Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 26th March 2014, 19:03   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Kawasaki Z1000 and Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs. 12.5 lakh

Say Hello to Pune's newest Z 1000. Delivered at 17: 30 today. Beautiful Machine!
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Z1000 and Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs. 12.5 lakh-20140326_170413.jpg  

Kawasaki Z1000 and Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs. 12.5 lakh-20140326_173559.jpg  

Attached Images

coolrain is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2014, 19:13   #32
BHPian

Default Kawasaki Z1000 and Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs. 12.5 lakh

@coolrain and everyone else who took delivery of their Z1000 how was your overall buying experience ?
My friend was lied with respect to the delivery time,not given the chassis no. nor the engine no. even after paying an advance of 5 lakhs. Delivery was delayed by a month. Looks like the monopoly in Maharashtra has taken its toll on the dealer.
Just a word of caution to everyone who are interested in buying these 2 superbikes :
Stay alert at all times and get everything in writing from the dealer. My friend was literally in tears due to delay in delivery as he had already paid for the special no. to the RTO for which the dealer himself had given a go ahead, but he delayed it for a month with just a day remaining for the special no. registration to expire.
Coming to the bike:
Kawasaki Z1000 and Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs. 12.5 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1395841325.770593.jpg
Z1000 with akrapovic titanium slip-on exhaust.
Kawasaki Z1000 and Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs. 12.5 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1395841395.107576.jpg
And yes,It's loud!!

Last edited by dean5545 : 26th March 2014 at 19:29.
dean5545 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 11:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrain View Post
Say Hello to Pune's newest Z 1000. Delivered at 17: 30 today. Beautiful Machine!
Congratulations on a beautiful bike. Please do remove the horrible front number plate and get a sticker reg done.. Ride safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
@coolrain and everyone else who took delivery of their Z1000 how was your overall buying experience ?
My friend was lied with respect to the delivery time,not given the chassis no. nor the engine no. even after paying an advance of 5 lakhs. Delivery was delayed by a month. Looks like the monopoly in Maharashtra has taken its toll on the dealer.
Just a word of caution to everyone who are interested in buying these 2 superbikes :
Stay alert at all times and get everything in writing from the dealer. My friend was literally in tears due to delay in delivery as he had already paid for the special no. to the RTO for which the dealer himself had given a go ahead, but he delayed it for a month with just a day remaining for the special no. registration to expire.
Coming to the bike:
I have not bought either of the two bikes..My friends have had a wonderful experience with kawasaki and i would know only on the 7th as my bike comes then, till now i have not had any problems and full payment is made.

Coming to your friends experience..on a 5 lakh booking amount they only book a slot. They themselves don't have the Vin no or production no of the bikes as they do not stock bikes with them, the bikes are imported against bookings. I too wanted the Vin no and production date as the colour offered for the 14r is a 2012 one. The delivery mentioned on their papers is 25 days after receiving full payment, so if your friend has been counting 25 days from paying the booking amount..he will feel it to be a delay. My bike is coming earlier then the expected date and everything was made clear from day one by the dealership. I would be getting a special no for my bike too, but i shall get it closer to the date promised or when the bike is at the showroom for pdi, no sense blocking a no 2 weeks in advance.

Would it be possible to share the cost of the special number either here or via pm?

The Akrapovics are awesome, not too loud and not to low. My friend and myself have also ordered Akras for our bikes.

Last edited by speedy : 27th March 2014 at 11:12.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 11:58   #34
BHPian

Hi @Speedy & @dean. I have not bought this bike as yet. It was bought by a fellow rider from my biking group. In fact, we shall be getting a ZX1400 today.

I am more interested in the Z800 & went to check it out. What a massive machine !! I wasn't even able to get on it due to my business suit . This bike makes the Z1000 look a toy! It is heavier than the Z1000 by about 20 kgs but has impressive road presence.

Now to the Triumph showroom for the Street Tripple.
coolrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 12:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrain View Post
Hi @Speedy & @dean. I have not bought this bike as yet. It was bought by a fellow rider from my biking group. In fact, we shall be getting a ZX1400 today.

I am more interested in the Z800 & went to check it out. What a massive machine !! I wasn't even able to get on it due to my business suit . This bike makes the Z1000 look a toy! It is heavier than the Z1000 by about 20 kgs but has impressive road presence.

Now to the Triumph showroom for the Street Tripple.
Wow..i am waiting for the 7th as my zx-14r comes to the showroom then. Congratulations to your friends for both the bikes..

I did see the z800 and z1000 together at the valley run drag event and i did not find the z800 massive, bigger then what we are used to seeing but still manageable. The design element of the z1000 makes it lighter and more agile for city use.

Street Tripple is also a good bike, but the showroom has not opened in Bombay as yet, end of april for it.
Old 1st April 2014, 22:56   #36
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Overdrive Review of all 3 Kawasaki's.

PPS is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 17:59   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Dean, I had looked at both these bikes but I finally settled on the Z800. I bought the bike from Pune and then rode it down to Bangalore.

I had no issue with the buying experience, I was looking at the Triumph Speed Triple but was put off by the Bangalore showrooms horrible attitude (I am told however that these was a isolated incident and their service attitude is good). Anyway a friend of mine had ridden the only test bike of the Z800 during the launch and he told me that the bike would be perfect for me. So I got the dealers number and gave him a call. They immediately sent me all the information I wanted. By the next day, I had sent the 5L deposit. I was promised on Jan 30th. (Mine was the first z800 to be delivered in India) I finished making all the payments before leaving for Pune.

