Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2013, 19:21   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,709
Thanked: 289 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Couple of things unwilling.

1) additional 2 Lakhs of Indian rupees.
2) 7.5 L fuel tank!

Activity alert from the Triumph thread, which i am sure you have an eye on....still. What will you do if they launch the ST before your booking gets realized . Man, you are about to
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2013, 19:27   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,791
Thanked: 978 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Activity alert from the Triumph thread, which i am sure you have an eye on....still. What will you do if they launch the ST before your booking gets realized . Man, you are about to
No Sammy No!

Am not going to jump ships now. Already jumped on to this bandwagon. I am Har-ley'd for now!
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 14:12   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,791
Thanked: 978 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Good to see 2014 stuff already in the stores!

Bad to know Tusker Harley folks still stand by the 6 MO waiting period!
Attached Thumbnails
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-aw1.jpg  

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-aw2.jpg  

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-new-hd1.jpg  

Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 14:31   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 922 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Good to see 2014 stuff already in the stores!

Bad to know Tusker Harley folks still stand by the 6 MO waiting period!
OH Dam, yet they are stating 6 months wait. The Amber Whiskey colour looks fabulous on the bike and as per Mumbai dealers they do not have major bookings for the colour and can deliver it sooner.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 14:32   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,773
Thanked: 3,381 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Good to see 2014 stuff already in the stores!
Could you clarify that? Both the photos of products shown by you are 2013 models. I have been seeing the amber whisky colour on these bikes since last 6 months and all are 2013 build year models.

Last edited by dkaile : 28th October 2013 at 14:38.
dkaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 15:42   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,791
Thanked: 978 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Could you clarify that? Both the photos of products shown by you are 2013 models. I have been seeing the amber whisky colour on these bikes since last 6 months and all are 2013 build year models.
Dhiraj sir,

You might be saying so because the license plates are at the back? instead of being at the sides?

They are 2014. Not just by the colors. The wiring is different than the 2013 (which was on display - which is their TR vehicle)

The switches are different. There is the "PASS" button on the right hand side controls in 2014 model. 2013 - you have to press both the indicator buttons at once to PASS?

The master brake cylinder is now placed on the right hand side, near the exhaust pipe.

The trip meter reset button isn't there at the bottom of the meter (I forgot where it is placed now though)

These are a few differences I noticed. They were not willing to show me the display as they said, they are sold, customers are there at the showroom, doing the final formalities.

And there is a different between Candy Orange and Amber Whiskey colors.
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 15:55   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,773
Thanked: 3,381 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
They are 2014.
That's really cool then. Yes, I cannot see the reset switch below the speedo as in 2013 models. That is why it seems, they have increased the rates of the XL by 20k.
dkaile is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 13:50   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Coimbatore / MENA
Posts: 655
Thanked: 938 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Sir - could you please elaborate on the above line? I (Harley owner in the waiting) - always thought the parts quality on the Harleys were impeccable with no compromise.

Thanks in advance
Shubz

Hi there. Congrats on your booking. Moved the conversation here to avoid being OT.

First of all, all perceptions are personal. I personally felt that the Footpegs, Bar grips, Ignition key, etc are not upto the standard of the rest of the bike. Also, some of the exposed nuts and bolts like the exhaust clamps are rusting disproportionately faster as compared to the rest of the bike. And chances are wherever you see a deficiency, there are "Customization" parts which have much better quality. Makes one wonder.


Cheers

Ride Safe.
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 15:08   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,791
Thanked: 978 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Hi there. Congrats on your booking. Moved the conversation here to avoid being OT.

First of all, all perceptions are personal. I personally felt that the Footpegs, Bar grips, Ignition key, etc are not upto the standard of the rest of the bike. Also, some of the exposed nuts and bolts like the exhaust clamps are rusting disproportionately faster as compared to the rest of the bike. And chances are wherever you see a deficiency, there are "Customization" parts which have much better quality. Makes one wonder.


Cheers

Ride Safe.
Thanks sir.

Are you saying even the Ignition key is Customizable?

I agree with the bar grips - they looked pretty ordinary/rubbery/spongy type and the "customized" bar grips were of far better quality (so is the price).
I didn't give that much attention to the foot pegs though.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 16:22   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Coimbatore / MENA
Posts: 655
Thanked: 938 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Thanks sir.

Are you saying even the Ignition key is Customizable?

I agree with the bar grips - they looked pretty ordinary/rubbery/spongy type and the "customized" bar grips were of far better quality (so is the price).
I didn't give that much attention to the foot pegs though.
Yeah, the keys can be "Custom" made as well.

I had to change the keys as soon as I saw the tiny OEM keys the bike came with.

Mine are these:
http://accessories.harley-davidson.e...ch-custom-keys

My friend had inquired about getting the same through the Bangalore dealer, but no luck, probably because he did not follow up with them. Dunno if they have started taking orders for keys yet or not. Another option is to get some funky blanks from ebay and take it to your local key maker.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 16:39   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,791
Thanked: 978 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post

Mine are these:
http://accessories.harley-davidson.e...ch-custom-keys

get some funky blanks from ebay and take it to your local key maker.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
Wow! Thats an awesome thing! Compared to that, the original key is pretty ordinary! And boy! 74 GBP

And regarding the blanks from ebay - Harleys guys will quickly jump and say "Warranty Void"!!!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 18:14   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
r_nairtvm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dubai/TRV/BLR
Posts: 1,695
Thanked: 1,486 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Wow! Thats an awesome thing! Compared to that, the original key is pretty ordinary! And boy! 74 GBP
Shubz, I chanced up on this thread today.

I can see you are already wowed by the HOG lifestyle additives

All the best.

But the max I will give you is 1 year as HOG if you are staying with 883

Have sent you a PM

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 18:20   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,791
Thanked: 978 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Shubz, I chanced up on this thread today.

I can see you are already wowed by the HOG lifestyle additives

All the best.

But the max I will give you is 1 year as HOG if you are staying with 883

Have sent you a PM

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Ram sir - Thanks for visiting my thread!

I have been wowed by the Iron. Not much by the "Customizations" though. I hope that 1 year is a pleasant year!
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 19:20   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,773
Thanked: 3,381 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

^
I find no parts on my Harley that won't last a decade or more as it is in stock condition without customisations. That better ones are available in their customisation range is an under-statement and that is the whole pleasure of owning a Harley that you can customise it to your heart's content but that is not to say that stock parts are of inferior quality. Proper upkeep and waxing of all the chrome parts and nuts will keep rust away in any bike/vehicle.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 20:07   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,791
Thanked: 978 Times
Default Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
^
I find no parts on my Harley that won't last a decade or more as it is in stock condition without customisations. That better ones are available in their customisation range is an under-statement and that is the whole pleasure of owning a Harley that you can customise it to your heart's content but that is not to say that stock parts are of inferior quality. Proper upkeep and waxing of all the chrome parts and nuts will keep rust away in any bike/vehicle.
Dhiraj - The 1 year that I mentioned was 1 year of using the Iron. wasn't talking about my idea of life expectancy of the parts


On a side note: I was thrilled to see a mail from Tusker Harley - I thought it was some info about my booking. But was thoroughly disappointed by its content - The mail was about some property they are promoting in Bangalore!! :(

Last edited by Shubz : 7th November 2013 at 20:09.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 2014 Harley Iron 883 - Life has just begun Abhishekjp Superbikes & Imports 16 15th April 2014 21:18
Dreaming about the HD Iron 883: Should I take the plunge? di1in Superbikes & Imports 16 27th September 2013 15:08
RE Classic Desert Storm 500 or Used Harley Iron 883? MonsterPatrol Motorbikes 31 15th May 2013 22:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks