Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2014, 09:41   #391
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: haridwar
Posts: 588
Thanked: 448 Times
Default

Name:  ForumRunner_20140515_093741.png
Views: 1155
Size:  515.5 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20140515_093731.png
Views: 1153
Size:  441.9 KB


For rear. Cost around 3.2k. Burn'm as you like!
By the way they last longer than oem ones.less prone to puncher but braking and handling is below mich.

They are going to be my next tyres, cant keep burning 25k on oem set every year.

Last edited by dustom_99 : 15th May 2014 at 09:57.
dustom_99 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 10:02   #392
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,757
Thanked: 3,355 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
For rear. Cost around 3.2k.
Which brand are these and manufacturing country? And source of purchase?
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 11:18   #393
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: haridwar
Posts: 588
Thanked: 448 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Which brand are these and manufacturing country? And source of purchase?
Pirelli , cost 4k for front/ 3.2-3.4 for rear. purchased in doon, by a Doon HOG. Made in India - since Max speed is mentioned instead of Speed rating denoted by a letter for Tyres manufactured in Europe / USA/ Australia.

Last edited by dustom_99 : 15th May 2014 at 11:20.
dustom_99 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2014, 09:36   #394
BHPian
 
vulcanize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NYC/Chennai
Posts: 82
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Congratulations.

That is one awesome/ beautiful bike. Ride safe.

Cheers.
vulcanize is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2014, 13:12   #395
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,791
Thanked: 976 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Whenever I rode with a pillion, I was always worried if the pillion was able to plant the foot properly on the stick like foot pegs. When I repeatedly asked, I got an answer that the leg did slip on a few occasions. Thats when I decided -- as much as rider safety is paramount, pillion safety is double paramount

And this is what I got!

Name:  new foot peg.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  57.1 KB
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2014, 17:28   #396
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 39
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

I have replaced the rider foot pegs with these on my Street Bob and find them comfortable. I had to raise the gear lever a tad for optimum comfort though.

cheers
Jayant06 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 13:18   #397
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,791
Thanked: 976 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

8000 completed on the Odo! <Knock on wood> The bike still runs like a charm!

Name:  8000.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  72.6 KB

The VnH slip on's, the stage 1 SE air filter and the SE super tuner have adapted well.

Decel pop is not pronounced. Happens only when if I run the bike when the engine is not heated up well from a cold start. But I love the way it pops! whenever it does!

I wish I could measure the increase in performance and put it up here. But seems like I would need to buy a ridiculously expensive cable for the same.

Wish I had some way of doing this less expensively!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 16:27   #398
Senior - BHPian
 
r_nairtvm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dubai/TRV/BLR
Posts: 1,687
Thanked: 1,462 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Hi Shubz,

You are really rolling.

Hope you had a good trip to Shimoga. Was too lazy to wake up to see you off.

Put up some pictures of the ride at least

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 17:34   #399
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,791
Thanked: 976 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hi Shubz,

You are really rolling.

Hope you had a good trip to Shimoga. Was too lazy to wake up to see you off.

Put up some pictures of the ride at least

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Haha Ram sir! seems like I am! Here are a few pics of the ride. Beautiful weather and beautiful roads! (Apologies, some pics are fuzzy as it was taken by a pillion at crazy speeds)
Attached Thumbnails
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-sh1.jpg  

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-sh2.jpg  

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-sh3.jpg  

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-sh4.jpg  

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-sh5.jpg  


Last edited by Shubz : 19th May 2014 at 17:37.
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 19:43   #400
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,393
Thanked: 6,983 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Haha Ram sir! seems like I am! Here are a few pics of the ride. Beautiful weather and beautiful roads!
Shubz is that you in the last picture? You seem to have a cool looking gear

Can you outline the gear brands that you wear ( head to toe) and prices and where you acquired them from ( if you wouldnt like to share here you can even PM me)

Cheers and Keep Riding !!
Avi
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 21:54   #401
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,791
Thanked: 976 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Shubz is that you in the last picture? You seem to have a cool looking gear

Can you outline the gear brands that you wear ( head to toe) and prices and where you acquired them from ( if you wouldnt like to share here you can even PM me)

Cheers and Keep Riding !!
Avi
Thanks Avi, Yes thats me in the last pic. Regarding gear, here goes,

Helmet - Shark S700 Stipple (INR 20K)
Jacket - Harley Davidson make (upper portion and arms in leather, mesh otherwise) - INR 18K
Gloves - Alpinestars Octane-S Moto Gloves - $99.95 (Bought off Revzilla)
Riding pants - Sedici Alexi 3 season pants - Bought at CycleGear.com store at Raleigh NC - It carried $139.99 price tag, but on hearing I am from India and I ride a KTM Duke and knows a bit about biking etc AND come all the way to his store for m/c gear - threw in a price of $110 lol!
Shoes - Puma Testastretta II ankle length riding boots - $169 (Bought off Revzilla - now priced at $195)
Glasses - Oakley MotoGP Fives Squared


Pheww!
Shubz is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 10:23   #402
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: haridwar
Posts: 588
Thanked: 448 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
8000 completed on the Odo! <Knock on wood> The bike still runs like a charm!