I turned up at the showroom on the 30th, and I saw them unpacking a Z800. Then there turned out to be a problem, the Kawasaki warehouse has dispatched a bike allocated to someone else, so by time my bike turned up it was already noon. The dealer did not want me to take delivery of the bike that day since it turned out that it was a Amavasya. From the moment I arrived at the dealership he was telling me to take the bike only the next day since I was riding all the way to Bangalore. Anyway fate conspired to make it so and I took the bike on 31st morning.

But while I was at the showroom, they made sure I had all the extra papers I had requested. When the PDI of the bike was done, the owner and mechanics put the bike up on a paddock stand and made sure all the levers and mirrors were adjusted to my liking. In the evening when they had the formal delivery ceremony, they even insisted that we do the pooja for the bike before I ride it.

Like I said overall I was very happy with the buying experience, and I would and have been recommending it to others. Also I know 7 other people who have taken delivery of these bikes from the same dealer in Pune and they all were very happy. So I was quite shocked to see that your friend is having an issue.
VellVector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 18:28   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VellVector View Post
So I was quite shocked to see that your friend is having an issue.
I am now thinking that my friend's case was a one-off incident since everyone else seems to be treated quite well. We have already forgotten the incident and moved on.The intent of my post was to advise people to be a bit more cautious, thats it!

All well that ends well!

P.S. About the bike:
It's a wonderful piece of machinery with a design far more futuristic than any of its rivals. The only sore point about the Z1000 is the turning radius.Now I am no expert on sports bikes so don't know wether all sports bike face this problem.

About the mods :
He has gone ahead and made the exhaust fully free by removing the catalytic converter and the resonator also. Don't know how many times he is going to fall into trouble because of that!
dean5545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 18:08   #39
BHPian

Quote:
The only sore point about the Z1000 is the turning radius.Now I am no expert on sports bikes so don't know wether all sports bike face this problem.
That was a problem for me also. My Z800 definitely has a much larger turning radius than my older Honda Hornet which is the same size. Looks like it is an issue with all the Kawasaki's.
VellVector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2014, 08:51   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VellVector View Post
That was a problem for me also. My Z800 definitely has a much larger turning radius than my older Honda Hornet which is the same size. Looks like it is an issue with all the Kawasaki's.
OT:
Good to know you too have a Honda Hornet. There are very few Hornets,at least in Mumbai. My friends(who bought the z1000) cousin owns one too.
dean5545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 00:12   #41
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Autocar Review of the Z800 & the Z1000.

PPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 14:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Wow..i am waiting for the 7th as my zx-14r comes to the showroom then. Congratulations to your friends for both the bikes..

I did see the z800 and z1000 together at the valley run drag event and i did not find the z800 massive, bigger then what we are used to seeing but still manageable. The design element of the z1000 makes it lighter and more agile for city use.

Street Tripple is also a good bike, but the showroom has not opened in Bombay as yet, end of april for it.
Hi Speedy! Have you got delivery of the zx-14R yet? Do post some pics and details of the delivery.
Fullrevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 14:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Hi Speedy! Have you got delivery of the zx-14R yet? Do post some pics and details of the delivery.
Yes i did get delivery of my bike a month ago. I had posted one pic of the bike and the rest are on my gallery. The delivery was a very smooth affair with no issues or delays..overall experience was very satisfying except for the crtm bit. I am not much of a writer and hence stayed away from opening a thread for the bike.
Old 5th May 2014, 16:26   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes i did get delivery of my bike a month ago. I had posted one pic of the bike and the rest are on my gallery.
That's got to be the most silent delivery of this decade for such a lovely superbike

Congrats on the bike. Looks great. Is that you in first picture?

If not a ownership thread, please share a short write up about how you feel about your bike atleast
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 11:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes i did get delivery of my bike a month ago. I had posted one pic of the bike and the rest are on my gallery. The delivery was a very smooth affair with no issues or delays..overall experience was very satisfying except for the crtm bit. I am not much of a writer and hence stayed away from opening a thread for the bike.
I am told that Kawasaki requires customers outside Pune to manage all RTO formalities by themselves. Is this true and if so how difficult is this?

I find it really ridiculous that where new international players like HD and Triumph are going all out to give top quality sales related service (including TDs) to their customers, Bajaj is still operating in the stone age. First they limit the sales outlet for these bikes to their COCO in Pune (Bajaj who has the widest dealer network) and on top of it they require customers to manage paperwork themselves outside Pune.

Their sales staff is pretty crude too. I had categorically called them and asked that I would come from Mumbai and want to check out the bike including sitting on it to get a feel (not ride mind you). After specifically agreeing to this and reconfirming, an upstart from the KTM showroom came and very rudely starting arguing about how that is not possible. When I tried to explain I had already spoken with the Kawasaki person (who was not present that day), he was not even willing to even speak and let me explain. Complete dunce. Bajaj is taking some amazing steps on product offerings but they need to get their sales staff to grow beyond the era of Chetaks. This despite having focussed pro biking showrooms for their premium offerings.

Overall, a -5 on the showroom experience.
Axe77 is offline   Reply With Quote