on this, I got the following checked

1) Clutch plates, Clutch play. (Some bikes had encountered clutch plate burn outs - for riding half clutch for longer duration - Nothing to do with the brand, any bikes clutch would fry if used half)
2) Fork oil - someone took a Harley to a non-official service center and they said "Gosh - Your bike has no fork oil! And they filled it in for him and charged, of course.
3) Wheel bearings.
4) Belt tension.
5) Brake pads

Thankfully - Everything is in perfect order!
Shubz is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 13:10   #315

Hi Shubz, I've already seen certain points where you have mentioned as things to get done while taking the delivery.
I also would need your help in figuring out the accessories I should be looking at.
I am 5.11" with heavy built (about 94 kgs). Do you think the seat of the Iron is good enough or I will have to change it as per my size. I was looking at the various available models and felt Sundowner Deep Bucket Seat to be a good option.
Windshield - How important is that?
Leather throw away saddle bags - Any idea how useful these are or if there is a better yet more economical option available for the same.
Pillion seat, Engine guard I will be going for sure.
There are few other accessories like Oil Level & Temperature Dipstick and Sportster Fuel Gauge Kit which I am interested in but not sure if they are really needed.
If there is anything else which you feel is important please let me know.
Please help me decide and close the accessories I should be looking at buying.
Thanks in advance.
see India is offline   Reply With Quote