Attachment 1241973

The VnH slip on's, the stage 1 SE air filter and the SE super tuner have adapted well.

Decel pop is not pronounced. Happens only when if I run the bike when the engine is not heated up well from a cold start. But I love the way it pops! whenever it does!

I wish I could measure the increase in performance and put it up here. But seems like I would need to buy a ridiculously expensive cable for the same.

Wish I had some way of doing this less expensively!

Decl POP is not a good thing for motor. It sends shock waves through out the entire system ,and also cause Ring flutter.
Far too many dead enfields with opend up mufflers, Dead not because of Open mufflers but crackers on dcel and people Loving it too!


As far as Tuner goes , I told You to consider PV1. It would have come with everything Included ( even some Customised Tunes)
dustom_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 11:13   #403
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,791
Thanked: 976 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
Decl POP is not a good thing for motor. It sends shock waves through out the entire system ,and also cause Ring flutter.
Far too many dead enfields with opend up mufflers, Dead not because of Open mufflers but crackers on dcel and people Loving it too!


As far as Tuner goes , I told You to consider PV1. It would have come with everything Included ( even some Customised Tunes)
Dushyant bro

I know decel Pop isn't a great thing. But I guess thats the characteristic of Vance&Hines, be it slip on's or full systems. I have heard some of the full systems almost explode in a pop when decelerating and mine is just subtle pops. Not that I am being defensive here.

With the increased AFR, would subtle popping - that too only if the engine gets moving from a cold start, without warming up - would also be as bad as the pronounced pop's?

As far as PV1 was concerned, HD folks wouldn't do that for me - and I didn't want some other mechanics to do that.
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 11:41   #404
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: haridwar
Posts: 588
Thanked: 448 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Dushyant bro

I know decel Pop isn't a great thing. But I guess thats the characteristic of Vance&Hines, be it slip on's or full systems. I have heard some of the full systems almost explode in a pop when decelerating and mine is just subtle pops. Not that I am being defensive here.

With the increased AFR, would subtle popping - that too only if the engine gets moving from a cold start, without warming up - would also be as bad as the pronounced pop's?

As far as PV1 was concerned, HD folks wouldn't do that for me - and I didn't want some other mechanics to do that.
I am not sure , because your definition and mine of Subtle can be Different! But since you know quite a bit about Bikes, I will take you Judgement to be right.
PV1 does not require a mechanic , Just Hooking up its coupler with Diagnostic coupler near Battery is all it requires.
Its not required to keep PV1 mounted on the Bike (Users Choice to leave it on bike if one wants to use its Gauges or Remove). Just connect couplers , Load tune and remove!
While going for Official Service / warranty - connect couplers again and load Original tune.
dustom_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 14:17   #405
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,791
Thanked: 976 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
I am not sure , because your definition and mine of Subtle can be Different! But since you know quite a bit about Bikes, I will take you Judgement to be right.
PV1 does not require a mechanic , Just Hooking up its coupler with Diagnostic coupler near Battery is all it requires.
Its not required to keep PV1 mounted on the Bike (Users Choice to leave it on bike if one wants to use its Gauges or Remove). Just connect couplers , Load tune and remove!
While going for Official Service / warranty - connect couplers again and load Original tune.
Dushyant sir - I am a noob as far as knowing the technicalities are concerned. And the definition of subtle is totally mine. It could be different to different people.

PV1 was a mouth watering option but somehow I wished someone like you was around here in Bangalore with whom I had this kind of close interactions on the technical side.

I am trying to use some charms to get a screen shot of my AFR setting and other readings from their official system, which I guess is Out of bound for general public.
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 2014 Harley Iron 883 - Life has just begun Abhishekjp Superbikes & Imports 16 15th April 2014 21:18
Dreaming about the HD Iron 883: Should I take the plunge? di1in Superbikes & Imports 16 27th September 2013 15:08
RE Classic Desert Storm 500 or Used Harley Iron 883? MonsterPatrol Motorbikes 31 15th May 2013 22:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks